PDA

View Full Version : WDW in March

loraineny
08-02-2011, 02:23 PM
Next year I will be bringing my grandson to WDW for his 5th birthday, which falls on President's Day, February 20, 2012. Because of this we will be going the following week, Feb 28 - March 6. Can anyone tell me how the weather is there that time of year (park opening temps, midday temps, nighttime show temps, likelyhood of rain, etc...)? Also, Blizzard Beach will be open, but will it be warm enough to warrent spending a day there? Lastly, how are the crowds at this time? I've read where they can be fairly light for the 2 weeks after President's week, but the majority of what I've read in tour books says that they can be quite heavy ndue to early spring breakers. Any information from anyone who has been there at that time of year and can provide a little enlightment would truly be appreciated.

NJGIRL
08-02-2011, 03:07 PM
We went in March once and it was years ago. It was chilly. We had to wear long pants and light jackets most of the time. I don't remember it raining at all. We didn't do any swimming because it was too cold.

Jillirose
08-02-2011, 03:17 PM
We have gone many times over President's weekend. Temps are generally in the 60s with some 70s and very little precipitation. There is always one or two days in the 50s!! A few years back, we even had freezing weather, which didn't go over well as we splurged on BC for the pool. :mad: Look here (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/weather/dailytemps.asp) for historic temps.

We always find it busy, but manageable (compared to spring break). We go early to hot attractions, use fast passes and take advantage of extra magic hours.

Also, we have occassionally gone to the waterparks, and they are great! We're from MI, so semi warm weather feels great to us :-)

CajunDisneyDad
08-02-2011, 04:00 PM
I think Mardi Gras is in Feb in 2012, so that would be one of the things I would be wary of. We went last year in march...but there were a ton of kids there on Spring break, and a bunch of HS kids that were just little horrors (see my post about a bus trip back from DTD)... Weather was nice though :) had one cold night but that was about it.

Obviously it wasnt too bad since we are going back in March 2012, but we are NOT staying at a value this time lol

DisneyMom12
08-02-2011, 04:55 PM
I was there the beginning of March 08. It was cool in the day, and freezing at night. I would bring a warm coat or sweat shirt just in case.

PETE FROM NYC
08-02-2011, 06:34 PM
We used to to either the 2nd or 3rd week in March. Most days were flannel shirt weather.
But , I remember one year in particular that had temps in the upper 30s. Its a good thing we went to the airport wearing our heavy coats. As far as swimming, DW and my sister did it, but it was chilly getting out.
I would say that daytime temps can range from 50s to 70s.

Twilight
08-02-2011, 07:23 PM
We went to WDW the second week of March in 2009 and it was in the 80's or lower 90's all week. The crowds were managable then. We did not wait too long in lines, the fast passes helped. Some days had more people than others. Hollywood Studios seemed to be the least crowded.We did miss springbreak by one week, when we were leaving families and teen were coming in.
Have fun!

NJGIRL
08-02-2011, 11:22 PM
BTW... :welcome: to INTERCOT.:D

LVT
08-03-2011, 08:26 AM
We were Spring Break people.
In general 2nd week March is the beginning and the 3 week is insane.
Since you are done early it should work out well.
The rainy season starts in Mid May so the weather should be OK.
We have done the water parks, but base it on the daily weather forecast. It gets kind of cool even with heated pools. We hated wearing wet suits back to the room if it was less than 80F.
My favored timing is March before the 13th.