PDA

View Full Version : DDP credit usage ?

baileykelly
08-05-2011, 10:02 AM
Has anyone ever used a table service credit at a counter service location? We are going during free dining and don't want to eat at a TS restaurant every day, but don't want to go home with unused credits either.

gerald72
08-05-2011, 10:22 AM
Using a TS as a CS isn't much better than wasting it

Ms. Mode
08-05-2011, 10:27 AM
I don't think Disney will let you do that. Have you thought about going to a 2 credit TS instead? LeCellier is very nice for a meal, and our favorite is the Hollywood Brown Derby. :mickey:

tennantsrwe
08-05-2011, 12:49 PM
I think you are able to use a TS for a CS but ONLY if all your CS are already gone. Again I'm not 100% on this. I would call Disney Dining and ask them directly what their policy is. As others stated it really isn't economical to use your TS for a CS. I'd check out some of the Signature Dining restaurants/events and see if any of those interested me since they all take 2 TS credits. Have you considered doing the QS Dining instead and then paying for the TS meals out of pocket? Not sure how that would work out number wise but I'd look into it as well if I'm not fully taking advantage of the TS credits.

cuteduck223
08-05-2011, 01:15 PM
If you don't plan to eat TS, maybe free dining isn't the best deal you can get. It may be better to get a room discount and then pay OOP for meals. Free dining is great and all, but if you won't use it, its not that much of a deal!

Skippy
08-05-2011, 01:25 PM
Yes are are permitted to use a Table Service credit at a quick serve location.

Capt_redshirt
08-05-2011, 01:47 PM
If you are on the deluxe dinning plan it wont matter. if its the regular dinning plan there will be a list of how many ts points you have and qs points you have. The deluxe plan has just a bank of points so its 3 points a day times x days.

magicofdisney
08-05-2011, 02:06 PM
A couple of years ago we used 3 TS meals at a CS. I agree that it's a waste, so to speak, however it's better than not using them at all. I can't remember if my husband had to leave early or arrived late. Whichever it was, that's why we had extra. Additionally, for each TS we converted, we received an extra snack and some sort of token gift from the gift shop.

jonahbear2006
08-05-2011, 08:33 PM
My vote is for booking signature dining and using the double credits. If you have free dining this will actually save you a small bit of money bc you will have days you arent paying tip and the amount of money you spend on dinner at a signature isnt, in my experience, much higher sometimes not at all higher than a 1 credit TS. Then you can use your counter services on the days you arent having sit down meals. You will still have tons of food. I also suggest booking breakfast once or twice so that you are full all day long and then can follow up w a snack, that allows you to save your counter service for the days you dont have a ts booked.