PDA

View Full Version : New Coke Freestyle Machines

Bucs300
08-04-2011, 12:28 PM
I just read an article about these new self serve soda dispensing machines that can produce over 100 different sodas. Coke has already installed a few of them in the rival park down the street (Universal) as a test I guess. Here's what the article said, seems like an interesting concept to me, hopefully we see these at Disney in the future...

The next generation fountain beverage dispenser has a "stylish" new name.
Coca-Cola North America today revealed that "Coca-Cola Freestyle™" is the brand name and logo for its new proprietary fountain dispenser entering market testing this summer. The fountain's brand name captures its ability to deliver unprecedented beverage variety to suit any consumer taste -- all packaged in an innovative and interactive fountain experience.
"Coca-Cola Freestyle brings to life the refreshingly positive outlook that has always been associated with Coca-Cola," said Chandra Stephens-Albright, Senior Director of Marketing and Business Development for the brand. "It brings back the magic of the fountain of the past, re-imagines it for the future and then takes it a step farther by celebrating the idea that consumers can truly have their say at fountain -- with choices tailored completely for them."
The new self-serve fountains -- which represent a complete departure from equipment The Coca-Cola Company has offered before -- have been in development for nearly four years. The sleek new units being tested are touch screen operated, enabling consumers to select from more than 100 calorie and no-calorie brands - including varieties of waters, juices, teas and sparkling beverages that have never been sold in the United States. The Coca-Cola Freestyle dispenser uses proprietary PurePour Technology™ to make dozens of branded beverages fresh to order, in the same amount of space as the current eight-valve machine.

List of Sodas in a Coke FreeStyle Machine:

Coca-Cola®
• Coca-Cola®
• Vanilla Coke
• Coke with Lime
• Raspberry Coke
• Cherry Coke
• Orange Coke
• Cherry Vanilla Coke

Diet Coke®
• Diet Coke®
• Diet Vanilla Coke
• Diet Coke with Lime
• Raspberry Diet Coke
• Diet Cherry Coke
• Orange Diet Coke
• Diet Cherry Vanilla Coke

Coca-Cola Zero™
• Coca-Cola Zero™
• Cherry Coke Zero
• Vanilla Coke Zero
• Cherry Vanilla Coke Zero
• Coke Zero with Orange
• Coke Zero with Lime
• Coke Zero with Raspberry
• Coke Zero with Lemon

Caffeine-Free Diet Coke®
• Caffeine-Free Diet Coke®
• Caffeine-Free Diet Vanilla Coke
• Caffeine-Free Diet Coke with Lime
• Caffeine-Free Diet Coke with Orange
• Caffeine-Free Diet Raspberry Coke
• Caffeine-Free Diet Cherry Coke
• Caffeine-Free Diet Cherry Vanilla Coke

Sprite®
• Sprite®
• Sprite with Cherry
• Sprite with Strawberry
• Sprite with Grape
• Sprite with Peach
• Sprite with Raspberry
• Sprite with Orange
• Sprite with Vanilla

Sprite Zero™
• Sprite Zero™
• Sprite Zero with Cherry
• Sprite Zero with Strawberry
• Sprite Zero with Raspberry
• Sprite Zero with Grape
• Sprite Zero with Peach
• Sprite Zero with Orange
• Sprite Zero with Vanilla

Fanta®
• Fanta® Orange
• Fanta Fruit Punch
• Fanta Lime
• Fanta Grape
• Fanta Strawberry
• Fanta Peach
• Fanta Raspberry
• Fanta Cherry

Fanta Zero™
• Fanta Zero™ Orange
• Fanta Zero Peach
• Fanta Zero Lime
• Fanta Zero Grape
• Fanta Zero Strawberry
• Fanta Zero Fruit Punch
• Fanta Zero Raspberry
• Fanta Zero Cherry

Minute Maid® Lemonade
• Minute Maid® Lemonade
• Minute Maid Cherry Lemonade
• Minute Maid Orange Lemonade
• Minute Maid Raspberry Lemonade
• Minute Maid Strawberry Lemonade
• Minute Maid Fruit Punch Lemonade

Minute Maid® Light
• Minute Maid® Light Lemonade
• Minute Maid Light Cherry Lemonade
• Minute Maid Light Orange Lemonade
• Minute Maid Light Raspberry Lemonade
• Minute Maid Light Strawberry Lemonade
• Minute Maid Light Fruit Punch Lemonade

Dasani®
• Dasani with Lime
• Dasani with Peach
• Dasani with Grape
• Dasani with Orange
• Dasani with Strawberry
• Dasani with Raspberry
• Dasani with Cherry
• Dasani with Lemon

Dasani® Sensations
• Dasani Sensations - Lime
• Dasani Sensations - Peach
• Dasani Sensations - Grape
• Dasani Sensations - Strawberry
• Dasani Sensations - Orange
• Dasani Sensations - Raspberry
• Dasani Sensations - Cherry
• Dasani Sensations - Lemon

Powerade®
• Powerade ION4 Fruit Punch
• Powerade ION4 Raspberry
• Powerade ION4 Cherry
• Powerade ION4 Lemon
• Powerade ION4 Orange
• Powerade ION4 Lime
• Powerade ION4 Grape
• Powerade ION4 Strawberry

Powerade Zero™
• Powerade Zero Fruit Punch
• Powerade Zero Raspberry
• Powerade Zero Cherry
• Powerade Zero Lemon
• Powerade Zero Orange
• Powerade Zero Lime
• Powerade Zero Grape
• Powerade Zero Strawberry

Hi-C®
• Hi-C Cherry
• Hi-C Orange
• Hi-C Raspberry
• Hi-C Strawberry
• Hi-C Fruit Punch
• Hi-C Grape
• Hi-C Raspberry Lime
• Hi-C Orange Vanilla

Vault™
• Vault™
• Vault Red Blitz
• Orange Vault
• Grape Vault
• Peach Vault

Pibb Xtra®

Pibb Zero™

Barq's®
• Barq's®
• Barq's Vanilla

Diet Barq's®
• Diet Barq's®
• Diet Barq's Vanilla

Seagram's® Lemon Lime Seltzer

DizneyRox
08-04-2011, 12:53 PM
My local 5 Guys Burgers and Fries has had these for while. They are neat, but I havne't been too impressed with the "odd" flavors. They usually have a Pibb Xtra, and that's what keeps me coming back.

btharvey
08-04-2011, 12:55 PM
(* My dream machine come true! ... *)

tennantsrwe
08-04-2011, 12:58 PM
WOW!!! I'd love to check one of these out...I know our girls would have a blast trying new flavors.

Strmchsr
08-04-2011, 01:11 PM
We have those at the local Zaxby's. They are fairly neat. The only problem is after a while you start getting all flavors mixed in as the different dispensers are repeatedly used.

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-04-2011, 02:29 PM
According to the Coke Website, there is a machine at the AMC at Pleasure Island. Something else to try while at Disney!

I think it was mentioned on Intercot a while ago, but I can't seem to find the thread.

Niecyboo
08-04-2011, 02:31 PM
Our local Movie theater just put one of these in and it has some good and some bad qualities to it. It's nice that they have so many choices, but this can make people take a lot longer making their selection. Also, this type of machine pretty much replaces a whole row of nozzles with a single nozzle. This was very evident when I was at the Midnight premier of Harry Potter. Instead of several people getting their drinks at once, you have one person standing in front of a screen checking out 100 options. It made for very long lines at the soda fountain. They aren't all listed in a single line. First you would select your main drink, like Coke, Diet coke or Sprite. Then they would have a list of possibilities for that one soda. If there isn't a line, it is fun to play a little, but I have made a couple of oopsies too.

brian2000boston
08-04-2011, 03:44 PM
sounds very cool but i am not sure about some of the new flavors.

Bucs300
08-04-2011, 03:53 PM
Yea I could definitely see the lines backing up from people standing there reading the choices for 5 minutes. They would need to put about 3 or 4 of them next to each other I guess to speed the process along, especially in a place like Disney with that many people walking around.

Basket Mommy
08-04-2011, 07:17 PM
Our local Moe's restaurant has one. My kids love it, but there is a bit of a wait to use it. It's unfortunate, because there's just one machine. I just get my unsweetened tea and sit down.

HackLaSalle
08-04-2011, 07:57 PM
I used it at the AMC Downtown Disney had a Peach Fanta. Used it the other day at a local Duchess grabbed a Raspberry Diet Coke (AWESOME) and Vanilla Diet Barq's (pretty good.) It's so much fun to pick different flavors.

mdricks
08-05-2011, 04:55 PM
What?!? No Beverly????

:sick:

Bucs300
08-05-2011, 05:19 PM
What?!? No Beverly????

:sick:

HAHA!! I remember when they first opened Ice Station Cool way back and I went in and tried the Beverly for the first time. :sick: isn't the word for it!! More like :ack:

January-2007
08-05-2011, 07:58 PM
There's a local place with two of these machines and we think it's really cool. DH tried raspberry Coke and said it was gross. The machine is pretty awesome and it's fun to see all the different flavors and how it dispenses the soda water and flavorings side by side.

disguy
08-11-2011, 02:04 PM
What? No Beverly?:rotfl:

This would be cool to try but the line would probably be huge.