Day 6 - Universal Studios
ME
DW
DS - 13
DD - 13
Home: Boston, Ma
Staying at the Villas at Wilderness Lodge
July 16 -July 23

The wake up call came at 5:30. We headed down to the Roaring Forks for a CS breakfast and then off to Universal Studios. We arrived at Universal Studios just before opening at 8am. Our first ride of the day was Rip Ride Rockit. We got to the ride just as it opened and there was no line. We rode it 3 times in a row because our Express Passes could not be used on this ride and we knew the line would be over an hour long in no time. Wow what a great coaster this is! It’s fast, smooth, and you get to choose the music you want to listen to. The pumping music definitely makes the ride. You can also watch, and purchase if you like, a copy of a video of you on the ride, really cool. After RRR we saw Twister (cool), Revenge of the Mummy (cool), Disaster! (disappointing), The Simpson’s Ride (fun), and Men in Black. (fun). After Men in Black we decided to beat the rush and had an early lunch, it was now just about 11:30 am. The timing was perfect, after we ordered and got our food and table the place just filled up. In no time at all the line for food was going out the door and there wasn’t a table left in the place. After lunch we got a little nostalgic, again, and rode Woody Woodpeckers Nuthouse Coaster. WWNC and Goofy’s Barnstormer were the first Rollercoaster’s our twins rode on a trip back in 2001. We started heading back toward the front of the park, and it was starting to get really hot. We stopped off at a little Irish shop (with A/C), I bought my daughter an Irish Claddah ring, my son a bracelet with a Celtic knot on it, and I bought myself a refrigerator magnet with the Irish blessing on it. Growing up my grandparents always had a tapestry on the wall of the kitchen with the Irish blessing on it, so I had to get it. They had the actual tapestry but it was $60.00, the magnet was $6.00, went with the magnet. We decided to see what the line at RRR looked like now so we headed back that way. On our way DW was approached and asked it she would do a survey, she did not want to ride RRR again so she decided to say yes and do the survey while she waited for us. DD did not want to wait for the ride, so she decided to stay with DW and DS and I went over to RRR. When we got there the ride was shut down for technical issues but nobody could tell us for how long. We decided to wait a bit and after less than 5 mins the music started and they opened the ride back up. Because the ride had closed there was now no wait. DS and I ran on and rode it, we were like 5th in line when it re-opened. We ran around and rode it a second time, this time no music played, it felt like a completely different coaster, definitely not as good without the music pumping. We ran around to ride again, but the line was getting too long so we jumped in the single rider line. We both still ended up on the same train. At the end of the ride we stopped right before pulling back in to the loading station, and stayed there, in the heat, for about 15 to 20 minutes. It appears someone had bumped their head getting on the train ahead of us and bled on the seat. They had about 5 people scrubbing down that train in the loading station. They said they could not send the train on with blood on it so we could not pull in. After we finally pulled in they apologized and gave everyone a 1 time use Express Pass for any ride, except, RRR and HPFJ. We already had Express Pass so it really didn’t matter to us. We just took the passes and moved on. We met back up with DW and DD and went and saw Shrek 4D, Terminator, and E.T.. At this point the kids had had enough of Universal Studios so we decided to hop back over to IOA. We got to IOA and jumped on The Hulk a couple of times and then made our way over to Dudley Do Rights Rip Saw Falls. It was pretty hot so the wait was almost 2 hours to get on, of course we had VIP Express Passes so the wait would only be about 10mins for us. While we were getting in the Express line there were 2 people walking out, a father and daughter, they were in the wrong line and were heading back to the long stand-by line. I stopped them and handed them the 2 x 1 time use Express Passes DS and I had received seeing they were no good to us. They got to turn right around and head back on. We saw them after the ride and the attendant did not take or scan the passes we gave them so they were going to get to use them again on another ride. After Dudley Do Right, we went over and rode Popeye and Bluto’s Bilge Rat-Barges, we got soaked. We went to get on Jurassic Park again next but there was some thunder in the distance so they closed the ride. We grabbed dinner and decided to head out back to the resort when we were done. We stopped for some Super Hero and Super Villain pictures on the way out of the park. Back at the resort we took another night swim before going to bed.

Wake up call set for 6am, plan for next day DHS….

Mickey'sGirl
08-08-2011, 11:11 AM
Way to pass the magic along to that other family! You guys are troopers waiting in lines for so long! It sounds like it was all worth it though!

yjgirl32
08-08-2011, 11:53 AM
Sounds like a great day. Thanks for sharing.

Bucs300
08-09-2011, 03:27 AM
Sometimes taking those Surveys at Universal can really pay off. I've done it numerous times and actually got paid for a bunch of them!! :thumbsup:

Posterchild
08-09-2011, 05:52 AM
Another awesome report! Thanks!

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-09-2011, 10:26 AM
Thanks for the report

princessgirls
08-09-2011, 02:36 PM
Great fun day in Universal! You guys did a lot!

Julie:mickey:

KylesMom
08-11-2011, 02:04 PM
Looks like the two days you had slated for Universal ending up being plenty of time to tour the parks & hit the best attractions numerous times. It also seems like if you really want to enjoy your time there, get that Express Pass!

Another great day for your family! :mickey:

January-2007
08-11-2011, 09:36 PM
Thanks for reporting.

faline
08-13-2011, 05:47 PM
It was very nice of you to pass along the passes to that other family! I'll bet it made their day! You certainly had a very busy Universal day!

pdrlkr
08-19-2011, 03:30 PM
Thanks for the Report!

vizsla
08-23-2011, 05:11 AM
Thanks for the report.