PDA

View Full Version : CBR positive reviews?

boston2k11
08-02-2011, 10:36 AM
hi,planning again finally;):cloud9:so DS1&2,Mom and I are pretty much set with CBR:vacation:but was wondering if anyone could offer anything positive about their stay here?negative also accepted,I suppose lol Thanks in advance

Strmchsr
08-02-2011, 11:16 AM
We stayed at CBR for the first time last February. Initially, I wasn't too thrilled. Everything felt distant and I didn't get the "Disney" feel like at other resorts. However, by the end of the week we felt CBR was one of our favorites. We ended up really liking the "island" atmosphere, the lake, and the huge gift shop and food court. Plus, my boys LOVE the main pool and the quiet pools were nice for a quick dip. Yes, everything is really spread out, but it actually created a much quieter, more relaxing environment than a lot of the resorts.

AllDisney
08-02-2011, 11:51 AM
We have enjoyed our stays at CBR. The main pool is lots of fun. The foot court has lots of options. It far exceeds the food court at WL even!

The grounds are beautiful. It's a very relaxing resort. We would not hesitate to stay here again.

P.S. I was born in Brockton:number1: Left when I was a teenager but my heart belongs to all the teams:secret:

Jillirose
08-02-2011, 01:23 PM
We loved CBR when we stayed there. The theming and pool were great. We would stay there again if looking at moderates. :thumbsup:

yourmagicalguide
08-02-2011, 01:45 PM
DH and I stayed at CBR in March of 2009 and had a great experience :thumbsup:

Even though our room in Martinique was on the first floor, directly across from the pool, we found our accommodations to be surprisingly pleasant! Our room had a ceiling fan, so we kept that running along with the air conditioner to easily create enough white noise to drown out all other sounds :sleepin: The décor of the room was "Upscale Nemo" with a Finding Nemo theme that wasn't over-the-top, too bright, or too childish :nemo:

The sink/vanity area was huge with a large rack for hanging clothes. Everything was clean and tidy :) We were given new soaps and shampoos every day of our stay, and towels were always plentiful.

The beds were a bit too firm for my liking, but the huge plush pillows easily made up for that problem. Our room also included a mini fridge - which turned out to be a blessing since we used it constantly for drinks, fresh fruit bowls, and leftover pizza from Old Port Royale :pizza: The room also had an in-wall safe that was very narrow, but it was large enough to hold our traveling documents, wallet and jewelry.

CBR is HUGE, but there are bus stops at each of the "islands" that are extremely helpful when traveling either within the resort or to different destinations at WDW. We never had to wait more than 20 minutes for a bus (during a peak season, too!), and all the bus stops were covered and included many benches for sitting.

The food options at Old Port Royale (the resort's food court) are excellent, the portions are generous, and the prices are to be expected. The atmosphere in the food court was amazing and the most unique one you'll find :D It definitely makes you feel like you're in the Caribbean! Shopping was also nice with a large “Pirates of the Caribbean” theme.

Overall, our room was nice and always clean, most of the staff were very friendly and helpful, the resort was wonderfully themed and in a great location in terms of going anywhere on WDW property (maybe aside from Magic Kingdom, but it still wasn't too bad).

Great choice! :thumbsup: We would definitely stay at CBR again :mickey: