PDA

View Full Version : Valet parking ? at the Grand Floridian

brivers222
08-03-2011, 01:39 PM
Just have a few questions as we have never stayed there.

We will be arriving Friday night and checking out Sunday morning.

How does valet work in this case. With my ADRs and whatnot we wouldn't be using the car at all from the time we check in until the time we check out.

What are the Costs for this length?

What is do you normally tip for Valet?

buzznwoodysmom
08-03-2011, 02:15 PM
I think you pay a daily rate, even if you don't move the car. I'm guessing you'll be charged for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday since your car will be in the valet lot on those days. I would tip when they take the car from you on Friday night and again when they return it to you on Sunday. Not sure what the going rate is for tipping valet. DH usually takes care of that, maybe $5.00 or $10.00, not sure.

If you won't be needing the car at all during your stay, you could always just park it in the regular lot. I know its a long haul from that parking lot, and a pain in the rear, but if you won't be using it at all it won't be too hard to use the regular parking. Although I should say that we have never used the regular lot at GF, only valet at that resort, so I totally understand your desire to use valet.

brivers222
08-03-2011, 02:37 PM
Thanks, thats what I was thinking...

I am sure I could drop my wife off at the entrance with our bags and then make the trip over to the self parking lot. We will be arriving after 3:30pm so our room "should" be ready.

Our 2nd leg of trip is going to be at the BWI, but I am guessing we can just park in the regular lot for that as we will be using our car almost every day (would rather I save the at least $4 a day tipping on top of the per day rate)

our entire trip is 11days... so that is like $200 just for valet at tips haha

buzznwoodysmom
08-03-2011, 02:55 PM
We will be arriving after 3:30pm so our room "should" be ready.

Key word being "should". In the past our rooms were always ready by 3pm, almost always before. However, on our last 2 or 3 trips our rooms weren't ready till after 4pm, one time it was almost 5pm. And we had friends there at the same time on one of the trips who reported the same thing. I've also heard from several people I know recently that their rooms weren't ready till around 4!

Bell services will still hold you luggage for you if the room isn't ready yet.

lynnek
08-03-2011, 10:13 PM
Valet parking is for 24 hours---you valet park the car on Friday at 3:30, you can then get it 24 hrs later. I believe it was $14. Here's a scenerio...you ck in at 3:30 with valet pking, you then go to dinner at, say, Yatchsman--valet there--it's good there--you then go back to GF, valet again. Go out for breakfast at Contemporary--valet there--all same cost, within that 24 hrs:) Aren't you checking in for your honeymoon--go for the valet for the first day--feels quite grand!

brivers222
08-03-2011, 10:29 PM
Valet parking is for 24 hours---you valet park the car on Friday at 3:30, you can then get it 24 hrs later. I believe it was $14. Here's a scenerio...you ck in at 3:30 with valet pking, you then go to dinner at, say, Yatchsman--valet there--it's good there--you then go back to GF, valet again. Go out for breakfast at Contemporary--valet there--all same cost, within that 24 hrs:) Aren't you checking in for your honeymoon--go for the valet for the first day--feels quite grand!

lol yeah we are... I guess i never thought of valet which is why all the questions.... But yes even adrianne says "who cares" valet all the way! so I i will just say "yes dear"

lynnek
08-03-2011, 10:55 PM
Well you were saving money with the dining plan!

epceddie
08-04-2011, 01:56 AM
My wife and I did the character breakfast at the GF on the last day of our trip in January and we were surprised that we had to park in a lot across the street. We were tired from walking all week and it wasn't a whole lot of fun. We'll be taking a monorail for any visits we make there in the future.

brivers222
08-04-2011, 09:43 AM
My wife and I did the character breakfast at the GF on the last day of our trip in January and we were surprised that we had to park in a lot across the street. We were tired from walking all week and it wasn't a whole lot of fun. We'll be taking a monorail for any visits we make there in the future.

That actually happened to us on our last trip on arrival day. I was so excited I booked a Massage for my fiancee and we were running right on time coming from our off-site resort. Then we didnt really know that the spa was in a seperate building and that we had to park in the back 40.... its not a far walk, but really they don't make it easy. We ended up being only 15mins late (on time for the treatment, but late for the arriving 15mins early part lol)

I noticed trams in that back lot.... do they take people to the front?

buzznwoodysmom
08-04-2011, 10:37 AM
That actually happened to us on our last trip on arrival day. I was so excited I booked a Massage for my fiancee and we were running right on time coming from our off-site resort. Then we didnt really know that the spa was in a seperate building and that we had to park in the back 40.... its not a far walk, but really they don't make it easy. We ended up being only 15mins late (on time for the treatment, but late for the arriving 15mins early part lol)

I noticed trams in that back lot.... do they take people to the front?

DH has had a massage at GF several times. We've always been told to park at the spa. DH usually drops the kids and I at the front entrance to GF, then he goes and parks at the Spa, so I've never seen the parking lot there, but apparently there is parking for Spa guests.

brivers222
08-04-2011, 11:09 AM
the day we went it appeared the lot was "off limits" to anyone that was not involved in the Wedding that happening at the pavillion. Maybe we could have parked their anyways since we had Spa ressies... but none-the-less we obeyed the signage and found the self park lot