PDA

View Full Version : President's Week Questions

magicjasb
08-03-2011, 12:36 PM
We are looking at planning a trip for Feb. 2012 during President's Week and meeting up with family that will be in the area. Being a teacher, I will not be able to go earlier or later in February. We have been to Disney during many times of the year, including the busy, hot summer time. We have never been in February. I know it will be crowded because of the holiday weekend and I believe Daytona, but will it be much different than July? Is it warm enough to swim at night? Does it get a lot cooler at night? If you have been this week, would you go again? Any advice would be appreciated.:mickey:

BigRedDad
08-03-2011, 01:46 PM
Weather will be a broad spectrum and you could experience all of it in the same week. As for crowds, I would say they are similar to July, maybe a little less.

Maleficent's Dad
08-04-2011, 10:55 PM
I know it will be crowded because of the holiday weekend and I believe Daytona, but will it be much different than July? Is it warm enough to swim at night? Does it get a lot cooler at night? If you have been this week, would you go again? Any advice would be appreciated.:mickey:
We go every February during President's Week. Yes, it is crowded, but it's not Christmas/Easter crowded! It's very manageable if you get in early and use the FP system. We've never had a problem. With airline prices and the economy in the tank, I can't see crowds growing anytime soon.

As for the weather- well just roll the dice. In the past few years, we've had highs in the upper 80's and lows (at night) in the 20's. So very hard to predict. The evenings will most likely be cool (if not cold), and the day-time temps will be anywhere from 60-85. Just check the weather forecasts before heading down.

Would I go again? I'm already booked.... we go every year that week as we will not take kids out of school. We plan ahead and manage the parks easily. It's those who do not have an advanced plan that struggle...

magicjasb
08-05-2011, 09:52 PM
Thank you for the advice. :mickey: