PDA

View Full Version : Timeshare Store Rentals?

KAT1811
08-01-2011, 01:38 PM
Has anyone rented DVC points from The Timeshare Store? We are thinking about renting from them for the fall and would love to hear some feedback from anyone who has rented with them before. This would be our first rental. Any feedback at all would be appreciated! :mickey:

P.S. - We are looking to rent points for a 2 week stay at Old Key West in a Studio

:thanks:

brivers222
08-01-2011, 02:02 PM
I actually sold my DVC through them after my divorce in 2008... They are an amazing company!!!

Jillirose
08-01-2011, 02:38 PM
I didn't realize they rented points too. How much are they charging per point?

DizneyRox
08-01-2011, 03:15 PM
It's $12 per point I think. Interesting development. I have to guess they are just playing middleman. They would hold payment from the "seller" until the "buyer" is satisfied.

Haven't heard of any stories good or bad. I would suspect good. Not much could go wrong quite honestly. I'm fairly certain your not actually renting points from them. They would need to own the points and constantly renting out points like that is specifically prohibited in the contract. Unless maybe Disney made a deal with them to rent out their inventory which is possible. I'm sure Didney is sitting on a ton of unused points.

John
08-01-2011, 04:48 PM
They've been a sponsor of INTERCOT for a long time - and that says a lot. We have very high standards. They are a great company to deal with!

TheDuckRocks
08-02-2011, 10:10 AM
It's $12 per point I think. Interesting development. I have to guess they are just playing middleman. They would hold payment from the "seller" until the "buyer" is satisfied.

That is how they handle the transaction after the Timeshare Store recieves the payment from the "buyer". They then hold the money until the "seller" releases the points to the "buyers" name. Sort of like useing an escrow company.

We purchased points through them last month for a trip in 2013 to celebrate our 50th anniversary when we are taking a lot of people with us and our annual DVC points were not as many as we needed. They were able to have the points transferred into our regular DVC account. The whole process was quite simple and I cannot begin to say enough good things about working with Jason, who is currently handling the point rentals.

epceddie
08-04-2011, 01:28 AM
I would not hesitate to do business again with The Timeshare Store. We bought 150 points at OKW through them a couple of years ago and things couldn't have gone smoother. They were very professional and courteous. I'm sure they are just as good when it comes to renting points.

garymacd
08-04-2011, 11:15 AM
Is this a cheaper way of getting a room or suite than just calling up WDW Travel or Magical Journeys?

Are there other benefits of doing this that I am missing?

DizneyRox
08-04-2011, 12:58 PM
Depends on the accomodations you need, but in general, it's probably cheaper than most of the Disney specials on DVC rooms.

for non DVC accomodations, it's more than likely cheaper to book the old way (with cash).

VWL Mom
08-04-2011, 02:11 PM
That is how they handle the transaction after the Timeshare Store recieves the payment from the "buyer". They then hold the money until the "seller" releases the points to the "buyers" name. Sort of like useing an escrow company.

We purchased points through them last month for a trip in 2013 to celebrate our 50th anniversary when we are taking a lot of people with us and our annual DVC points were not as many as we needed. They were able to have the points transferred into our regular DVC account. The whole process was quite simple and I cannot begin to say enough good things about working with Jason, who is currently handling the point rentals.

This is interesting. So They could transfer points into your account and then you have total control over the reservation? I like that idea.

Can you request certain home points or is it the luck of the draw?