PDA

View Full Version : Phineas and Ferb the Movie: Across the 2nd Dimension

brownie
08-06-2011, 12:05 PM
We watched the premiere last night and really enjoyed Phineas and Ferb the Movie: Across the 2nd Dimension. It was a good movie. If you're a fan, you definitely need to check it out.

There seemed to be several references to other shows and movies in this movie.

:spoiler:

I wonder if the scene where Perry the Platyborg gets the chicken or turkey stuck on its tail and then holds the corn that pops was an ode to the Peanuts Thanksgiving special?

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-06-2011, 01:16 PM
I agree! It was really cute!!

DH liked it more than DD did, but then he is the P&F fan in this house anyways :thumbsup:

IamBelle
08-06-2011, 10:20 PM
I LOVED it!! The plot was good and I liked how they had references to other shows like The Honeymooners and I Love Lucy. The songs were great as usual!

Ian
08-07-2011, 10:01 AM
It was awesome!! Seriously, this show is pure genius. I can't fathom how anyone (*cough* JOHN YAGLENSKI!!! *cough* *cough*) wouldn't give it a try. The humor is so clever and the way they multi-layer it so kids and adults each find something to like reminds me a lot of the way Pixar does their films.

Seriously, how funny was that musical number with the two Doofs? "Hmm, I thought I'd be taller. I've been told I slouch. I thought I've have both my eyes, y'know. It's in this pouch. Ouch!"

That's gold, Jerry ... GOLD!

IamBelle
08-07-2011, 07:09 PM
The humor is so clever and the way they multi-layer it so kids and adults each find something to like reminds me a lot of the way Pixar does their films.

Seriously, how funny was that musical number with the two Doofs?

This is exactly why I LOVE Phineas and Ferb! The song with the two Doofs is my favorite...followed by when they teach the other Phineas and Ferb about summer and end up going into their theme song.

brownie
08-09-2011, 03:09 PM
It was awesome!! Seriously, this show is pure genius. I can't fathom how anyone (*cough* JOHN YAGLENSKI!!! *cough* *cough*) wouldn't give it a try.

I wonder what John will get to first, Phineas & Ferb or the Candlelight Processional? John, it's not too late to catch the Phineas & Ferb movie, they're still running it. You don't even have to watch the show to understand what's going on in the movie.