PDA

View Full Version : Couple of questions

Unlimitedfun
08-05-2011, 06:27 PM
Hi! Hubby and I are going to Disney in November...and thanks to our super t.a. at CAA we were able to get free Disney Dining plan credited to our trip. YIPPEE! Now I have a few questions...1. Best way to get to Boardwalk from POFQ. We don't have a vehicle. 2. We have reservations for MK for Crystal Palace at 7:20 on a night I think is the MVMCP. Will I be allowed in to the park for that....or should I change the reservations? HELP! :mickey:

NJGIRL
08-05-2011, 06:31 PM
Hi! Hubby and I are going to Disney in November...and thanks to our super t.a. at CAA we were able to get free Disney Dining plan credited to our trip. YIPPEE! Now I have a few questions...1. Best way to get to Boardwalk from POFQ. We don't have a vehicle. 2. We have reservations for MK for Crystal Palace at 7:20 on a night I think is the MVMCP. Will I be allowed in to the park for that....or should I change the reservations? HELP! :mickey:

You will need tickets for the MVMCP to be able to get into the MK that night.

Strmchsr
08-05-2011, 06:51 PM
Right on as far as the ADR. That would be something you would need to change since it's after 7 pm which is when the party starts.

As for getting to Boardwalk from POFQ - you would have two options (well, 3 if you count taking a taxi) - take a bus to Epcot and walk through the International Gateway to Boardwalk or take a bus to DTD and then another bus to Boardwalk.

NY GOOFY
08-05-2011, 06:59 PM
I would disagree with the previous posters. I am pretty sure you can enter the park before park closing with your regular ticket. You can then just hang around and do some shopping until 7:20 ressie. They don't chase you out at 7pm, you just can't go on any attractions. Do others agree with this??

Strmchsr
08-05-2011, 08:15 PM
You can then just hang around and do some shopping until 7:20 ressie. They don't chase you out at 7pm, you just can't go on any attractions. Do others agree with this??

They have gotten a little stricter in the last year about people hanging out after the party starts at 7 if you don't have the wrist band. I have (surprisingly) heard a couple of people asked to leave. I think this is because if they didn't ask folks to leave then you could enjoy the special parade and fireworks without paying for it, which is hardly fair. The rides are not the attraction of the special parties, so they've been cracking down more on folks hanging around. I guess you could solve the problem by calling WDW Dining and asking the CM about the policy.

gerald72
08-05-2011, 08:16 PM
It sounds right to me. It's only 20 minutes. Crystal Palace is on the way out. It's not like the reservation is at 9:30.
But she wouldn't be allowed to enter after 7, which I think is what the question was.

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-05-2011, 08:31 PM
Maybe if they are already at the restaurant waiting to be called at 7pm but I wouldn't chance it, I would change the ADR or call to make sure first....

Pirate Granny
08-05-2011, 09:12 PM
I was told last year, and saw them watching at LTT...no wrist band, no ADR after 7pm...whether you were there early or not. I watched them round families up at Cosmic Rays who were bragging that they could stay and not pay....watch CM walk them out and actually follow them to the gate. Originally they Said they would go buy tickets...they walked out the gate when they realized the CM were going with them. Only fair...I agree...people stay and just don't do the rides. I liked it better when they shut the rides down, and everyone with a wrist band was told to wait in toontown and they cleared the park out.

NJGIRL
08-06-2011, 09:38 AM
I would disagree with the previous posters. I am pretty sure you can enter the park before park closing with your regular ticket. You can then just hang around and do some shopping until 7:20 ressie. They don't chase you out at 7pm, you just can't go on any attractions. Do others agree with this??

No, this is not correct. If you are already in the park they start giving out wrist bands around 4:00 -5:00. By 7:00 anyone without a wrist band is asked to leave. I have seen this happen and have seen CM walk people to the entrance. This is the only fair way to do it. Your regular tickets still allows you to enjoy the park for the whole day. In Oct the MK ususally closes around 7:00 anyway. If people were allowed to hang out after the party started that wouldn't be fair to the people who have paid for tickets.

Bucs300
08-06-2011, 11:35 AM
Well I noticed you said you have reservations on a night you think is MVMCP, here's the dates they are doing MVMCP per Disney's website if that helps you out any. :mickey:

November 8, 9, 11, 13, 15, 18, 27, 29, 30
December 2, 4, 6, 7, 9, 11, 13, 14, 16, 18

A Big Kid
08-06-2011, 11:45 AM
As for getting to Boardwalk from POFQ - you would have two options (well, 3 if you count taking a taxi) - take a bus to Epcot and walk through the International Gateway to Boardwalk or take a bus to DTD and then another bus to Boardwalk.

I think a better option would be taking a bus to the studios, then walking to the boardwalk. If you take a bus to Epcot, you need to walk from the bus stops, all the way through Future World and the World Showcase. And if you dont have a park hopper option and you havent visited that park earlier in the day, that could present as issue. Also, if you have a backpack or large purse, you'll have to go through the lines for having your bag checked.

Studios Bus stop to the Boardwalk is only about +-.75 miles. No ticket issues. No standing in lines to have your bag check and/or going through the turnstyles.

Unlimitedfun
08-06-2011, 05:54 PM
Thanks for all the posts...I changed the reservations ....then noticed that the party was on Sun...everything is good....
The advice about Boardwalk is well taken...we are room only on Sat. night...so may just go there....thanks all!!!
:mickey:

iceicebritney
08-06-2011, 07:35 PM
Your best bet is Taxi! Its not expensive and they are usually very prompt:thumbsup:

We head to the boardwalk a lot for our evening adventures and have found it's the only reliable way to get there, especially if you have a reservation somewhere like the Beach Club and need to be there at a particular time. W missed our reservation one year thanks to poor bus allotment at wilderness lodge and therefore we decided well never again take that chance!