PDA

View Full Version : Our Big HOT August Celebrations Pre Trip Report

Disney4us2
08-02-2011, 11:16 AM
This is the third of our three planned trips within the past 7 months. To recap, we were there in December for Jessica's birthday. In April for spring break and my birthday, and now for our big HOT summer celebration for our friends first visit) and our DD's graduations.

Cast:
Me- Marci Love planning our trips
My DD Jessica 11 Loves her pin trading
Beverly Our Disneyland AP friends
Beverly's DD Lisa 14

We met Beverly and Lisa at Disneyland after our first trip to WDW in 2005. We were both at Junior Chef and started a conversation, hit it off and have been friends ever since. The girls were 5 and 8 when we met so they are like sisters when we get together.

Over the past few years we have been back to WDW several times. This will be Beverly' and Lisa's first time to WDW. I am really looking forward to playing tour guide. Jessica and I have the Premier AP and Beverly and Lisa will be upgrading to the Premier AP before leaving for WDW.

We will be flying in on Southwest on Monday August 15th arriving late afternoon. This our first DVC stay. Beverly and Lisa have used their DVC at PP and VGC prior to this, but this is their first WDW DVC stay. We will be at OKW for the first night sharing a room. The next day we move to our separate studios at AKL Kidani. We will be there a total of 9 nights and 10 days. Our departure is not until 5pm so we will have time on departure day for a little more Disney fun.

We are planning on going to the waterparks (both of them) at least once for each, maybe more. I have never been to Disneyquest and would like to see it. Also planning on doing some of the DVC events like the Baylake Tower tours if they still offer it and the Welcome Home Wednesdays. If the girls don't want to go to those with us, we will let them rent surrey bikes or swim in the pools since we can pool hop at certain DVC pools.

With the exception of one day we don't have any parks really planned out. The exception being AK since we have lunch at Yak & Yeti. Speaking of food. We will have the regular dinning plan and will be paying OOP for only two meals. Y&Y being one of them the other is the Plaza on our arrival night.

Our dining plans are as follows:
8/15 The Plaza.... arrival night.
8/16 Tokyo Dining
8/17 Cape May Cafe
8/18 WCC
8/19 1900 Park Fare
8/20 Lunch Y&Y Dinner Crystal Palace
8/21 Teppan Edo
8/22 Chef Mickeys
8/23 Garden Grill
8/24 Kona Cafe
These are all repeats for Jessica and I except for the Plaza.

We know it will be hot and going comando at the parks is not our priority. We have a lot of days to see what we want at our pace. Beverly knows she won't see everything this time around and we are planning for a July 2012 trip with them as well. For the most part the only things planned are our dinner ADR's. If they are at a park, that is where we will be in the evening. If at a resort... wing it. I guess that will be the plan for most of the time, just winging it. I know we will be at Epcot on the 16th. I usually start out at that park to start our trip. This time we will start at MK for the evening.

We also plan on meeting up with new friends during our stay with a few fellow Intercotee's. I am really looking forward to that.

The celebrations are Beverly and Lisa's first trip to WDW and both girls have graduated this past June. Jessica will be starting middle school on 8/29 and Lisa will be entering high school in Sept. The girls are going to have a great time on all the coasters while Beverly and I sit and have our COLD drinks. We are going to pre order the photopass CD since Beverly wants to have a great memory. This will be my third CD. Don't know if I will do it next trip. Although we did have fun doing the Magic shots with photopass.

This time we are flying on Southwest. The only thing I don't like is they don't have direct flights from Los Angeles. One thing I like is they already told me they are expecting my scooter. This time I am going to make sure they board it as I don't want a repeat of my scooter being left behind at the airport. That was a total nightmare. I also need to make sure our shuttle rides to/from the airport are scooter accessible. Had that incident with the van on our return not being accessible.

This will be the longest trip we have done to WDW and I am really looking forward to staying deluxe for the first time. My father is dreading our being gone for such a period of time since he is watching Ginger and she gets so sad when I am not with her....poor fur baby. In addition he is also watching 5 lizards, one parakeet and our fish tank.

My hope for this trip.... no scooter's left at the airport and no bus accidents on the scooter this time:blush:

Wow... didn't realize how long this was.... thanks for reading.

disneymom15
08-02-2011, 11:44 AM
Sounds like a great plan. We'll miss each other by a few days, would have been nice to meet you (we arrive on the 30th).

VWL Mom
08-02-2011, 11:55 AM
Here's some pixie dust for your scooter's travels :pixie:

Sounds like a great plan. I'll be there the last couple days of your trip and will be on the lookout for your scooter license plate to say hello. I think I remember you posting it somewhere??

Enjoy!

Disney4us2
08-02-2011, 12:00 PM
Here's some pixie dust for your scooter's travels :pixie:

Sounds like a great plan. I'll be there the last couple days of your trip and will be on the lookout for your scooter license plate to say hello. I think I remember you posting it somewhere??

Enjoy!

Yes... On the basket it says Marci's People Mover and the second plate says Disney4Us2. The scooter is silver and black. Would love to meet up.

Disney4us2
08-02-2011, 12:02 PM
Sounds like a great plan. We'll miss each other by a few days, would have been nice to meet you (we arrive on the 30th).

Shucks... are you planning on going to LMNOP in Oct 2012?

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-02-2011, 01:42 PM
Have a wonderful time with your friends

Dsnygirl
08-02-2011, 03:29 PM
Loved seeing your trip report... sounds like you guys have a VERY fun & special trip planned!! Looking forward to meeting you -- are you getting ready for the heat wave?? ;)

princessgirls
08-03-2011, 09:42 AM
Marci,

You have a great trip planned!!

Hoping to meet up with you!

Julie:mickey:

RedSoxFan
08-03-2011, 02:25 PM
Sounds fun. Have a wonderful time.:mickey:

Suz36
08-03-2011, 09:41 PM
Sounds like a wonderful trip is planned! Have a magical time, and I hope there are no scooter issues this time around!

brian2000boston
08-03-2011, 11:39 PM
Sounds like a fun trip!

Bucs300
08-05-2011, 04:04 AM
It's funny that you're an hour away from Disneyland and this is gonna be your 3rd trip to Orlando in 7 months. I'm about 45 min from Disney World yet I've never been to Disneyland before. I'm gonna have to work on this!! :plane:

Disney4us2
08-05-2011, 10:34 AM
It's funny that you're an hour away from Disneyland and this is gonna be your 3rd trip to Orlando in 7 months. I'm about 45 min from Disney World yet I've never been to Disneyland before. I'm gonna have to work on this!! :plane:

It is a whole different experience for us at WDW. Disneyland doesn't have Animal kingdom or Epcot. However, I really like just walking across the esplanade to go from one park to another.

You should give Disneyland a try. It will give a whole new experience being at the original?

Bucs300
08-05-2011, 01:02 PM
It is a whole different experience for us at WDW. Disneyland doesn't have Animal kingdom or Epcot. However, I really like just walking across the esplanade to go from one park to another.

You should give Disneyland a try. It will give a whole new experience being at the original?

Well you're right on that one, WDW does have EPCOT and Animal Kingdom. So it's definitely worth the trip over to Florida. :mickey:

I think you're right, I bet I would enjoy seeing Disneyland and being at the original, it would be something new. I'll have to try and plan a trip over in the future. :thumbsup:

January-2007
08-05-2011, 07:33 PM
Have a wonderful time!!

Disney4us2
08-06-2011, 02:23 PM
We are getting closer:woohoo: and my:mickey3: excitement level is on the rise. We are 9 days away from our check in at OKW and 10 days from AKL Kidani.:trio:

I did my online check in for AKL.:yay: Beverly did the check in for OKW and her AKL villa. I tried to do a room request, but it wouldn't let me. So I called member services to make sure my room request was there. I need a room close to the lobby for mobility purposes.

Still have a lot to do. Finish packing. Get groceries for my father the animal sitter. He is the wrangler of one standard dachshund..:dog:Ginger. a parakeet, :fishbowl:fish and 5 :lizard:lizards, all of which Jessica has caught. There are 4 adults and one tiny baby. Oh, and get about 5 dozen :bug:crickets for the larger ones and 2 dozen for the baby.

Don't know how I will sleep the night before. I will be up at 2am for our 3am pick up from Prime Time. Somehow, I will have to find a way to get to sleep early. Any suggestions???

KylesMom
08-08-2011, 12:04 PM
Marci, I know that you guys will have another tremendous time at Disney World!

We recently flew Southwest round-trip from Chicago, and found their staff to be excellent and the aircrafts to be comfortable. I am sure you won't have problems with them leaving your primary mode of transportation at the gate. :D

Safe travels - and enjoy! :mickey:

faline
08-10-2011, 07:12 PM
Enjoy! Sounds like lots of fun coming your way!

Peter Pan
08-11-2011, 08:41 AM
We are dinning at Tokyo as well on the 16th!