PDA

View Full Version : Poly!! Where should we request to be?

disneykid@hrt
08-07-2011, 10:27 PM
I am pretty excited to be staying not only on Disney property... But um at a monorail resort!! We usually send a request down a few days ahead of time, and we are shipping some stuff down so I was going to give them a heads up anyway.. So being a deluxe novice I was wondering if anyone could tell me what building/area we should request for our room to be in? We booked the room as a Magic Kingdom view. I wouldn't mind staring at the castle all night long so I need to know the best room to do so. ;) I know there are poly experts out there, so please don't hold back.

Polynesian Dweller
08-07-2011, 11:15 PM
IMO, other than club level Hawaii, the best MK view rooms are in Tahiti. It is one of the newer buildings so has the largest rooms and two sinks in the bathroom. It's a short walk to the main building ( the Great Ceremonial House ) and right beside the TTC so very convenient for transportation.

It is also one of the newest buildings meaning balconies on all floors (older buildings don't have them on the 2nd floor), larger rooms and two sinks in the bathroom.

A Big Kid
08-08-2011, 09:29 AM
I also prefer the Tahiti building. It is farthest from the GCH, but closer to tranportation to Epcot and the MK. Although counterintuitive, it is a shorter walk to the TTC to catch a monorail or a ferry to the MK than it is to walk to the GCH<

disneykid@hrt
08-08-2011, 04:18 PM
We just upgraded to club level!! So is there more than one building for that or are we pretty set to ahold good room?

KarenP
08-08-2011, 05:40 PM
Club level rooms are in Hawaii.

wmdaddy
08-09-2011, 08:28 AM
If you booked a Magic Kingdom View, I'd request Tahiti as well.

Though if you want some advice, save the money and request a room in Tokelau. Best location of any building. We were in Tahiti, and while it was a nice view of the lagoon and fireworks, you can really only see the top of the castle. I wouldn't pay for that view again.

brivers222
12-21-2011, 01:15 PM
We stayed in Tahiti with a perfect MK view. We ended up always walking over the TTC to catch the monorail to the GCH... It was a 5min walk as opposed to a 10+ min walk this way.

The rooms were nice (two queen beds) which was quite odd for a couple on a honeymoon... but let me just say, it was amazing having my own bed to sleep in for part of the trip. Best night sleeps in a few years lol no sharing of covers!!!!

Personally I was not all that impressed with the room itself... it seemed too dark (But that was the design of the poly's atmosphere) However, the view was priceless!!! each night we slept with the slcurtains open so the castle could be our night light. then in the early mornings i would open the sliding door and let the sounds of the MK fill our room. I got to hear the castle show a few times while laying on my bed :)