PDA

View Full Version : Surprising the wife

HMFan
08-07-2011, 06:48 PM
I have seen a lot of threads that are old and scare me....but wonder if someone can point me to the latest and greatest when it comes to wedding vow renewal on property ?

Want so much to surprise her in January.....

jmj18
08-07-2011, 08:19 PM
No info to share...

just wanted to say how AWESOME!!!

:mickey:

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-07-2011, 09:52 PM
From what I understand, Vow Renewals are treated the same by Disney as weddings.

All of the planning details can be found on the official Disney site, right here. (http://disneyweddings.disney.go.com/weddings/florida/collections/overview)

gratuspater
08-27-2011, 03:43 PM
I have seen a lot of threads that are old and scare me....but wonder if someone can point me to the latest and greatest when it comes to wedding vow renewal on property ?

Want so much to surprise her in January.....

From the research that I've done, for the same reason, I found out that if you choose the intimate vow renewal by disney, you are limited to 20 people total, and if I remember right the price tag for a vow renewal at the wedding chapel, ran somewhere around $5000-$6000. I've also researched weddings at the swan and dolphin hotels, with JustMarry doing the leg work. You can have the ceremony at the swan in one of the courtyards with the fountains in them, and they also have a ceremony site between the swan and boardwalk by the water way. Bigger ceremonys can be held in front of the pool and I think on the beach. If it rains that day you use one of the convention rooms, but that kind of defeats the purpose for me. I think bare bottom prices started around $2600 and the sky is the limit. I don't think there was a limit on the number of guests, but some of the venues will only comfortably hold a certain number of guests. U tube has several videos of swan and dolphin vow renewals.

disney obsessed
08-28-2011, 04:35 PM
This is my idea if you really want to surprise her. Now you know that "surprise her" means she will have no say in the event so, make it a real surprise. Your already married, right? Will you be alone or with family? If alone you should just drop to your knee in your favorite spot and ask her to spend her life with you again. Then you pull out specially written vows you have written for her and say them then and there. This could even be during fireworks since it is a private moment. If you are with family, the will be just as surprised.

Or are you talking about "a real" wedding with an officiant, guests and a reception. If I were you, I would do the research and make the appointment for when you are on vacation to meet with the planners. That is the "surprise" and she gets to plan a future true vow renewal.
Most women want in on the planning if it is going to be an event. If it is a "spur of the moment, romantic swept away "idea you want then go with the private thing.

Just my opinion.

HMFan
09-05-2011, 07:22 PM
Thanks to all who replied. I am currently planning the event and could not be more excited!

Thanks again....

disneyfan328
09-11-2011, 10:31 PM
make sure to let us all know how it goes! We would love to see pics :) For me I would love the suggestion above with doing just the one knee hand written vows in front of the castle and save the money for something else! Good luck with whatever you decide.