PDA

View Full Version : Haunted Carriage Rides

Imalismom
08-04-2011, 07:00 PM
Has anyone done this? If so - what was your thoughts on it?

Haunted Carriage Rides at Fort Wilderness
During the month of October, Fort Wilderness offers 25-minute Haunted Carriage Rides featuring a recorded story based on the classic Washington Irving story "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow" with Ichabod Crane and the Headless Horseman.

The cost is $60 per carriage. (Each carriage can accommodate up to 4 adults, or 2 adults plus up to 3 children 9 and under.)

buzznwoodysmom
08-04-2011, 08:57 PM
We did this last year and loved it. We did it the night before Halloween. Before the trip we had watched the movie "Sleepy Hollow" to get us familiar with the story. My boys, 10 and 8 at the time, were a bit scared, but "just enough" for it to be fun, and they've talked about it ever since. If you have younger kids it might be a tad bit too scary. My kids don't get scared of much and they were definitely a bit frightened, but all in good fun. Its a great addition to a fall/halloween trip!

BugeyedMuggy
08-05-2011, 09:39 AM
We had lots of fun. One suggestion is not to book the time during Electrical Water Pagent (9PM) as the noise takes away from your experience.

iceicebritney
08-05-2011, 09:44 AM
We did not do a haunted ride, but we booked a regular carriage ride at FW last fall. It was very romantic. We ordered a bottle of champagne along with our ride also. Our carriage driver was very knowledgable about FW and even took us over to see river country where we got out and looked around a bit To reminise about our first days as kids in the old swimming hole:mickey:

I definitely recommend a carriage ride. It was a really nice treat and affordable. A haunted one sounds even more exciting:thumbsup:

epceddie
08-08-2011, 04:13 PM
We did this on our honeymoon and the night we went there was a full moon, which really set a great tone.
The ride takes you through the woods, you listen to a tape of the Legend of Sleepy Hollow and it was a lot of fun.
We brought along some apple cider to drink and it had a real Halloween feel to it. We would love to do this again sometime.

BugeyedMuggy
08-10-2011, 09:52 AM
This was posted in Theme Parks and the thread was closed without an answer.

"Hello! I know this isn't quite a park question or an accomodation question so I'm going to post here, move if you need to!

I was wondering if anyone had two cents about the Haunted Carriage at FW? I'm considering trying to book and am quite interested!

Also, if we were to catch the 1030 slot, would there be anyway to get back to POP using WDW transport if all the parks are closed that night by 9 or is it pretty much time to hail a cab? Any true experts know how much the cab would be? Any help is appreciated! Thanks"

ANSWER: You will probly need to take a cab. It will cost around $25 dollars w/tip.

Cinderelley
08-10-2011, 05:05 PM
The Haunted Carriage Ride was awesome.

When we did it last year, they said they were moving it somewhere else this year. If they don't, you can find out when the buses for the last Hoop Dee Doo show are running to see if you can take them back to your hotel.