PDA

View Full Version : Contemporary Vs. Beach

Airblue1
08-04-2011, 05:05 PM
Taking a one yr old, nunni, papa, mom and myself.
Asking what you guys think about the hotels. Mostly for convenience for the entire party.
Contemp- Walking distance to MK, Monorail, food.
Beach- Boardwalk, walking to epcot,
Which route would you guys suggest as far as taking the family?
Thanks a million
-Cheers!

cuteduck223
08-04-2011, 05:26 PM
i would say that your best best is probably CR, because of the ease of access to MK and Epcot via monorail. Beach is beautiful, but is a lot of walking if you plan to walk. (there is boat transportation to epcot and HS which is a plus). How much are you going to want to walk after walking all day?

SBETigg
08-04-2011, 06:58 PM
I would choose the Contemporary, but you can't go wrong. If you really love Epcot/DHS, the Beach Club is a great location, too. There's just something about being close to the Magic Kingdom and hearing the sounds/watching the fireworks and Electric Water Pageant from my resort that seems so magical. I love the monorail resorts.

BrerGnat
08-04-2011, 07:07 PM
The baby is one. Pick a resort that the adults will enjoy more. Beach Club. Plenty to do in walking distance, nice location with excellent dining options, and a more elaborately themed area. Walks around the lake are fun, and make for a great wind down for the little one. Easy bus ride to MK and pleasant walks or boat ride to Epcot and DHS. Plus, the amazing pool with shallow sandy area is perfect for toddlers. Save CR for when the kid is older and has a genuine interest in the MK.

Pirate Granny
08-04-2011, 08:13 PM
I agree with BrerGnat...go for the Beach Club, she love playing in the sand and the pool.

Airblue1
08-04-2011, 10:07 PM
Exactally my thoughts. It's great to be close to the MK huge draw, however there are more dining options for beach. It's such a tough decision. Both price out about the same.