PDA

View Full Version : Pop Century

momofaprincess
08-01-2011, 06:30 PM
We just got back last night from a five night stay at Pop. We had never stayed there before and since this was a quick cheap trip we decided to try it. I had read that some had had trouble with their room keys here. We did as well....they gave us keys to a room someone was already staying in. Needless to say it wasn't a lot of fun opening someone else's door at midnight. We had to go all the way back from 90s to get new room keys. The resort was OK but I didn't get what everyone on here thinks is so great about it. Other than bus service, I didn't notice much difference between Pop and the All Stars. I would stay here again but I wondered if there was something I missed. It seems like so many stay here and I just didn't understand why. I don't want to make any Pop fans angry, I just wondered if I missed something.

Pop Centurion
08-01-2011, 07:26 PM
Wow, that must have been really awkward walking in on some one else.

I love Pop for its fun atmosphere & theme but people have different opinions. Sorry you didn't find it as enjoyable as those of us who love it there.

retiredfigment
08-01-2011, 07:29 PM
Like anything Disney, it what works for you. Personally, I liked the Food Court here better than at WL. I also liked the walk with all the trivia info. The pool was quiet, though large and we stayed in a quietfg area. However, when cost isn't an issue, I love the balcony at WL and the ambience of the front lobby and the ease of finding my way around. Just depends what you are looking for.

AllDisney
08-01-2011, 08:01 PM
I think it's the theme as well as the newest value resort. Other than that ALL the values are basically the same.

Cinderelley
08-01-2011, 08:33 PM
Everyone has different likes and dislikes, and it may not be the right resort for you. I enjoy the theming, the food court, the poolside bar and the bus service set up. I love being able to take crazy and fun photos with the decor all around the resort.

Mfarquar
08-01-2011, 10:45 PM
It's because it's the newest value and it doesn't have to share buses.

This is why we stay here over the other values.

Before it was Pop, we stayed at ASMo because it was the newest and didn't share buses at the time.

I'm sure, for us, it will be Art of Animation next - at least, when we stay at a value.

darthmacho
08-01-2011, 11:13 PM
I'm hoping to stay there next year. I hope they have the room key issues resolved by then. I'll be sure to put on the deadbolt just in case. I guess I don't mind the All Stars comparison, because I loved All Star Music. :mickey:

Tink#64
08-02-2011, 12:17 AM
Ouch! That had to be an awkward moment! I have never heard of anything like that & thankfully have never experienced it! :blush: But we always use the extra locks/chains at night when we head to bed - who doesn't do that? Sorry that happened to you! :ack:

We just happen to be really comfortable at Pop & really enjoy the resort. I'm sorry your stay there was less than magical. We all build up so much for WD vaca's and that's one reason we're not loking outside of Pop, I'm afraid that we might be disappointed! Thankfully WDW has so many choices that everyone is bound to find something that suits them! :mickey:

waymickey
08-02-2011, 08:39 AM
Heading to POP in just 6 days.
It is our first stay at a value in a long time. It is a short trip so we figured we could save some money.
I hope the room key problem is fixed. I will knock before I try the key.:cool:

Daisy'sMom
08-02-2011, 09:26 AM
So the room key was actually fine, they just put you in a room already occupied?:mickey:

AllDisney
08-02-2011, 12:04 PM
We ALWAYS use the deadbolts at ANY place we stay. We have never heard of this type of thing happening....but there is always a first time.

DisneyMom12
08-02-2011, 12:22 PM
I could not imagine how it felt for you, or the people staying in the room, when you opened the door.

I prefer the All Star's to Pop myself. The 2 times I stayed there was the worst bus experiences I ever had.

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-02-2011, 01:36 PM
We actually did not like it as well as the AS resorts....mostly because of the a/c

momofaprincess
08-02-2011, 10:49 PM
Yep, the key was fine. It's just that there happened to be people in the room that were in bed. Awkward and kinda weird. Never had that happen before and SURE don't want to do it again! LOL
:oops:

Renfairwedding
08-03-2011, 08:33 AM
We arrived to a whole set of luggage and a fully stock fridge (wine, beer and cheese cake) . I had to convince the desk they had a problem. The CM seemed to understand when I thanked her for all the food and the new suit cases.

nfrustaci
08-03-2011, 09:43 AM
We arrived to a whole set of luggage and a fully stock fridge (wine, beer and cheese cake) . I had to convince the desk they had a problem. The CM seemed to understand when I thanked her for all the food and the new suit cases.

:haha::haha::haha:

lizzi6692
08-04-2011, 12:38 AM
We had this happen to us during our trip in May when we stayed at Coronado Springs, it was more of an annoyance than anything, but when we contacted the manager about it not only did she insist that she send a runner to us with our new keys rather than us going to her, she also made it clear she felt it was necessary to do something to make up for it. We kind of hinted at wanting another night at the resort and not only did she give us that for free, but she also gave us 2 1-day park hoppers as well. She certainly went above and beyond our expectations. When we called to explain what had happened all we really wanted was an explanation of how it had happened.

epceddie
08-04-2011, 01:33 AM
We enjoyed our one-night stay at Pop back in January. The room was nothing spectacular, but it was a fun place to walk around and we got some great photos.
We got a great deal on the room, which was almost a carbon copy of the room we stayed in at CBR for a lot more money. That made me scratch my head a bit. It was $79 at Pop and something like $185 at CBR.

DisneyFr33k
08-04-2011, 08:05 AM
Yep, the key was fine. It's just that there happened to be people in the room that were in bed. Awkward and kinda weird. Never had that happen before and SURE don't want to do it again! LOL
:oops:

What I want to know is what did the family that you walked in on do?

The main reason we prefer POP over AS resorts are the dedicated buses. When we stayed at ASMovies, the buses were always full when arriving as we were the last resort on the stop.

iceicebritney
08-04-2011, 08:14 AM
I prefer Pop for the location, theming, and buses. The arcade is great and we love the pool bar as well:mickey:

I'm not a fan of the shared bus aspect of All Star. There is nothing worse on those late night rides back toy ur resort from the parks than having those interior bus lights come on and off with multiple stops:(