PDA

View Full Version : Where to eat???

KAJUNKING
08-04-2011, 09:59 PM
Me and dw are going to the world in oct without the kids this is the first time in a long time we are going without free dining so we are only going to do one ts meal so the quetion is which one? We have narrowed it down to these.

ElenitaB
08-04-2011, 10:34 PM
As it's just the two of you and you're only planning one TS meal, I'd suggest Coral Reef for some nice couple time. The other restaurants you've picked are all fun, but some time with just each other might be nice.

lighteningqueen
08-05-2011, 02:32 AM
Honestly,none of them.

My choice Teppon Edo
Best steak and chicken combo or
Steak and shrimp combo

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-05-2011, 07:07 AM
Coral Reef is great, but if you've never done Hoop Dee Doo, I'd choose that.

DH and I have been just the two of us, and with DD, and had just as much fun both times.

It isn't a quiet, couple time meal like Coral Reef would be, but it is one of those Disney experiences you have to do at least once.

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-05-2011, 08:04 AM
If it was with the family I would definitely pick Ohana or HDDR, but if its just the two of you Coral Reef might be the best.

DisneyFr33k
08-05-2011, 08:17 AM
DH and I are talking about it over breakfast this morning. We feel none of those you've picked would be good for a couples meal. Le Cellier, Brown Derby or Mama Melrose would be our pick for a dinner together. So, if you aren't traveling with kids, do you want to be around kids? If you don't mind, Hoop Dee Doo is good --- all you can eat and drink (beer/wine) and the show is good too.

Just our :twocents:

iceicebritney
08-05-2011, 08:51 AM
Book a window table at O'hana around the MK fireworks, order a lapu lapu, sit back and enjoy each others company :mickey:

darthmacho
08-05-2011, 10:37 AM
I suggested San Angel Inn, and I'd also recommend that you ask for a table by the river if you are willing to wait for one.

I also recommend the mole poblano, and flan for dessert. I don't know if you always drink beer, but if you do, try the Dos Equis! :sombrero:

KAJUNKING
08-05-2011, 03:05 PM
Honestly,none of them.

My choice Teppon Edo
Best steak and chicken combo or
Steak and shrimp combo

we love teppan edo and have been there a few times, the only reason i didnt put it on my list is because we can get hibachi here and i think they are all pretty much the same

KAJUNKING
08-05-2011, 03:06 PM
I suggested San Angel Inn, and I'd also recommend that you ask for a table by the river if you are willing to wait for one.

I also recommend the mole poblano, and flan for dessert. I don't know if you always drink beer, but if you do, try the Dos Equis! :sombrero:

lol thats funny in february when i was there i was drinking a dos equis and i posted that quote on my facebook

LudwigVonDrake
08-17-2011, 07:23 PM
Of the choices you gave I would go with 'Ohana :tasty: :eat:

mydisneygirls
08-18-2011, 11:02 AM
If you want a fun time, Hoop-Dee-Doo. If not, I agree with getting a window table at Ohana in around the time the fireworks go off. I have read many review on Coral Reef and a lot weren't good. Hope you have a great time.

RAIDER
08-19-2011, 03:22 AM
I voted with the majority for Ohanna..You will love it ..Have a great time whatever restuarant you decide to choose :thumbsup:

Katzateer
08-19-2011, 08:02 AM
Everyone should go to the Hoop De Doo at least once in their WDW visits. It isn't something I would go to again ( been twice) but I think it is pure Disney fun and I feel some of Walt 's influence which is lost in a lot of WDW productions. and the food is good!

Tygger7
08-19-2011, 08:18 AM
I voted for HDD primarily because as others have said, it's something you need to do at least once. My 2 absolute favorites were not on your list: Yachtsman Steak House & Artist Point. We went to both on our last trip for our anniversary and they were fantastic. Very romantic setting, and the food was out of this world. Another suggestion would be Rose & Crown...we just love the atmosphere and watching Illuminations over dessert can't be beat. :thumbsup: