PDA

View Full Version : Philadelphia Zoo?

Katzateer
08-03-2011, 09:08 AM
Is this a fun day trip? What s not to be missed?

Thanks for any suggestions

DisneyDog
08-03-2011, 08:27 PM
The Philadelphia Zoo is great. I have a family membership which my dad pays for every year. It's a godsend because the zoo is expensive. But, it is worth it. It has changed so much since I was a kid, and they keep on improving it. First of all, there is the Channel 6 Zoo Balloon. It is an extra charge, but so cool. It is a hot air balloon, and it takes you way up over the city for the most amazing view. Great for taking photographs of the art museum and river area.

The Zoo is America's first, built around the buildings of the Centennial Exposition of 1876. Many of the buildings have quite a lot of their own history. Some of the older buildings have been renovated to be very modern. The aviary, for example, is exquisite and they have a very Disney-type show inside, explaining migration.

I highly recommend a trip to the zoo, and be prepared to spend the entire day there. If you have any further questions, you can PM me :)

barnaby
08-03-2011, 11:22 PM
Philly Zoo is great. It has some cool animals and habitats. Big Cat Falls is one of the newer ones and is nice. Admission isn't much, but the food is a little pricey.

Katzateer
08-05-2011, 07:20 PM
We had fun at the zoo today.

When we got to the front gate about 15 minutes before the zoo opened a lady with 2 toddlers asked if we were paying admission. I told her it was our first visit. She said just follow me. So when we got to the entrance she told the person takingthe tickets we were her guests on her membership card. Saved us almost $40!!:thumbsup: I asked if I could get her kids ice cream or drinks and she said. No, just enjoy.

HIGHLIGHTS for us-

The Aviary the birds were right next to us was fun but a little strange having good size birds flying by inches from your head.

Feeding the lorikeets

The otters

Big Cat Falls

The baby giraffe spreading his legs to get a drink didn't realize they had to do that thought they could just put their necks down and get a drink

The big tortoises are really cool they like to have their necks rubbed

The flamingos running around in a big group making a lot of noise- they were upset a worker was in the enclosure doing some clean up work (weeds)