PDA

View Full Version : Visiting the Boardwalk

wdwluv
08-05-2011, 05:05 PM
Can I park at the Boadwalk resort, if I don't have dining reservations? If I just want to ride a surrey bike, see the magicians and whatnot?

cuteduck223
08-05-2011, 05:09 PM
If you are a resort guest at any disney resort, you just have to tell the gatekeeper the reason for your visit!

Bucs300
08-05-2011, 05:15 PM
You can park at the Boardwalk without being a guest of any Disney hotel, living close by I've been to the Boardwalk many many times. Just tell the guard at the gate you're there to look around and eat at one of the restaurants and he will direct you to the visitor parking lot. :mickey:

greengeen
08-05-2011, 09:10 PM
During the Food & Wine Festival, they often restrict the parking at the Boardwalk - we have been turned away. Just a warning, in case you're going during that time of year.

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-05-2011, 09:14 PM
I was dropping DH off for his dinner with the Imagineer, and the guard was very strict about letting us in. He looked at our POFQ parking permit and required photo ID (which he actually took and looked at quite closely) before we could go in.

It took quite a few minutes longer than any of the other resorts ... I think I spend longer at the guard station than I actually did dropping DH off!

Bucs300
08-05-2011, 09:28 PM
That's odd Heather, I've never had a problem parking at the Boardwalk. The guard usually just directs me to the self parking lot which is across the street. Maybe it differs on how busy or full they are? :confused:

I usually drive around to all the resorts during Christmas time to see all the decorations and all the neat stuff they have in the resort lobbies. Disney really does go all out for Christmas!! I always just tell the guard I'm there to look around or have dinner and they always let me right in, or some have that overflow parking lot which is usually across the street or further away.

NJGIRL
08-06-2011, 09:45 AM
Where can you park if you want to spend the night walking the boardwalk or grabbing something to eat?

dinahvixen
08-06-2011, 10:05 AM
We wanted to see Coronado Springs once while we were vacationing in Orlando, but not WDW. We've stayed at POR before and wanted to check out another moderate resort. We just pulled up to the guard station and asked to see the resort and he directed us to a parking lot, no problem and this was during spring break.

Bucs300
08-06-2011, 11:00 AM
Where can you park if you want to spend the night walking the boardwalk or grabbing something to eat?

I just called The Boardwalk and asked about it just to make sure that hadn't changed anything recently. The lady at the desk told me if you would like to come visit the boardwalk just to eat or walk around just tell the man at the guard gate that and he will give you a free 3 hour parking pass and direct you to the proper parking area. :mickey:

As far as where the parking area is it's across the street from the resort. If you're coming down Buena Vista Dr. you have to turn onto Epcot Resorts Blvd., then instead of making the left into the main driveway for the boardwalk you turn right into a parking lot directly across the street from it. This is where the Self Parking lot is. So if you pull into the main driveway the guard will direct you back to that parking lot.