PDA

View Full Version : Any books, sites, or rec's on a plan for short visit?

Jessie
08-08-2011, 12:19 PM
Our WDW trip was very short notice. My in-laws offered to take our family. I haven't been since I was 17. Back then I didn't really worry about planning since I was a kid. This is my family's first trip. Since this was all sprung on me last minute I feel like I'm scrambling to have some sense of flexible order to our short stay.

We have a ADR for Cinderella's Royal Table on the first day. Beyond that I feel lost. I've posted a few questions here and there about the order people do things at MK and what to do after our ADR, but for some reason I feel like I'm missing something.

So, I'm wondering if there are guide books I should look at or a website that gives any planning ideas?

Jessie
08-08-2011, 12:41 PM
In answer to my own suggestion request - I just now learned that MNSSHP is on the 13th! We were going to go on the 11th and 12th (then my in-laws want to visit Islands of Adventures on the final day :unsure:). I'm thinking we'll switch it around and do first day WDW, second IofA and then third day WDW again! :D

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-08-2011, 05:28 PM
My advice is not to plan too much!

I would have everyone pick out one thing that they really want to do, and then work out getting those done, and don't worry about the things you'll miss, you can't do it all in one trip.

For our first trip, we spent our two Disney days in MK, and had a bit of a plan, but even without a crazy good plan, we had a blast!

Of course, you know to go to the more popular attractions first, use FP, etc, but don't forget to slow down and enjoy too!

faline
08-08-2011, 07:12 PM
There are four parks at Disney World. Since you only have a couple of days there, I'd suggest you only pick a couple of the parks and concentrate on those. You mention that you will be going to the Magic Kingdom for a meal and also for the party. I'd sugget you make your other day in another park. You can't do it all so relax and make sure you do what is most important to you at the parks you select. There's always a feeling that you should be doing more to pack in as much as possible - don't corner yourself in this way.

Jessie
08-08-2011, 07:18 PM
Yeah, we plan on only doing MK while we are there. Two reason for that - 1. So we don't rush around on day one and 2. We have an ADR on day one and now we're going to MNSSHP on our second park day. No park hopper, so one park per day.

Pirate Granny
08-08-2011, 09:53 PM
Save yourself time and money...you can get into the lark at 4pm for the party....so nit sure you want to go into the MK.

I am doing HP in the morning, and MNSSHP for 4pm...ambitious yep, but we only want to see potter land, and we'll be in line 30 minutes before opening, eat at the three broomsticks and perhaps a flume ride in juassic park...then cab to hotel, swim and party...

Kairi_7378
08-08-2011, 10:30 PM
Can you do another park on the morning of the party? Maybe take a stroll through the World Showcase?

Jessie
08-09-2011, 07:41 AM
Last night while letting my brain run all over as I was trying to fall asleep I had one of these :idea: followed by a :doh:. I can't believe it didn't occur to me that I didn't have to be in the park the day of the MNSSHP since that is a completely separate ticket event. That definitely puts a whole different spin on things. Thanks gang!

alaMode
08-09-2011, 06:15 PM
If you're going to do MNSSHP one evening, I suggest visiting DHS or Future World at Epcot during that morning/afternoon. Both areas are manageable size-wise and won't wear you out before the big event! AK and World Showcase involve a lot more walking and time IMO.

We'll be at MNSSHP at the end of October and we plan to visit DHS the morning of the party. We have a 5pm ADR at Chef Mickeys, then we're off to the party!

As for a touring plan-ITA that it's a great idea to identify your must-do attractions and plan everything around them!

Enjoy your trip-you're going to have so much fun!

Nikerox
08-09-2011, 07:55 PM
Try Birnbaum Guides 2011 Walt Disney World - Expert Advice from the Inside Source...... awesome book! I believe it was about $17.00 whe we got ours this year. Birnbaums also has a guide for children, we gave each of our daughters one so they could help plan our trip!:mickey: