PDA

View Full Version : How to surprise kiddos?

xrayqueen
08-04-2011, 11:48 AM
My husband and I are going to surprise the boys with a return trip to the World in January. We want to wait until that day to tell them. Any creative ideas for the big reveal? Not sure if I can keep the secret myself. WOOHOO!:D

tennantsrwe
08-04-2011, 01:36 PM
A Disney trip is THE BEST SUPRISE EVER!!! :D One trip we took was a suprise to our girls as well. I set up a scavenger hunt for them the night before (you could do it the day of as well) I made cute clue cards that led them from one place to another in our house. The final clue led them into our sitting area in our master bedroom where Mickey and Minnie Mouse stuffed dolls were sitting with balloons and a sign that said 'WE ARE GOING TO DISNEY WORLD!!' They were soooo suprised and excited. It was a very special moment that they both remember to this day. Hope this helps!!

BigRedDad
08-04-2011, 02:37 PM
I am taking my DD on a trip in Sept that she has no clue about. I am trying to figure out what to do as well. Out of the blue the other day she said she wants to go back as long as she doesn't have to fly. Well, big surprise when we do go. She is flying.

I am not sure if I will even tell her. I am just thinking of letting her figure it out on her own.

NJGIRL
08-04-2011, 03:26 PM
A Disney trip is THE BEST SUPRISE EVER!!! :D One trip we took was a suprise to our girls as well. I set up a scavenger hunt for them the night before (you could do it the day of as well) I made cute clue cards that led them from one place to another in our house. The final clue led them into our sitting area in our master bedroom where Mickey and Minnie Mouse stuffed dolls were sitting with balloons and a sign that said 'WE ARE GOING TO DISNEY WORLD!!' They were soooo suprised and excited. It was a very special moment that they both remember to this day. Hope this helps!!

I love this idea. I love scavenger hunts.

MuchLovedMama
08-04-2011, 05:04 PM
You could always tell them you are going someplace boring and keep making it sound even more boring. So you could still pack and everything like normal and at some point they are going to wonder why you are going to the Orlando gate (depending on your kids ages) rather than what you've come up with and when they ask about it you tell them "did we forget to mention that we switched the plans and we're now going to Disney World". I think that'd be exciting.

If you have family or friends out of state then that would work for the fake destination as well.