PDA

View Full Version : The Poly People are Summer Trippin'! We're on our way to Disneyland!

mouseketeer mom
08-07-2011, 02:18 PM
Here's a brief pre trip report for us Poly Peeps.
We returned home from WDW just a few weeks ago, and now..California here we come!!
Cast:
Me Lisa
DH Steven
DD Katie 17
DD Khloe 15
DS Kai 11

This will be our 2nd consecutive year going to the Disneyland resort. DH was offered a speaking position at the Disneyland Hotel, at a specific convention, for the same week in August for the next 6 years! So, happily, this will be the second of many trips to Disneyland.
We will leave this coming week for 11 days at the Disneyland Hotel. Last year we vascillated back and forth over which DL resort to choose, but this year we were certain, and didn't question our options at all. The Disneyland Hotel was simply magic. Starting from walking thru the door and hearing the classic Disney music, to the little magical touches in the rooms, this resort suits us to a T. Many encouraged us to stay at the Grand Californian last year, but so happy we did not. It was dark, woodsy, and just way too big. We love the Disneyland Hotel and cannot wait to see our room. We will be staying Club level in the new renovated Adventure tower (last year it was called Dreams tower). We have a Theme park/DTD view booked like last year, and have requested the same room. Actually, upon booking, the agent asked if we liked our room last year, and did we want to ask to be put in the same room? You would never get that out of a WDW agent!! Last year, DTD was in front of us, DL to left, we could see Magical! fireworks from our room, and California Adventure was to our right, and we could see some of World of Color from our room.
We have 10 day park hoppers. Our arrival day consists of Disneyland!! We have dinner booked for Cafe Orleans that evening. That was one of our faves last year. The only other dinner we have booked for this trip is for Ariels Grotto, with a World of Color package to reserve our spot for the show. Other than that, we walked into everything we wanted last year, and feel confident we can eat wherever we choose in the parks and DTD, so no other ADR's necessary.
We will explore lots of So Cal as well, as we did last year. Sunday we'll hit the Malibu farmers market, and the one in LA the next Sunday. We'll visit lots of beaches, and San Diego as well.
I am so looking forward to being back in this original magic once again. Last year, we compared every single ride., not missing one. This year, I do not feel the same pressure to do that. We have many days to see and do all we wish, so we will take our time, and enjoy what we want.
We're excited for the new monorail pool, and the two new restaurants at the hotel.
So, we're almost there!!! We'll come back and report!!

yjgirl32
08-07-2011, 03:01 PM
Wahoo I love your reports. Some day I hope to be lucky enough to visit Disneyland and with reading your reports will have some knowledge of what I will want to see and do. Have a Magical vacation.

BrerGnat
08-07-2011, 04:25 PM
So. Very. Jealous.

I miss Disneyland SO much, and this awful hot, humid weather is not helping us like Virginia at all.

Safe travels and I hope you have an amazing time! You have a nice, long trip planned and that is excellent, so you can really relax and enjoy everything to the fullest. I can't wait to hear all about it and look forward to your trip reports when you come back (or will you be posting live, thanks to the free in room wifi at DLR hotels?) ;) No pressure...

Have some peanut brittle from the candy store for me. I miss it so...used to be a weekly snack for me. :blush:

mouseketeer mom
08-07-2011, 04:28 PM
So. Very. Jealous.

I miss Disneyland SO much, and this awful hot, humid weather is not helping us like Virginia at all.

Safe travels and I hope you have an amazing time! You have a nice, long trip planned and that is excellent, so you can really relax and enjoy everything to the fullest. I can't wait to hear all about it and look forward to your trip reports when you come back (or will you be posting live, thanks to the free in room wifi at DLR hotels?) ;) No pressure...

Have some peanut brittle from the candy store for me. I miss it so...used to be a weekly snack for me. :blush:

Yum, Peanut brittle! Any chance I can find great caramels anywhere?

BrerGnat
08-07-2011, 08:05 PM
Yum, Peanut brittle! Any chance I can find great caramels anywhere?

Um...well if you like walnuts, they make huge pralines and "turtle" caramels. The fresh English toffee is pretty darn amazing, but the peanut brittle wins! It has a very caramel-y taste. Very different from many other ones I've tasted.

They sell marshmallows dipped in caramel and then dark or milk chocolate too. All these treats are found either at Marceline's in Downtown Disney, or at the Confectionery on Main Street. They make a different type of candy every day at the candy store. If you ask, they will give you a bag of the "Fresh" candy that's behind the glass in the candy kitchen! :thumbsup:

Disney4us2
08-07-2011, 10:18 PM
Have a great trip to Disneyland. :mickey: We will just miss each other. We are headed to WDW the same time you will be at Disneyland.

As far as the caramels, Natalie suggested the places I would have looked. I don't know if they have any candy stores at Garden Walk. I haven't been there.

Have fun exploring all the new changes at DCA.

P.S. How do you get your pictures in your reports.... I love it.

mouseketeer mom
08-08-2011, 07:07 AM
Have a great trip to Disneyland. :mickey: We will just miss each other. We are headed to WDW the same time you will be at Disneyland.

As far as the caramels, Natalie suggested the places I would have looked. I don't know if they have any candy stores at Garden Walk. I haven't been there.

Have fun exploring all the new changes at DCA.

P.S. How do you get your pictures in your reports.... I love it.

I choose the pics I want and add them to photobucket, then I just link them to my intercot posts!

KylesMom
08-08-2011, 10:17 AM
Lisa, I'm still catching up and enjoying your Disney World vacation - how very cool that yet another family getaway is on the horizon. Your plans sound heavenly! :mickey:

princessgirls
08-08-2011, 10:56 AM
Lisa,

Have a Magical Wonderful time!!

Can't wait to read your reports.

Enjoy your time with your family.

Julie:mickey:

disneymomma2010
08-08-2011, 08:14 PM
I don't know what your husband's job is but I would love it if my dh had a job like that! That is wonderful!

I can't wait to read your report. Have a great time!:mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-09-2011, 10:02 AM
Have a great trip

mgmnut
08-09-2011, 03:28 PM
I am so jealous, I haven't been to DL in 14 years so I never have seen DCA. Have a great trip and enjoy the west coast!!

mouseketeer mom
08-09-2011, 09:09 PM
I don't know how I forgot this, but on Friday, the kids and I are heading over to the D23expo! So looking forward to that, and they are looking forward to meeting some Disney channel stars!

faline
08-12-2011, 06:05 PM
I'm so jealous! What a wonderful trip! Enjoy the left hand side of the country!

January-2007
08-12-2011, 10:53 PM
Can't wait to read all about the hotel. We aren't going back to Disneyland until we can stay onsite, we were there in January and it was fun, but we want the full immersion experience. Hope you have a wonderful time!

MinnieMommie
08-15-2011, 09:15 PM
How exciting! I can"t wait to read your report. :mickey: