PDA

View Full Version : Caribbean Beach Resort???

rmsongs
08-03-2011, 08:48 PM
Hello All - I've started 'crunching the numbers' for a possible trip to WDW and I have a question for you. We've stayed at CSR twice and (despite a few very un-Disney like issues the second time), I decided I might like to stay there again. (I'm nuts about Pepper Market, what can I say??:mickey:) I priced the trip on the Disney site and it showed a couple of alternative offers (Same days, dining, tickets, etc.). CSR would run over $4,000, but CBR was closer to $2,500. I always assumed that, since they're both moderate resorts, the prices would be comparable, but they're not even close. So....the question that comes to mind immediately is: Is there anything about CBR that makes it less-desirable than CSR? If so, what would that be? We like CSR, but if I can stay at a resort that's just as nice for almost half the price, why not? Any opinions and advice will be welcome. Also, if you've stayed at CBR, is any building preferable to others? Thanks in advance!

iceicebritney
08-03-2011, 08:57 PM
CSR is the moderate with the most amenities and was just recently refurbished. CSR also has a night club.

CBR has a newly renovated pool but the rooms haven't had as much love.

We stayed at CSR and loved it last year. Love the pepper market. It's fabulous:mickey:

Both resorts offer the king bed option which is great for couples but CBRs rooms are the largest on property.

However, we are staying at CBR this year because it is our honeymoon (keeping up our theme since we are getting married in Jamaica). I haven't stayed there since it opened so I'm not sure what I'm in for, but I'm excited to see how things have changed over time.

Whichever you choose, you will enjoy. Both have the Disney magic:mickey:

yourmagicalguide
08-04-2011, 12:05 PM
[...] we are staying at CBR this year because it is our honeymoon (keeping up our theme since we are getting married in Jamaica).

How awesome! :thumbsup: My DH and I went to Jamaica for our honeymoon then went to CBR for our 1st anniversary :D We loved Jamaica so much that we wanted to have it be a part of all of our anniversaries.

:mickey:

goofy-4-disney
08-04-2011, 12:30 PM
I'm not sure what you all selected for number of days, ticket plans or anything like that but I just priced out a week in November of this year and there was only about a $100.00 difference between CSR and CBR. CSR isn't worth $4000.00 in my opinion. The prices mine showed was CSR for around $2800 for 7 nights with dining plan and 7 day hoppers and around $2700 for the same at CBR.

FutureCorpsFan
08-04-2011, 12:30 PM
I'm a DVC owner at the Beach Club and we've stayed there a ton. Prior to that we only stayed at CBR, it a great resort with great option and a fantastic location. We still talk about going back there for a short trip but haven't pulled it off. You will not be dissappointed. My brother has stayed at CBR and CSR and prefers CBR.

iceicebritney
08-04-2011, 02:41 PM
Kim, it's great to hear you also have love for Jamaica! And how cool that you came to CBR for your anniversary! Great minds think alike:thumbsup: We are very excited for our trip. We've heard so many great things about Jamaica! Hopefully when we arrive at CBR they will help us keep up that relaxed caribbean state of mind:mickey:

rmsongs
08-04-2011, 04:55 PM
Thank you, everyone. After I read goofy-4-disney's response, I went back on the WDW website. Sure enough, both prices are very close. Unfortunately, they're BOTH well over $4,000. That's for 7 nights, dining, and tickets from November 9-16. I don't know how I mistook $4200 for $2400!! Well, at least I know people think highly of CBR. Thanks again.

AllDisney
08-04-2011, 06:38 PM
Don't know how you came up with $4,000 + because looks like around $2700 with NO air.

rmsongs
08-05-2011, 11:23 PM
7 nights, tickets, dining, 2 adults, 2 kids, NO AIR = $4452.44

CleveRocks
08-06-2011, 07:31 PM
That price sounds about right, if there are no special promos going on.

Look closely at the details of your tickets ... the website usually automatically selects for you options such as Park Hopper and Water Park Fun & More. If you don't need the Park Hopper option and you won't take full advantage of the WPF&M admissions, you can shave roughly $480 of the price of your package.

Also look carefully at your room category. The website may have defaulted you to an upgraded (that is, more expensive) rom such as waterview or preferred location ... if that's the case and you want to save money, opt for the standard room and you can shave off roughly $200 or so for your 7-night stay ($30-ish per night).

The package may also already include travel insurance, and you can choose to turn down that added cost if you want to.I'm not saying you SHOULD, I'm just letting you know what to look for if you're looking to save the most money possible.

iceicebritney
08-06-2011, 07:42 PM
Are your dates flexible that you could take advantage of free dining? If so, that would be a great way to save money.

Also, if your dates are not flexible, a great alternative is Pop Centry since it's located directly adjacent to CBR. It's our first choice in resorts and if this wasn't our honeymoon, we would stay there our next visit! (we are only choosing CBR to go with our Jamaican wedding theme) If your interested you could do some searches on Pop because people really have a lot of great things to say about it!:thumbsup:

johnsouthjersey
08-06-2011, 10:40 PM
We started going to CBR with our kids in '03 when they were in grade school. Love it. They are now in high school and still insist on CBR. Planning for the '10 trip I floated staying at Beach Club. Their reply: Dad it isn't broke, why are you trying to fix it? If you plan to use the CBR food court, Trinidad North is a good location, as is Martinique. Wherever you choose, here's hoping you have a great trip.

CleveRocks
08-07-2011, 11:40 AM
Just FYI, Trinidad North and half of Martinique are "preferred location" rooms, meaning they are a separate booking category and cost more per night than a standard room.

Silver_Surfer
08-08-2011, 10:45 AM
Wow the price went up! Those were my choices when booking my trip. The price difference was a little over a $100.00 for 16 day stay this past May. I let our son pick the resort. We stayed at CBR It was great!

mousetrapper
08-08-2011, 06:34 PM
We've stayed at CBR more than any other resort. We love it. I've never stayed at CSR so I can't comment.

I'm even second-guessing my decision to try a totally new resort this year (POR) because I love CBR so much!

That price differential does seem to be pretty unreasonable to me.

Have fun no matter what you choose! :mickey: