PDA

View Full Version : September Pre-trip report

Disney Hungarian
08-03-2011, 10:58 PM
I have finally finalized all of the resort and hotel reservations. I will be taking mom back to WDW!!! I'm so happy and grateful that she has been able to go. This will be our third trip in a year. The docs gave her the ok last October, we went again in Dec, and now we get to go again in Sept. I should have bought annual passes. Life is good!!!

We will be staying off site on our arrival day. We check in to the AS sports on the 24th. We have to check out on the 29th, but check right back in for a room only stay (in the same room, Thank you Eleanor!) and leave for home on the 30th.

Mom has trouble with the 5 day plans we have been doing the last 2 trips. This time we will be doing 6 days and I plan to have plenty of rest times and pool lounging. She has a go-go-go attitude but her body just can't anymore. She asked me if I could put her into the Rock and Rollercoaster this trip!!! She said she had never rode it and wants to this time. Any advice on how to talk her out of it would be appreciated :-)

I have not got any plans made as far as what parks we will do when. I want to just take it nice and slow. Pushing a wheelchair 6 days is going to take it's toll on me. I need to pace myself. So the plan is to do what we can without having to have surgery on my knees from pushing her up the monorail ramps. I destroyed a couple of tendons last December ;-)

I have been working very hard on the dining plans and have made so many ressies and cancelled so many ressies that I am just tired of it all and will probably just let what I have be good enough. Mom is a picky eater and not in the least bit adventourous. She has become fascinated with the Disney Characters so I tried to get her some dinners that would be fun for her. I on the other hand had an aspiration to be a chef when I was younger. I love food. So I only have one restaurant on the list. See if you can tell which one.

24th Akershus
25th Coral Reef
26th Kouzzina
27th Chef Mickey's
28th 50's Prime Time
29th La Hacienda de San Angel (7:30 may be too early for the fireworks, I will keep looking for an 8pm)

52 days to go and I am excited already. :thumbsup:

I have a friend in the area that will try to join me for the meal at Kouzzina. I hope that works out. It is so nice to have people drop in while at WDW.

KylesMom
08-04-2011, 12:22 AM
I'm SO glad you were able to get the accommodations you needed, and the ADRs you wanted. I agree, just go with it. If you realize you're pushing the envelope a little too much, take a deep breath and slow down. I hope this trip is magical for both you and your mom, H!

Now for the guessing game. I'm guessing the only ADR you MUST make is Kouzzina. Am I right?! :blush:

Have a WONDERFUL trip with DMom! :mickey:

Disney Hungarian
08-04-2011, 12:27 AM
Now for the guessing game. I'm guessing the only ADR you MUST make is Kouzzina. Am I right?! :blush:

Have a WONDERFUL trip with DMom! :mickey:

lol yep I have heard good things about Cat Cora's restaurant. And thank you!

Disney4us2
08-04-2011, 01:20 AM
I am so happy for you that everything worked out for your resort. Your ADR's look great. Have a great time and enjoy the magic.:mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-04-2011, 07:31 AM
Pace yourself and have a great time...hope you enjoy the ADRS too

yourmagicalguide
08-04-2011, 01:03 PM
Your trip schedule and ADRs sound great :thumbsup:

DH and I have the same problem of trying to cram too many things in during our trip, and then end up feeling exhausted by the time we leave. We're going to try to pace ourselves this time by taking breaks by going back to the resort and relaxing in the afternoons. We'll see how it goes ;) (I'll post a trip report soon after we get back from WDW on Sept. 17th.)

Thanks for sharing :mickey: Can't wait to read your full report after you return.

princessgirls
08-04-2011, 01:58 PM
Have a wonderful trip!!!

Enjoy it!

Julie:mickey:

brian2000boston
08-04-2011, 03:57 PM
sounds like a great trip you have pkanned, good luck and have fun!

RedSoxFan
08-04-2011, 10:37 PM
Sounds like a nice trip planned with your mom. My mom is coming with us in November for her first trip to Disney (my dad died in June). Have a great time!!:mickey:

Bucs300
08-05-2011, 03:57 AM
I know the feeling, when I was younger we used to go to Disney a lot and my grandma would go with us and we would get a wheelchair for her. Pushing it up those monorail ramps gets rough after awhile!! That's why we started getting the electric wheelchairs, makes life so much easier! :thumbsup:

Can't wait to hear all about your trip once Sept. gets here!

January-2007
08-06-2011, 05:39 PM
Hope you have a great time!

MinnieMommie
08-07-2011, 11:33 AM
Your mom has such and adventurous spirit! You are such a wonderful daughter. I hope mine will be as good to me! Just remember to take care of yourself and give your self as well as your mom the relaxation time you need (and watch out for those knees!). Nice ADRs too. Sounds like a very nice trip you have planned! :mickey:

faline
08-09-2011, 07:00 PM
Sean: I hope you and your mom enjoy your trip! It's wonderful that you're getting to make so many lovely memories!

DisneyorBust
08-09-2011, 09:28 PM
Sounds like you and your Mom have a great trip planned! Have a great time!

Disney Hungarian
08-11-2011, 10:23 AM
Thanks everyone!

I have set up a Twitter account if anyone would like to follow our adventures in Sept.

@Disneytripfotos

Disney Hungarian
08-17-2011, 07:35 PM
I called WDW today and found out that our 6 day hopper tickets can be upgraded to annual passes for only $218.33 each. That's less than the price of a 2 day hopper ticket. I think we will take the plunge this year and get the AP.