PDA

View Full Version : Free Dining begins middle of our stay

lighteningqueen
08-02-2011, 10:51 PM
If the dates are correct... We are going the 7th of Dec thru 14th. The free dining may start on the 11th.do we only get those days or the whole week.. Prior since we will be there? OR do we split our stay..book room only from 7-10 then package 11-14?? Just not sure about it all. Just need and want the free dining. Thanks

brivers222
08-02-2011, 11:10 PM
we are 9-19... and you have to split your ressie

we are staying at the GF now from 9-11 and then the BWI from the 11-19 with free dining.

^^ that is of course all speculation (BUT I HOPE ITS TRUE!!!!) lol

lighteningqueen
08-02-2011, 11:18 PM
So I will have to call up and make 2 differ res.. What a pain..I have ours with POP and the 1 day park ticket already for the option of dining to be added later. I will just call them.I need to anyway.They have our final payment due the day I made the res.

brivers222
08-02-2011, 11:41 PM
well what we are doing is making only one new ressie (the 9th-11th) and then modifying our original one to start on the 11th instead of the 9th

lighteningqueen
08-02-2011, 11:47 PM
I will wait for the dates then do the changes.If there is a Disney God we need him now lol

brivers222
08-02-2011, 11:49 PM
haha right... I have MJs oh hold for the hopeful release of the dates tomorrow!

SassyMadhatter
08-03-2011, 06:39 AM
When I went to Disney in 2009,and 2010...I never had to split ressies, if at least one day of your trip fell within the time frame...you got it the entire stay. Just saying....:mickey:

SBETigg
08-03-2011, 07:28 AM
When I went to Disney in 2009,and 2010...I never had to split ressies, if at least one day of your trip fell within the time frame...you got it the entire stay. Just saying....:mickey:

I believe that's only if free dining is already going on and ends during your stay. Then it will extend. I've booked stays before where I would have missed Free Dining by one day, arrived the day before it started, and could not get it for my entire trip without rebooking even though it started that one day after my check-in. I think the other posters are correct, that you have to rebook and do the split stay if you want the free dining for any of those days after your initial check-in before the Free Dining offer starts.

Strmchsr
08-03-2011, 07:34 AM
I believe that's only if free dining is already going on and ends during your stay. Then it will extend.

Yep. That's correct. Disney has been closing a lot of loopholes lately.

lighteningqueen
08-03-2011, 10:15 AM
Ok so I need to call back up make res for pop on Dec 7-11, The make another one at pop for 11-14.. So I need`make sure I use all my ressies on the first one up before starting the 11th. Thats if I pay for ddp 7-11.. Oh my!!!

brivers222
08-03-2011, 10:41 AM
Ok so I need to call back up make res for pop on Dec 7-11, The make another one at pop for 11-14.. So I need`make sure I use all my ressies on the first one up before starting the 11th. Thats if I pay for ddp 7-11.. Oh my!!!

Well i am guessing you have to use up your credits (BEFORE) you check in on the 11th.

Usually they are good from the moment you check-in on the 7th until Midnight of the day you check out on the 11th. However, I am not sure how it works when you check-in to another resort using a new dining plan.

So to be safe, I am using my final 2 TS credits for Breakfast on the 11th. Then sending my wife for a massage while I go check in at the BWI to get our new dining plan credits. Then using 2 TS from the new plan for dinner at Yachtsman before the MVMCP.

If you already have a current ressie going, you don't have to make a new one for the 11th - 14th... just modify the starting date from the 7th to the 11th. The only new ressie you would have to make is from the 7th-11th.

lighteningqueen
08-03-2011, 11:17 AM
Cannot be done for us. He said the park tickets will be like buying the first day for 3 days. Says it would be 180.00 more per person to spit the stay.. Not sure we can go now.. Food is just too expensive for 7 of us..

Strmchsr
08-03-2011, 11:22 AM
Cannot be done for us. He said the park tickets will be like buying the first day for 3 days. Says it would be 180.00 more per person to spit the stay.. Not sure we can go now.. Food is just too expensive for 7 of us..

Another option would be to do room only and pay OOP for food for the first part. You can save a LOT of money doing OOP instead of the DDP. Then start the package when the discount starts. You still have the ticket issue, but that might save you some money.

Mickey'sGirl
08-03-2011, 11:30 AM
That is a very good suggestion.

Another might be to rent a place offsite with a kitchen, and make a lot of your meals? That would be less expensive for sure!

I hope you figure out what is best for your family!

lighteningqueen
08-03-2011, 11:37 AM
Just got off the phone. Cannot be done No split days. Will cost 180.00 more per person. When you buy you tickets they do not drop in price until the 4th day so he said the second half would wind up being more expensive. 7-10 is a 3 day ticket 11-13 3day ticket.. We check out the 14th. He said attendance at this point for 11-17 was very low so they offer it for then. So if people change over then may be our week will beaded back since everyone changed over. Otherwise I could pay for quick service the whole week for 500.00 for us 2.I think I can pay OOP cheaper and eat only one time a day