PDA

View Full Version : I have a few dining questions (HDDR/POP/CSR)

mrmcgiv
08-04-2011, 09:42 AM
1. We are not staying at CSR, but have in the past, if we wanted to eat at the Pepper Market, will we have a problem getting in the gates?

2. Can I use an adult quick svc credit for the large pizza at Pop foodcourt? That would be a good option to hold us over on the day we have a late lunch ADR w/o using all of our QS credits.

3. I can only get an ADR for Hop De Doo at 9:30. We will have a car and will drive back to our resort. What time does the 9:30 usually let out? How much better is category 1 seating vs Category 2? It may be more convenient to go on Sat but that only has cat 2 seating. If we go Sun we can get Cat 1. But then Monday morning we have to get up and hope to hit the road by 8am....

4. How does Akershus compare to Cinderella's royal table? We have been to Akershus, never been to CRT, kids are 7(boy) and 10 (girl). is it worthwhile to use 2TS to go to CRT if I can even get a reservation?

5. Need one last minute sit down dinner for outside of the parks, any good suggestions for places that are not popular and may have availability? Ohana would be nice, but it is booked solid.....

Thanks

brivers222
08-04-2011, 09:55 AM
1. We are not staying at CSR, but have in the past, if we wanted to eat at the Pepper Market, will we have a problem getting in the gates?

You shouldn't have a problem at all... just tell the "gate-keeper" you are eating at the pepper market and they will wave you on.

3. I can only get an ADR for Hop De Doo at 9:30. We will have a car and will drive back to our resort. What time does the 9:30 usually let out? How much better is category 1 seating vs Category 2? It may be more convenient to go on Sat but that only has cat 2 seating. If we go Sun we can get Cat 1. But then Monday morning we have to get up and hope to hit the road by 8am....
I would say it would let out at about 11PM-ish

We sat in Category 2... last row on the main floor. Awesome seats! If I was paying OOP that would be the category i would go with. This trip we are on DlxDP so we are Cat1

4. How does Akershus compare to Cinderella's royal table? We have been to Akershus, never been to CRT, kids are 7(boy) and 10 (girl). is it worthwhile to use 2TS to go to CRT if I can even get a reservation?

I liked them both... I think the feel of being in the castle is an amazing plus to CRT. One downfall is well the food is lacking (for dinner) at CRT and cindy is only down stairs for a picture opp...she doesn't travel. When we were at Akershus for breakfast she actually came around and spent some time at our table. Granted disney does stress Cindy isn't always at the Akershus.

5. Need one last minute sit down dinner for outside of the parks, any good suggestions for places that are not popular and may have availability? Ohana would be nice, but it is booked solid.....

With your kids I might be willing to go to 1900PF dinner at the poly. Lady Tremain, the step sisters, price charming and Cinderella....

maybe even Whispering Canyon if you like your BBQ

This is my 999 post!

cer
08-04-2011, 11:51 AM
With your kids I might be willing to go to 1900PF dinner at the poly.....

He means Grand Floridian...

But Kona Cafe is a good dinner at the Poly...

Cape May is nice but you need to be a seafood fan.

Beaches and Cream is a good table service for burgers and ice cream treats, but while on the dining plan, they do not take ADR's- walk-up only.

Wolfgang Pucks would be another nice option. If you sit near the windows you can see the Characters in Flight Balloon in operation.

Boma (although not to my taste) also gets great reviews and the Animal Kingdom Lodge is amazing.

Also, I agree with Brivers222 that Whispering Canyon would be a fun time, too.

There are so many to choose from, but these are the ones we have done outside the park. Of course Chef Mickey might be an option...

jonahbear2006
08-05-2011, 08:47 PM
Hey guess what!! I HATE seafood with a passion and I LOVE Cape May Cafe. Only one side of that buffet is seafood. They have tons of other great things and their two dessert buffets are to die for!!! BUT, i hate 1900 park fares food. last time we were there the rice krispy treats were stale and those are so easy to make and replace. we couldnt find anything we liked. What I do think is easy to get into and is tres fab. is Biergarten. They have awesome food and service and a little bit of entertainment. our entire family was hooting and hollerin about that restaurant.

brivers222
08-05-2011, 08:54 PM
He means Grand Floridian...

Ha! that I do. I have Ohana on my brain and all i can think about is the Poly hehe

jonahbear2006
08-05-2011, 10:08 PM
You can go to wolfgang puck to get pizza on counter service. its pretty good sized pizza and its gourmet. some of the best pizza ive ever had in my life. Theres a place to park if you have a car where you can walk, that isnt too far away from the restaurant and then you can take it back to your room if you wish.