PDA

View Full Version : In General...

disneycutie165
08-04-2011, 03:34 PM
Which Disney villains appear for MNSSHP. The last time I went I didn't pay much attention to the villains, but can anone give me a general list of the villains that come out? My specifics are:
1)Dr. Facilier
2)Jafar
3)Hades
4)Big Bad Wolf
5)Frollo

Those are my top five but can someone please name all of the villains and where they may be?

asianway
08-04-2011, 07:59 PM
Which Disney villains appear for MNSSHP. The last time I went I didn't pay much attention to the villains, but can anone give me a general list of the villains that come out? My specifics are:
1)Dr. Facilier
2)Jafar
3)Hades
4)Big Bad Wolf
5)Frollo

Those are my top five but can someone please name all of the villains and where they may be?

In 2010 it was:
Mix n Mingle
Cruella
Snow Queen
Maleficent
Captain Hook(he wears a special jacket here, FYI)
Jafar
Dr Facilier
Queen of Hearts

Adventureland
Captain Hook
Mr Smee

Fantasyland
Queen of Hearts
Tremaines
Old Hag

Parade only
Pain
Panic
Frollo
Sheriff of Nottingham
Big Bad Wolf
Barbossa

I think thats everyone

disneycutie165
08-04-2011, 10:15 PM
Oh ok thanks! so no Hades?

Greenlawler
08-04-2011, 10:38 PM
Oh ok thanks! so no Hades?

No as far as I know Hades has only been in a couple of parades and was available for Meet n Greet during the Disney Marathons in 2007 and 2008.

Frollo was actually the villain Dr. Facilier replaced....probably gone for good, unless he appears at a marathon, or for training.

Big Bad Wolf was last seen at MNSSHP in 2004, I think. He has been around at DL's Halloween Time event. There is a decent chance of him coming back someday to the parks because of his "classic" status.

The problem is that the Villians Mix and Mingle is recorded and Disney has not updated it since 2005. The villains on stage have to "lip sync". So you have the voices of Malificent, Hook, Cruella, Jafar. Snow Queen is not going anywhere because of her iconic status. This leaves us with Queen of Hearts and Dr. Facilier. Dr. Facilier was just added so he is probably safe, and Queen of Hearts is already there since she is in the Alice area. Of course the Alice area is gone so there may just be a new villain in the show. I don't think they would add any since the front area of the castle is small. And so many people gather there to watch the fireworks and the parades.
I know many of us have ralied on this for years but they really should have more rare characters out for these events.....last years MVMCP was very dissapointing as far as new characters go. At least they maybe adding one or two.

disneycutie165
08-05-2011, 09:49 AM
Yes I absolutely agree! It's a special time of year and I don't see why they can't add some of the charactrs that aren't around anymore. There's nothing like classic villains especially around Halloween! Oh well, hopefully the few they may be adding will be good ones!

asianway
08-05-2011, 09:38 PM
Hades was at the DL parties last year that's probably where you heard it

Hog
08-07-2011, 07:20 PM
What is the Mix n' Mingle? Can you take pictures with the characters or is it a show?

Greenlawler
08-07-2011, 11:03 PM
What is the Mix n' Mingle? Can you take pictures with the characters or is it a show?

It is both....there is a brief show followed by the villains coming to the front of the castle to do pics. Depending on the crowd at the party the lines form quickly and can get long. In order to save time the villains will not sign.

Villains0501
08-07-2011, 11:39 PM
No as far as I know Hades has only been in a couple of parades and was available for Meet n Greet during the Disney Marathons in 2007 and 2008.

Frollo was actually the villain Dr. Facilier replaced....probably gone for good, unless he appears at a marathon, or for training.

Big Bad Wolf was last seen at MNSSHP in 2004, I think. He has been around at DL's Halloween Time event. There is a decent chance of him coming back someday to the parks because of his "classic" status.

The problem is that the Villians Mix and Mingle is recorded and Disney has not updated it since 2005. The villains on stage have to "lip sync". So you have the voices of Malificent, Hook, Cruella, Jafar. Snow Queen is not going anywhere because of her iconic status. This leaves us with Queen of Hearts and Dr. Facilier. Dr. Facilier was just added so he is probably safe, and Queen of Hearts is already there since she is in the Alice area. Of course the Alice area is gone so there may just be a new villain in the show. I don't think they would add any since the front area of the castle is small. And so many people gather there to watch the fireworks and the parades.
I know many of us have ralied on this for years but they really should have more rare characters out for these events.....last years MVMCP was very dissapointing as far as new characters go. At least they maybe adding one or two.

Actually, it's only the voices of Maleficent and Hook that appear. All the other villains "lip sync" but have no vocal solos. It seem that all of the villains beside Frollo/Facilier are safe for the time being. Cruella, Jafar, the Snow Queen, and the Queen of Hearts are all extremely popular. The Queen of Hearts is especially safe considering the fact that the new Tim Burton film was so successful, and Disney still wants to milk that film's success. From the start I knew that Frollo was always in danger. He is my absolute favorite so I was always first in line to meet him, but every time I met him I was practically the only one. Compared to the Snow Queen or the Queen of Hearts, whose lines went practically to the center of the Hub, Frollo was definitely lacking numbers. Similarly, Facilier has yet to gain the iconic status of Jafar which means that he could easily be next. I could see him replaced by Gaston, Hades, Shan Yu, or the Big Bad Wolf in the coming years. I doubt Stromboli will make an appearance, seeing as he is in the same boat as Frollo (i.e. forever know as 'that bad guy from that film I can't remember'). On a side note, I was always hoping that they would switch out villains between shows. It becomes very tedious seeing the same show after a while simply so that you can meet the characters you were unable to meet at the previous showing due to time constraints. I always hoped that the Old Hag would appear in every other show instead of the Snow Queen. Ah well, at least she now meets in Fantasyland. Goodness! This is the longest post I think I've ever posted here. I have just been following Mix and Mingle news for awhile.

disneycutie165
08-08-2011, 12:24 PM
Wow that was long but very helpful thank you! So you're saying that Frollo and Stromboli probably won't be back? And I have to agree with you- Frollo definately tops my list of favorite villains. I'm just disappointed that the year I decide I want to hunt for villains most of my favorites are gone- I don't have much interest in seeing the Queen of Hearts or Cruella because I feel like I have seen them several times. And I hope Dr. Facilier sticks arund- he is my all-time favorite- at least for this halloween so I can see him once. But I feel like his status may increase. But thank you so much that paragraph was helpful! And I have to ask what is your opinion in Hades? Can you see him coming back or is he pretty much done for?

Villains0501
08-08-2011, 10:47 PM
I'm so happy someone else likes Frollo. He is such an under-rated villain from an equally under-rated film. I heard rumors that Facilier was being replaced by Gaston at this year's MNSSHP. I think Disney wants to test Gaston's popularity with crowds to see if making him a permanent character addition to Fantasyland at Gaston's Tavern would be a lucrative move.

About Hades, I personally never thought that he would appear in Mix and Mingle. I think his costume simply wouldn't allow it. It's big, bulky, and hard to move, let alone dance, in. In parades, he was always seated and never forced to walk the parade route. I think further evidence of this fact can be found in the fact that Hades wasn't in Mix and Mingle to begin with. Hades is arguably more recognizable and popular than Frollo, which is why it wouldn't make sense for Disney not to have put him in the show to begin with, unless, of course, his costume wouldn't allow it. Outside of basic meet-and-greets, I don't think Hades will be making an appearance. I really hope, though, that Disney brings back some of the bad "guys" this year (i.e. Ratcliffe, Stromboli, Foulfellow, Big Bad Wolf, Shan Yu, and Frollo). It's always such a treat to see some of the rarer characters out and about, especially when they're villains!

Greenlawler
08-09-2011, 12:33 AM
Actually, it's only the voices of Maleficent and Hook that appear. All the other villains "lip sync" but have no vocal solos. It seem that all of the villains beside Frollo/Facilier are safe for the time being. Cruella, Jafar, the Snow Queen, and the Queen of Hearts are all extremely popular. The Queen of Hearts is especially safe considering the fact that the new Tim Burton film was so successful, and Disney still wants to milk that film's success. From the start I knew that Frollo was always in danger. He is my absolute favorite so I was always first in line to meet him, but every time I met him I was practically the only one. Compared to the Snow Queen or the Queen of Hearts, whose lines went practically to the center of the Hub, Frollo was definitely lacking numbers. Similarly, Facilier has yet to gain the iconic status of Jafar which means that he could easily be next. I could see him replaced by Gaston, Hades, Shan Yu, or the Big Bad Wolf in the coming years. I doubt Stromboli will make an appearance, seeing as he is in the same boat as Frollo (i.e. forever know as 'that bad guy from that film I can't remember'). On a side note, I was always hoping that they would switch out villains between shows. It becomes very tedious seeing the same show after a while simply so that you can meet the characters you were unable to meet at the previous showing due to time constraints. I always hoped that the Old Hag would appear in every other show instead of the Snow Queen. Ah well, at least she now meets in Fantasyland. Goodness! This is the longest post I think I've ever posted here. I have just been following Mix and Mingle news for awhile.

Good review I stand corrected....I was certain Jafar and Cruella said something in the show but you are right. I must have been thinking about the fireworks where I think they do have a part.
Someone associated with the show has posted somewhere else that Gaston is not replacing Facilier and that the cast is the same as last year. AS far as your theory about Gaston I think you maybe dead on. I have heard that he will be appearing in front of his new home when the refurb is done.
Unless they have replaced them, and I seem to recall that maybe they had, Stromboli did march in the MNSSHP parade for years. He also used to be a character that would appear during training from time to time. I can remember seeing him several times from like 2007-2009.
Fowlfellow has also been in the parade. I never thought Fowlfellow was that rare of a character. We used to see him every year multiple times, in the early 2000's he had a spot in Town Square. After that we saw him either at the "teardrop" or various other places like the old "Fantasmic meet n greet" by the hat. He used to be relatively easy to find....but over the last couple of years he has been more uncommon to be sure.

disneycutie165
08-09-2011, 11:06 AM
I'm so happy someone else likes Frollo. He is such an under-rated villain from an equally under-rated film. I heard rumors that Facilier was being replaced by Gaston at this year's MNSSHP. I think Disney wants to test Gaston's popularity with crowds to see if making him a permanent character addition to Fantasyland at Gaston's Tavern would be a lucrative move.

About Hades, I personally never thought that he would appear in Mix and Mingle. I think his costume simply wouldn't allow it. It's big, bulky, and hard to move, let alone dance, in. In parades, he was always seated and never forced to walk the parade route. I think further evidence of this fact can be found in the fact that Hades wasn't in Mix and Mingle to begin with. Hades is arguably more recognizable and popular than Frollo, which is why it wouldn't make sense for Disney not to have put him in the show to begin with, unless, of course, his costume wouldn't allow it. Outside of basic meet-and-greets, I don't think Hades will be making an appearance. I really hope, though, that Disney brings back some of the bad "guys" this year (i.e. Ratcliffe, Stromboli, Foulfellow, Big Bad Wolf, Shan Yu, and Frollo). It's always such a treat to see some of the rarer characters out and about, especially when they're villains!

I have to agree with you again- not many people like Frollo and Hunchback was veryyy underated. I just watched it the other night and was thinking "why did this not get better reviews than it did". But of course its always good to find someone who likes villains just as much as you do. I do loveeeee Facilier, and Greenlawler I'm glad to hear the rumors about Facilier cleared up- he is my favorite and i really want to see him. I do also love Gaston, and in my opinion, if he has his own tavern in Fantasyland, he should alreday be out there! I don't think they need to test his popularity- I don't think people have seen him for a while and it would be a pleasant surprise. I also remember going to MNSSHP IN '05 and Hades was out for meet and greets- I didn't see him, because at the time I didn't care much for villains. But I do think it's rather strange that they deny the park one of Disney's most classic villains- he should at least be out for meet and greets. I would also love to see Stromboli back in the mix- he is classic, even if he isn't that popular. And I must ask has Shan Yu appeared in MNSSHP before?

Villains0501
08-09-2011, 08:10 PM
I think the Boo-To-You parade always has a varied mix of villains. I remember when I first saw the parade in 2002, every villain basically had their own float. Cruella, Horace, and Jasper drove around a purple van that was made to look like it came from the pound. It had bars along the sides and real life Dalmation puppies looking out at guests. The Old Had had a cool looking float that featured the freaky-eyed trees from the movie/ride. In the center of the float was her cauldron, and she would 'dip the apple in the brew', so to speak. Then came Hades. His float featured him at the top with Pain and Panic on the sides and Meg around the back. After him came Hook and Maleficent on the Disney Villain float that now starts the parade. The small one with the big Disney Villain sign and the Magic Mirror. They were at the top of the float, and the Big Bad Wolf and the Queen of Hearts were at the bottom, both playing guitars. It was pretty awesome. Now, however, the parade has definitely declined in quality. There are only two villain floats now, and the larger of the two is simply the recycled float from the old daytime parade. Most of the villains generally walk in between the two floats. Normally, the villains walking in the parade are Stromboli, Foulfellow, Frollo, the Sherrif of Nottingham, the Snow Queen, Cruella, the Queen of Hearts, the Big Bad Wolf, and maybe Facilier. I can't remember all of them. I don't believe Shan-Yu appears, though. On the float itself are Jafar and Maleficent (in her Halloween Costume) with Ursula on the back. Sometimes though, Ursula is replaced by the Snow Queen. Hope that helps!

disneycutie165
08-09-2011, 08:53 PM
YES that helps a lot! Thanks so much for the help I'm a HUGE Disney villain junkie and I'm trying to make sure I get to see as many as I can this trp- its a shame that some of the classic and best villains don't appear anymore lik Stromboli, Hades, etc. I think Shan-Yu would be a pretty awesome addition- he would be so rare in fact that I think that his line would be long. But I have seen pics of him from Disneyland Paris and he doesn't look very kid friendly. It makes me sad to see such good villains not be part of the excitement!:(

Greenlawler
08-09-2011, 10:13 PM
dineycutie, the best way to meet all these villains is to start running. Just from my memory over the last four marathons...

Hades- 2007-2008
Shan-Yu- 2011
Frollo- 2007-2010
Ratcliffe- 2008-2009
Prince John-2007-2010
Sheriff of Nottingham 2007-2010
Stromboli- 2011
Fowlfellow- 2009- 2011
Gideon- 2009-2011
etc....

disneycutie165
08-10-2011, 10:26 AM
It looks like thats what I'll have to do! Was Shan Yu at WDW?

Greenlawler
08-10-2011, 02:54 PM
It looks like thats what I'll have to do! Was Shan Yu at WDW?

Epcot standing in front of China Pavillion, rotating every twenty minutes with Mulan and Mushu.

disneycutie165
08-10-2011, 04:01 PM
Oh ok thats good! I had heard that he only appeared in Disneyland Paris, but I'm glad he's at WDW now!

asianway
08-10-2011, 07:42 PM
dineycutie, the best way to meet all these villains is to start running. Just from my memory over the last four marathons...

Hades- 2007-2008
Shan-Yu- 2011
Frollo- 2007-2010
Ratcliffe- 2008-2009
Prince John-2007-2010
Sheriff of Nottingham 2007-2010
Stromboli- 2011
Fowlfellow- 2009- 2011
Gideon- 2009-2011
etc....

Or go to Disneyland during Halloweentime-We saw every one on this list except Prince John and Stromboli last October.

We also heard Don Karnage was spotted last year at DL, but we missed him...and Bowler Hat Guy was there in 09.

Greenlawler
08-10-2011, 10:47 PM
Or go to Disneyland during Halloweentime-We saw every one on this list except Prince John and Stromboli last October.

We also heard Don Karnage was spotted last year at DL, but we missed him...and Bowler Hat Guy was there in 09.

We did this in '09 primarily to see Shan-Yu, and would'nt you know it, he did not appear that Halloween season. We did see Don Karnage which was a nice add.

disneycutie165
08-10-2011, 11:18 PM
I actually got to see all the Robin Hood characters at the same time one morning- they were all spread out near the entrance of MK- I saw Robin Hood, Prince John, the Sheriff of Nottingham, and Friar Tuck. Little did I know then that they would soon be retired from the park. That's why I'm trying to see all these villains- especially the newer additions like Shan-Yu and Dr. Facilier- because before you know it they'll be gone!

Villains0501
08-11-2011, 12:49 AM
Oh ok thats good! I had heard that he only appeared in Disneyland Paris, but I'm glad he's at WDW now!

I think, and I'm not entirely sure on this, but every park has at least one copy of every costume. I don't think Disney ever limits a character to only one park. I think this is probably because most of the costumes are tied to movies that Disney wishes to promote, and it wouldn't make marketable sense to only put a character out in one park. I know that WDW had a Shan-Yu costume from the get-go, seeing as he was in Cinderella's Surprise Celebration (arguably the best Castle castle ever) back in the early 2000's. Now it is very possible that one character will end up making more frequent appearances at one specific park. For example, Cruella makes daily appearances at Disneyland, but she is hardly ever seen at WDW apart from MNSSHP. Furthermore, costumes themselves can vary between parks. The Old Hag, for instance, is a face character in Disneyland Paris but is a fur character here in the States, at both WDW and Disneyland. Overall, though, there will never be one character made exclusively available at one park! :mickey:

disneycutie165
08-11-2011, 01:26 PM
That's good to hear. I was going to say it doesn't make very much sense to just have characters restricted to one park... as much as I want to see Shan-Yu he is definately hard on the eys from the pics I've seen! We'll see what happens when I get to see him ;)

Villains0501
08-11-2011, 08:25 PM
Good luck with your Villain hunting! I probably can't attend this year's MNSSHP, but I will be still be keeping my ears open about any changes. I heard from another Disney forum that this may be the last year for Mix and Mingle. I think Disney is testing the waters on whether Gaston's Tavern could be a nice, niche spot for Villains. Perhaps Villains will take over the Tavern for the Halloween Season when it opens. It would make sense seeing as the restaurant is named after one of Disney's most loathesome villains.

disneycutie165
08-11-2011, 10:08 PM
That is what I was thinking- I mean, if he's going to have a tavern named after him, why NOT have him in the park? And the tavern may also become a good villain hang out. And thanks! I will definately post a trip report and also report any changes made to MNSSHP. I doubt there will be very many in just a years' time but with Disney you just never know! Now, I must also ask this: is Dr. Facilier a regular in MK now? I've heard about Tiana's Showboat Jubilee, and wasn't sure if he made regular appearances now because of that show- let's just say I have a little crush on Dr. Facilier :blush::D

Villains0501
08-12-2011, 12:40 AM
The Showboat Jubilee no longer plays at Magic Kingdom. It was only used as a promotional tool for the film. Apart from perhaps the marathons, the only place to meet Facilier is at MNSSHP. I don't understand what they do with the performers for the rest of the year. As Facilier is only out for a small portion of the year, what does his "friend" do the rest of the year? Does he "be-friend" other characters?

disneycutie165
08-12-2011, 09:11 AM
Haha he probably does! And I also don't understand that- why restrict a character to only one time of the year. Princess and the Frog is fairly new (as well as Tangled) and I feel like they should all be regulars in the park by now. Are there any other villain hotspots besides MNSSHP?

Villains0501
08-12-2011, 12:33 PM
There are a few, but you must be very lucky with most. At the Magic of Disney Animation Building at DHS, a mix of characters come out every evening around 4:30. I think it's unofficially called the "Fantasmic Meet and Greet" because the most characters come out on nights when Fantasmic isn't playing. I think it's a way to substitute for the limited Fantasmic showings. Anyway, there are a few villains who appear there but it's mainly just Captain Hook and Jafar. The Snow Queen is sometimes there as is the Queen of Hearts, but you can pretty much bet on Hook being there every single night. I went to these meet-and-greets for a whole week, and not once did I see any villain besides Hook. It seems they moved him from his regular spot in Adventureland just so that he could become a regular at DHS! He's not even in Fantasmic!

You can catch the Tremaine family (Cinderella's Stepmother and Stepsisters) at MK near Tink's Treasures in Fantasyland on most mornings. However, I would recommend going early seeing as your best shot with them is right at park opening. They're really funny! The best character interactions that I've had are definitely with them!

At the International Gateway in EPCOT you can see a few villains in training. New "friends" of Maleficent, the Snow Queen, King Louis, and the Tremaine Family have been spotted there. I, personally, have seen Maleficent, King Louis, and the Tremaines there, and I consider myself extremely lucky to see them due to the fact that those meet-and-greets are entirely random. There is absolutely no way to predict who will come out and when. Similarly, over by the Character Spot in Future World I know some people have seen a few villains. I have seen the Queen of Hearts over there, and someone else said that they once saw Prince John. There's another spot in between Canada and England, I think, which is like a pavilion area; they usually hold Pin Events there. At this area they have a few random meet-and-greets throughout the week, but the only two villains I've read about appearing there were Jafar and Hook. I hope this very long post helps!

disneycutie165
08-17-2011, 03:49 PM
Trust me, it does help! I've always been really into seeing characters but this year I definately want to make a record from our previous trips. I think the best thing to do id try not to find them and we usually find them- when we went in '03 we saw numerous characters that are now retired or rarely seen like Gov. Ratcliffe, and we saw all of the Robin Hood characters (we didn't know how lucky we were on this 1!). I'm hoping there will be plenty of characters at MNSSHP!

Greenlawler
08-17-2011, 11:38 PM
Trust me, it does help! I've always been really into seeing characters but this year I definately want to make a record from our previous trips. I think the best thing to do id try not to find them and we usually find them- when we went in '03 we saw numerous characters that are now retired or rarely seen like Gov. Ratcliffe, and we saw all of the Robin Hood characters (we didn't know how lucky we were on this 1!). I'm hoping there will be plenty of characters at MNSSHP!

When you say all of the Robin Hood characters are you including Little John and Maid Mariam?

disneycutie165
08-18-2011, 11:32 AM
Yes- I had seen Little John on a previous trip and saw Maid Marian along with Robin Hood, Prince John, the Sheriff, and Friar Tuck on the same day.... pretty lucky ;)

Greenlawler
08-18-2011, 12:01 PM
Yes- I had seen Little John on a previous trip and saw Maid Marian along with Robin Hood, Prince John, the Sheriff, and Friar Tuck on the same day.... pretty lucky ;)

Holy cow that is lucky. I would say Maid Marian is by far the rarest character I have heard of recently. I had no idea she was out as late as 2003.

disneycutie165
08-18-2011, 05:43 PM
I know I had no idea how lucky I was that year, and actually didn't know until a while ago when I heard someone on here say they were rare! But I've got autographs from all of them! That trip was really lucky for us because we saw Suzy (one of the mice from Cinderella), Gov. Ratcliffe, the two bears from Brother Bear (the names escape me, and I'm not sure if they are considered "rare"), Meg and Hercules, Sully and Mike, Kermit and Miss Piggy, and Peter Pan also told us his version of the 3 little pigs, which didn't make much sense and everyone in the line behind us was fuming. If only I could be so lucky to see such rare characters again!

Greenlawler
08-18-2011, 10:39 PM
I know I had no idea how lucky I was that year, and actually didn't know until a while ago when I heard someone on here say they were rare! But I've got autographs from all of them! That trip was really lucky for us because we saw Suzy (one of the mice from Cinderella), Gov. Ratcliffe, the two bears from Brother Bear (the names escape me, and I'm not sure if they are considered "rare"), Meg and Hercules, Sully and Mike, Kermit and Miss Piggy, and Peter Pan also told us his version of the 3 little pigs, which didn't make much sense and everyone in the line behind us was fuming. If only I could be so lucky to see such rare characters again!

Kenai and Koda are a little more rare now because they have not been regular for a while. They still do sets at Disney's California Adventure but they do not sign. Meg and Herc are certainly rare as are Kermit and Piggy. Rumor is that you will never see "full sized" Muppets again. But like I said...Maid Mariam was the real find. My family and I started character angling in 04. That year we ran into Herc, Meg, Phil, Kuzco, when the old "Fantasmic Meet n Greet was up at the front of MGM. Of course none of those characters are still around, except for Meg on the boat from time to time. In the short time we have been angling I just think about all the characters that used to be regular as recently as 04 that you can hardly find anymore....
Dug, Carl, Mr Fredrickson, Bolt, Rhino, Mittens
Chicken Little, Abby Mallard, Louis, Wilbur, Bowler Hat Guy, Fowlfellow, Gideon, Geppetto, Stanley, Brer Fox, Dopey, and many others.

Of course they have replaced them with other characters for the most part, but it does not give me much hope that characters from movies like Atlantis, Treasure Planet, and etc...., will ever come back

disneycutie165
08-19-2011, 09:28 AM
Kenai and Koda are a little more rare now because they have not been regular for a while. They still do sets at Disney's California Adventure but they do not sign. Meg and Herc are certainly rare as are Kermit and Piggy. Rumor is that you will never see "full sized" Muppets again. But like I said...Maid Mariam was the real find. My family and I started character angling in 04. That year we ran into Herc, Meg, Phil, Kuzco, when the old "Fantasmic Meet n Greet was up at the front of MGM. Of course none of those characters are still around, except for Meg on the boat from time to time. In the short time we have been angling I just think about all the characters that used to be regular as recently as 04 that you can hardly find anymore....
Dug, Carl, Mr Fredrickson, Bolt, Rhino, Mittens
Chicken Little, Abby Mallard, Louis, Wilbur, Bowler Hat Guy, Fowlfellow, Gideon, Geppetto, Stanley, Brer Fox, Dopey, and many others.

Of course they have replaced them with other characters for the most part, but it does not give me much hope that characters from movies like Atlantis, Treasure Planet, and etc...., will ever come back

The majority of the characters that trip we simply stumbled upon. We weren't trying to look for them- we had just found them all. We happened to be walking in DHS and noticed Kermit and Piggy. We did the same thing with ChickenLittle and Abby Mallard. Of course, that was the year the movie was about to come out or had just come out (can't remember).
From your list of characters I have actually seen most of them. I've seen Chicken Little and Abby, Louis, Fowlfellow, Gideon, Geppeto and Br'er Fox. And of course all these characters we simply just found. We weren't really looking for characters that trip, we just found them. Maid Mariam was actually out 2 times that trip. We saw all of the RH characters in MK right at park opening, with no lines at all. But Maid Mariam did have quite a line. We saw them all again in DHs a few days later. Now I know how lucky we were!
As for the characters from Treasure Planet, etc., I had no idea they even had them at one point! They would have been incredible to see because it seems like finding them you would just know that they will be rare because these were a few of the lesser mentioned Disney movies (though I loved Treasure Planet, Atlantis... not so much). I'm interested to know have you ever seen them? And which do you think are the most rare characters you've seen?

Greenlawler
08-19-2011, 12:51 PM
The majority of the characters that trip we simply stumbled upon. We weren't trying to look for them- we had just found them all. We happened to be walking in DHS and noticed Kermit and Piggy. We did the same thing with ChickenLittle and Abby Mallard. Of course, that was the year the movie was about to come out or had just come out (can't remember).
From your list of characters I have actually seen most of them. I've seen Chicken Little and Abby, Louis, Fowlfellow, Gideon, Geppeto and Br'er Fox. And of course all these characters we simply just found. We weren't really looking for characters that trip, we just found them. Maid Mariam was actually out 2 times that trip. We saw all of the RH characters in MK right at park opening, with no lines at all. But Maid Mariam did have quite a line. We saw them all again in DHs a few days later. Now I know how lucky we were!
As for the characters from Treasure Planet, etc., I had no idea they even had them at one point! They would have been incredible to see because it seems like finding them you would just know that they will be rare because these were a few of the lesser mentioned Disney movies (though I loved Treasure Planet, Atlantis... not so much). I'm interested to know have you ever seen them? And which do you think are the most rare characters you've seen?

Well the most rare character I have ever seen as in stumbled upon would probably be Kuzco. He really only appeared a few times before he dissapeared. We have meet lots of rare characters. But there is a difference between "meeting" and "running into". We have met lots and lots of very rare characters (I posted my list on the rare character thread), but we have rarely just stumbled upon them. Phil, Launcpad....we ran into them with no prior "arrangements". I also run the marathon every year so on the course I have met like Zorro, Hades, Shan Yu, etc...
I have never seen the Atlantis or Treasure Planet Crews, most films have characters. Even films like... Great Mouse Detective, Oliver, etc....although I don't think they ever produced characters for "Home On The Range". Those characters usually dissapear after their movies have been out a while. I have seen pictures of some very rare characters including the Rhino's from Robin Hood, Dumbo, Rattigan etc...

disneycutie165
08-19-2011, 01:00 PM
Wow, now seeing the Rhinos or Dumbo would really be special! I didn't even know they existed in the parks!