PDA

View Full Version : Dream vs Magic

TinkerbellsMom
08-07-2011, 12:09 PM
Hi everyone,

We are planning to take our 10 yr old DD on her first cruise. Trying to decide between 4 night Dream to Bahamas or 7 night Magic to eastern carribean. The Magic price wise is a better deal, but the DD wants to do the Aquaduct slide. Would love to hear pros/cons of both trips.

Thanks for your help!:mickey:

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-07-2011, 09:56 PM
I would take the 7-day trip! Yes, the aquaduct is super-cool, but there is so much going on that she won't miss it!

Go for the extra time! We did a 5-day last year, and it seemed like we just got settled and had to get off the ship.

TinkerbellsMom
08-09-2011, 05:39 PM
We decided to go with the 7 day. Thanks.

Ed
08-09-2011, 07:57 PM
You won't regret it. Of all the DCL itineraries out of FL, the Eastern is hands-down our favorite.

:thumbsup:

DisneyFr33k
08-10-2011, 08:03 AM
I 100% agree with the previous posters above. If the 7 day is cheaper than the Dream, it's a no brainer. The Aqua Duck alone isn't worth the price difference. Take you daughter to a near by water park to get her fill of water slides! The eastern cruise is wonderful - you will love it!

disneygnome
08-15-2011, 06:54 PM
We just got back from a 5 night trip on the Dream and we have previously traveled on the Wonder. Both were fantastic but the Dream definitely has upgrades, newer technology than the Magic and Wonder. Enchanted Art work, Detective game, youth clubs with more tech than the space station, photo pass photos that automatically get into your photo folder, turtle talk with crush; and yes, the Aquaduck is every bit as cool as it looks! These things make the Dream even better than the Wonder and Magic if that was possible. However, if I had the same choice that you do, I would take the longer vacation at the cheaper price. More time is worth it. For the record, the smallest rooms on the Dream are 20 square feet smaller than the smallest rooms on the Magic/Wonder so you will most likely have a larger room on the Magic/Wonder. Have a great time!

mjaclyn
10-09-2011, 11:20 AM
I had the same dilemma as you a few months ago when we were deciding between a 7 night on the Magic or a 7 night on the Fantasy. The Fantasy was more expensive and a LOT farther away. Plus, my DD would have had to miss the first week of school and I didn't want to take her out so early in the year. As much as I want to go on the Fantasy, we opted for the Eastern Caribbean on the Magic. I'm really excited to try out one of the 'Classic' ships. We took a 4 night cruise on the Dream last May and LOVED it. It was our first Disney Cruise ever, and the Dream was awesome and beautiful. The only concern I have is that after being on the Dream I might be disappointed in the Magic because it is a smaller and older ship. Veteran cruisers have told me that I won't be disappointed because the smaller ships aren't any worse than the newer ones, they're just different in their own way. Kind of like the differences between WDW and DLR. We can love them both for what they are, even though WDW is much bigger and offers more than DLR. I'm super excited to see what the Magic has to offer!

Donald_Quackers
10-10-2011, 09:09 PM
I agree -- 7 night eastern. I loved St. Maarten and St. Thomas. Had a lot of fun at Castaway Cay, not to mention Pelican Plunge!

The extra sea day was so relaxing -- spent a little time in the Rainforest room, watched a movie, lots of stuff going on!