PDA

View Full Version : Wilderness Lodge

mydisneygirls
08-04-2011, 11:53 AM
Will be heading to the WL in September. Have booked a standard room. Do all standard rooms face the parking lot? Anyone been lucky enough to be "magically" upgraded just by asking?

Bucs300
08-04-2011, 12:03 PM
The standard rooms will usually face the parking lot, the driveway or even the roof. I would say a free upgrade might be possible, I've heard stories of people getting them before during the off peak season, and Sept. is a slow month. Just ask the CM when you're checking in if a complimentary upgrade is available, that way they don't upgrade you and charge you. If not then ask for a standard view over the Whispering Canyon Cafe, that actually gives you a nice view so that you aren't staring at a roof when on your balcony. :mickey:

mydisneygirls
08-04-2011, 12:20 PM
Thanks Jason. I'll be sure to ask for a room over the Cafe. So Sept is a slow month...so I should expect little wait time in lines???? LOL

Bucs300
08-04-2011, 12:23 PM
I would say the wait time on the rides won't be to bad, being a local I usually don't go much during the summer months. But in a month like September school has usually started for most kids and the park isn't nearly as crowded as it would be in lets say July. So I think you will have a very nice trip! :mickey:

mydisneygirls
08-04-2011, 12:30 PM
Thanks again! You've given me some very helpful info. Can't wait for Sept!!!!:thumbsup:

TexansInNY
08-04-2011, 05:03 PM
To jump on the bandwagon do ask for the upgrade (we go at slow times and all but once have been offered upgrade - once without even asking) - of course no guarantee but be nice and go with the flow - hope you have a wonderful time!! :mickey:

AllDisney
08-04-2011, 06:10 PM
When we had stayed at WL we were upgraded. We went to check in and they said they needed our room (2 beds) for a family and that we had been up graded to a room with a king bed and a great few of a pond. Every day we saw ducks, bunnies and various wildlife right outside our window. The front desk said they would be happy to move us to our original room in a couple days if we wanted , but that the new room would not cost us a cent!

We stayed in the room with a view & enjoyed every moment:cloud9:

One never knows what surprises are in store when going to WDW

LudwigVonDrake
08-04-2011, 08:25 PM
In 2010 I had a standard view room. It was a view of a loading area. At night I could watch the MK fireworks over the trees.

Not all views are what they seem to be :D

brownie
08-04-2011, 08:41 PM
When we stayed at the Wilderness Lodge, our standard room had a view of the roof.

Pirate Granny
08-05-2011, 10:24 PM
I've stayed three times, in a standard...once a pool view, and the other two we faced the villas at the wilderness lodge. Lucky I guess.

waymickey
08-06-2011, 07:40 AM
Our standard rooms at the lodge have always faced the villas. This is our favorite resort and we always ask for a villa view. Seems most don't like this side of the lodge, too far from everything except buses.

alaMode
08-06-2011, 08:19 AM
We've always booked a standard view and have always been upgraded to a courtyard view at check-in without asking and at no extra cost. We're staying there again in October. It will be nice if it happens again!

LisaP
08-06-2011, 12:07 PM
A few years ago, our standard room at WL gave us a pool view. I am not sure if that was an upgrade, as the CM did not mention it at the time we checked in. Or she could have, but I was so excited upon arrival that I didn't hear a word she said :cloud9:

Crow
08-07-2011, 02:13 AM
Ive stayed a few times, got pool views some. but a few standard times, once resulting in the back view over the smokehouse..not really great. enjoy it as WL is one of my favs.

boston2k11
08-08-2011, 11:10 AM
Wow I guess it won't hurt to ask complimentary...but we'll not really be too upset since we'll be there for only 2 nights:cloud9:thanks for the tip!

mydisneygirls
08-09-2011, 09:52 AM
Thanks all!!! I guess it can't hurt to ask. If we don't get one, I'll be happy just being there!

iceicebritney
08-09-2011, 11:09 AM
Our standard room had a half view of the woods and 1/2 view of the parking lot. We could also see something mouskeeping related down below. We did not ask for an upgrade as we were never in the room.

My sister on the other hand started with a parking lot view and after a toilet issue ended up with a view of the pool/lake area.

It never hurts to ask when you check in! What do you have to loose?