PDA

View Full Version : Can't hit attractions first thing in the am, what to do?

Jessie
08-06-2011, 02:31 PM
This is going to be a very short trip (only 2 days) and my kids first trip to WDW (5 -turning 6 while there, 3, 18mo). We'll be there on the 11th, and 12th.

On our first day we have reservations for Cinderella's Royal Table for my daughter's birthday, first thing after the park opens. I'm sort of worried about this because it means we'll miss a crucial fast pass collection window and the morning rush to get on rides without a huge wait.

I'm pretty sure our entire party needs to be there to be seated for our reservation, and I estimate we'll take at least an hour or so for breakfast. How do I then go out into the parks and make the best of the situation? We do have a 15 min window prior to our reservation so I suppose one of us could go and grab fast passes during that window or is that cutting it too close? Any other tips?

BelleKP
08-06-2011, 03:00 PM
What a wonderful treat for your daughters birthday! She will love it at CRT! :party:
To make the most of it I would do the following. Get to the park early, and enjoy the opening ceremonies . . . especially being the first visit for your kids, it will make the start of the day so magical!:cloud9: Then I would grab one set of fast passes before you head to the restaurant, perhaps for Peter Pan which backs up quite quickly. You will still make it to the restaurant in plenty of time for your ressie. If your fast pass time opens while eating, I wouldn't hesitate to send one person of your party to grab another set of fastpasses as the bill is being settled (provided the window is open) then all meet up at your first attraction. If Dumbo is on your to do list, I would head there before any fastpass attraction!
Good luck . . . and don't worry, you are only losing an hour at most . . . you will no doubt have a magical time! :mickey:

Aurora
08-06-2011, 03:22 PM
Sarah took the words right out of my mouth. The only thing I would alter is that if Dumbo's wait time is 30 minutes or more after your breakfast, I would recommend going there first thing in the morning on the second day. The line is almost always longer than what's posted and waiting in that heat taxes the most patient person.

The new queue for the Winnie the Pooh ride has made that wait much more fun, so the standby line would be worth it for the little ones.

Since you're only going to be there for two days and your kids are so small, know that you're not going to be able to do everything. The heat and the kids' ages will slow you down more than you can imagine. That said, It will be tempting not to take a break in the middle of the day, but take the break. Decide beforehand what you really want them to see. Make a list, and if you get to anything else, it will be a bonus.

Above all, take it slow, take lots of pictures, and have a great time.

texas211
08-07-2011, 01:27 AM
Just grab your fastpasses and you'll be good to go.

ransam
08-07-2011, 11:27 AM
my best advice like others say, get there early. take your time walking down mainstreet since it won't have any crowds. take lots of pictures. Enjoy your day.

Mousemates
08-10-2011, 09:59 AM
I agree with sending someone to grab a Pan fastpass...and if the fifteen minute window doesn't include the time it takes to walk from the gate to the castle I would suggest hitting Snow White (but only if you can walk on and are pretty sure it won't frighten your kids and put a damper on riding the rest of the day...little ones occasionally don't handle that particular dark ride all that well (the witch really is scary....lol)