PDA

View Full Version : which week?

jarajam
08-06-2011, 12:26 AM
we are looking at going either the week prior to Thanksgiving (Nov 13-20) or the week after Thanksgiving (27th- Dec 2) Any thoughts on which might be more crowded? Wil the X-mas decorations be up at the earlier week? I know the parade usually films around that time and plan to avoid the crowds on that day! TIA!

Bucs300
08-06-2011, 04:00 AM
Disney starts putting up Christmas decorations around Nov. 1st and they are completely done decorating by Thanksgiving. I would say from my experiences the week after Thanksgiving would be far less crowded. Usually by that Sunday or Monday the parks are dead because everyone that was there for Thanksgiving has headed back home. So if it were me I would definitely go with the week after Thanksgiving, less crowds plus everything will be fully decorated for Christmas!! :mickey:

lynnek
08-06-2011, 06:32 AM
We are going for the second time the week prior to Thanksgiving. We chose this week last yr because of the really low crowds. The weekend of Nov 12 and 13th is the last weekend of F&W--catch a little of that, it's fun. The Christmas Party is going on at Magic Kingdom, the Osborne lights are up at DHS and there is the Festival of Masters Art thing going on at downtown disney that weekend as well. We leave the Friday before the weekend before Thanksgiving, which I hear is busy, but the week prior to Thanksgiving is awesome.

DisneyFr33k
08-06-2011, 07:41 AM
Wil the X-mas decorations be up at the earlier week?

Heck, we've traveled late October for several years and the x-mas trees were up and decorating was in full swing.

I envy you to have the choice between those weeks. With kids in school, we are limited to the hot, hot summers for the next 6 years.

Have fun!

Strmchsr
08-06-2011, 07:47 AM
The week before Thanksgiving is definitely less crowded. The only thing you would miss out on is the CP and Epcot Holiday Storytellers don't start until after Thanksgiving.

As for the Christmas parade taping, it's the first weekend in December and not just one day. Usually goes Friday through Sunday.