Day 3 - EPCOT
ME
DW
DS - 13
DD - 13
Home: Boston, Ma
Staying at the Villas at Wilderness Lodge
July 16 -July 23

EPCOT, DW’s favorite Park. We got off the bus at EPCOT somewhere around 9:15am and made our way straight to Soarin,. My only issue is we rode it only once this trip and I love this ride. The line for Soarin was already at 45 mins when we got there, FP return was somewhere around 1pm already. We used our instant Fast Passes from our BLT Tour and got right on. Just as I remembered, incredible. After Soarin we got FP’s for Test Track and the kids and I went to the Stand-by line for Mission Space - Orange. The Stand-by wait for MS - Orange said 40mins, it was only like 25mins. Even though we did MS Orange, it still felt less intense as I remembered it to be. Has it been toned down in the last 5 years?. After MS we met up with DW, who does not do MS due to motion sickness. She had tried it on our last trip and that was enough for her, she didn’t feel right for the rest of the day after going on. We started around the World Showcase counter clockwise heading for Japan for Lunch at Teppan Edo. The kids love the Japanese Hibachi Restaurants back home so we knew this would be a safe bet, and we were right. After Lunch we hung around the Japan Pavilion for a bit, checked out the Koi pond, and then continued on around The World Showcase. We stopped in Italy to watch some street performances, one being the Ziti Sisters. They pulled my son in during the performance which he got a kick out of, although he turned a little red. I ran over to Germany to grab a beer and brought it back to Italy to enjoy the street performances. After Italy we back tracked to the American Pavilion to grab a funnel cake and fried Ice Cream. We had some Photopass pictures taken on the bridge in front of Italy, and then continued on to Norway for Maelstrom and a break from the heat. After Norway we stopped at some of the street carts. I bought a bead bracelet for my daughter. The beads are hard but made of recycled paper dipped in varnish 3 times. The paper for the beads come from shredded old park maps and are hand made. The beads are different colors and represent various Disney Characters. The colors of the beads are from the colors in the park maps, they are not colored after being rolled into beads. My daughter chose Princess Jasmin Beads because they are purple, her favorite color. We grabbed a Kim Possible Communicator and headed off to Mexico. The kids had fun doing the KP Mission, we only did it in Mexico but it can be done all around the WS. In Mexico we rode The Gran Fiesta Tour Starring the Three Caballeros, and then I grabbed a Margarita inside at La Cantina De San Angel. It was like a straight glass of Tequila on the rocks with salt on the rim, very strong, but still good as I do like tequila. We finished up in the WS and next we were off to Ellen’s Energy Adventure for a nap in the A/C. This attraction is a snooze fest, something has to be done here. After Ellen we went to Club Cool to try the different Soda’s from around the world. I think I was the only one who liked the Beverly, I thought it was very good and refreshing. After leaving Club Cool we had to wipe the bottom of our shoes with wet wipes to get all the sticky soda off our feet from the floor inside. We went from Club Cool over to ride Spaceship Earth to see new renovations since our last trip. We had dinner reservations at The Coral Reef restaurant, so that was our next stop. DW and I had eaten here about 16 years ago and enjoyed it a lot. DW insisted we make reservations here for this trip, I tried to warn her that I had heard it wasn’t the same as she remembered it, but she insisted. Point for me, although it was ok, it was probably my least enjoyable meal of the trip, but the service was good. After dinner we rode Nemo and friends, I was disappointed with this ride, not much going on here. There were no fish in the tank the characters show up in so I think that lessened the experience. After Nemo we hung out checking out the Manatees and other animals upstairs for a while. On our way out we stopped for Photopass pictures with the Characters. To get back to our resort we rode the Monorail from EPCOT to the TTA, and then from TTA to MK, and then the boat from MK to WL. When we got back to WL we all got in our bathing suits for a night time swim in the quiet pool before turning in for the night.

Wakeup call set for 5:30
Plan for next Day MK @ 8am for EMH

Mickey'sGirl
08-08-2011, 11:00 AM
What a fabulous Epcot day!!! I could wander around the World Showcase for hours and hours just watching stuff (and sampling the odd beverage too. :secret: ). I will have to check out the bracelets in Norway now that you've piqued my interest!

A great day with your family.:thumbsup:

yjgirl32
08-08-2011, 11:34 AM
A great day. I have had the best meals at Coral Reef- bummer that you didn't- glad you had a good day.

mgmnut
08-08-2011, 11:35 AM
I will have to check out the bracelets in Norway now that you've piqued my interest!

A great day with your family.:thumbsup:

They were at a kiosk between Norway and Mexico.

gauvin4
08-08-2011, 01:45 PM
What a fantastic day!! I am really enjoying your reports!!:mickey:

January-2007
08-08-2011, 06:27 PM
I totally agree about the Nemo ride and there being no fish. It's pointless.

Glad you had another good day.

Bucs300
08-09-2011, 03:11 AM
After Ellen we went to Club Cool to try the different Soda’s from around the world. I think I was the only one who liked the Beverly, I thought it was very good and refreshing.

You actually liked the Beverly?? That's something you don't hear very often!! ;)

iceicebritney
08-09-2011, 08:13 AM
Sounds like you had another great day:thumbsup:

I've never heard of these bracelets, but they sound like a wonderful idea. We will have to check those out for sure:mickey:

Sorry to hear you didn't get to ride soarin more than once. It really is a great ride! I often wish we could ride it more also, but that line is just insane!

SBETigg
08-09-2011, 08:17 AM
I also like the beverly. The bead bracelet sounds very cool, will have to check those out. World Showcase has become one of our favorites at WDW. I think we could easily spend a whole vacation just at WS.

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-09-2011, 10:17 AM
Sounds like a really good Epcot day...sorry to hear CR wasn't the best

princessgirls
08-09-2011, 02:59 PM
Wonderful Epcot Day!!!

Julie:mickey:

KylesMom
08-10-2011, 04:25 PM
Isn't sauntering through Epcot's World Showcase the best? So many things to see - so many entertainers to be amused by - and so many foods to sample! I think my DS had funnel cakes with ice cream on three separate occasions. :D Me, I settled for a Margarita from La Cava del Tequila!

We've often kicked around trying Coral Reef as a family, but it gets so many mixed reviews it's hard to make a definite decision on this one. What did your teens think of the experience?

Thanks for another great report! :mickey:

mgmnut
08-12-2011, 11:24 AM
Isn't sauntering through Epcot's World Showcase the best? So many things to see - so many entertainers to be amused by - and so many foods to sample! I think my DS had funnel cakes with ice cream on three separate occasions. :D Me, I settled for a Margarita from La Cava del Tequila!

We've often kicked around trying Coral Reef as a family, but it gets so many mixed reviews it's hard to make a definite decision on this one. What did your teens think of the experience?

Thanks for another great report! :mickey:

Absolutely, EPCOT is a nice slow pace park to take it all in. That must be where I got my Margarita, it was right inside on the right in the Mexican Pravillion Building.

My kids are honestly very easy. I think they enjoyed Coral Reef just for the different atmosphere. Like I said, I thought it was good, just not great. With so many dining choices at EPCOT I just think we could have done much better. But when it all comes down to it, It really is the company that matters, and the Company was great as far as I am concerned! :number1:

faline
08-13-2011, 05:31 PM
The bead bracelet sounds really cool - I'll have to look for those on my next trip!

I, too, think Coral Reef has gone done in quality over the years. Our last couple of time at this place have been just okay.

mgmnut
08-17-2011, 07:57 AM
The bead bracelet sounds really cool - I'll have to look for those on my next trip!

I, too, think Coral Reef has gone done in quality over the years. Our last couple of time at this place have been just okay.

I looked up how to make these beads, I think I am going to show my daughter how to do it so she can make her own. Good rainy day project

tsantillo
08-17-2011, 03:14 PM
I, too, have ridden the Nemo ride and not seen any fish. After we got off the ride, we noticed it was feeding time elsewhere in the tank. :oops:

vizsla
08-19-2011, 05:10 AM
Thanks for the report.

pdrlkr
08-19-2011, 03:28 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey: