PDA

View Full Version : Very Nervous about embarking

waymickey
08-04-2011, 04:50 PM
I was just at the port website to get directions. We are driving to the port and I wanted to make sure we know where to go. I happen to see a picture of what it looks like before you even get into the terminal. LOTS OF People in a double line that seems to go on forever. Is this the case always??? (I wish I could post the picture but I don't know how.)

We have not cruised since 2006 and back then we pretty much walked right up and into the terminal no lines at all. We got ont he ship maybe an hour later.

LorrieP
08-04-2011, 05:39 PM
We went in May and used DCL transportation from our resort. We didn't arrive at the Port until around 1 and the lines were long, but we were on the ship in plenty of time. The lines really move very fast!

I wouldn't stress over it!! Have an awesome time!

chrim
08-20-2011, 12:19 AM
The following relates to Port Canaveral (in FL) only:

Just a quick comment. To get to the pier for the DCL ships, I think you have to drive past the ship, turn right, and then sort of double back (while still in your car). I arrived on a bus, and the situation might be slightly different if you are driving your own car to the port run parking garage, but I think you still have to drive past the ship before you can turn in.

I just don't want you to get in a panic when you see the ship but can't figure out how to get to it without driving by. :blush:

Also, showing up at 1:30 or later might help you avoid the longest lines, just do try to be there by around 3:00pm (for a 5 pm departure).

Mousemates
08-20-2011, 09:41 AM
just give yourself plenty of time...the signage around the area makes getting where you need to go very easy. We were newbies back in June and had no problems at all.

joonyer
08-20-2011, 12:14 PM
Don't worry about the long lines. They won't leave without you. Boarding really goes pretty quick and easy. Sign everywhere and crew/cast members in the parking lots will answer your questions and give you directions. They make it easy.

Christine
08-21-2011, 02:13 PM
We arrived at 10:30-11 when we cruised the Dream in march. Plenty of time, no long lines. Sat and took pictures of the model and then the characters came out. We boarded in an early group. Cabins are not
Ready and are blocked off, but we jut went to the buffet with our day bags. It was lovely!

waymickey
08-25-2011, 03:01 PM
HI everyone I embarked with no problems. We got there around 11:30 got boarding number 16 and we were riding the Aqua duck by 1:00! It was quick and easy. Thanks everyone!

Christine
08-25-2011, 04:18 PM
Wonderful!!! So glad it worked out for you!!!