PDA

View Full Version : Park Hoppers to AP's?

Wells
08-01-2011, 10:22 AM
We have just decided to move to Florida shortly after our October Disney Trip!:D
In view of this, we have been considering our options regarding tickets.
We currently have a MYW package with five day park hoppers.
If we decide to convert these to AP's on arrival, will this affect any of the other terms of our MYW package (dining, room rates, etc.)?
Or would it be better to use or current arraingments and wait until our move is complete to buy Florida resident AP's?
Any suggections or recommendations will be appriciated.
The real bottom line here is, We're moving to Florida!!!:D:D:D

DizneyRox
08-01-2011, 11:21 AM
Will you be able to prove Florida residency at the time of your vacation? Florida drivers license is the typical proof of residency (there are other ways).

But in general, you'll need to actually be a resident to convert to a Fl resident AP.

I think you'll have 14 days after first use of those 5 days tickets to upgrade them.

CleveRocks
08-01-2011, 09:07 PM
Effective August 3, 2011, there is one new rule in the upgrade area ... once a ticket is totally used up, it is no longer able to be upgraded or added to (even if you are still within that 14-day window).

But you can certainly do the upgrade at any time before that. Your ticket will be stripped off of your Key To The World card (APs can't be coded onto KTTW cards) but you'll still use your KTTW card as your hotel room key, dining credit holder, and (if you opted for it) room charge card.

Cinderelley
08-01-2011, 09:30 PM
Just wanted to say :congrats:

jonahbear2006
08-01-2011, 11:49 PM
We had no problem upgrading to APs once our package exploded at check in. Once you check in, your tickets have nothing to do with your room or dining.

Wells
08-02-2011, 08:14 AM
Thanks to everyone for your comments!
Hopefully, we can get our drivers license in the two weeks before our visit!
Now if the free dining offer comes through tommorrow, that will just be the icing on the cake!!!!!:D

Goofy4TheWorld
08-02-2011, 08:49 AM
Effective August 3, 2011, there is one new rule in the upgrade area ... once a ticket is totally used up, it is no longer able to be upgraded or added to (even if you are still within that 14-day window).

WHAT! Sounds like step one in the process of Disney tightening the noose on it's loose upgrade rules. :(

DizneyRox
08-02-2011, 10:47 AM
New Rule:

Do you happen to know if it's used up as soon as you put it in the turnstyle, or can you still upgrade that day once inside the park.

I really don't get a good feeling from TWDC anymore like I used to. These decisions don't seem all that big, if that's the case, then why bother. Must happen more than you think, and by implementing this, you know full well they intend on enforcing it ($85 for a one day ticket vs $4 for an upgrade).

I know if it were me, I'd just walk...

CleveRocks
08-02-2011, 10:34 PM
Good question, and sorry I didn't clarify. The ticket is still "live" on the day you use the last entitlement, even outside a park.

So, for example, you buy a 5-day base ticket, and on the fifth day you use it to enter a theme park, you go to Magic Kingdom and leave MK late afternoon. That evening, you go to Downtown Disney and after dinner you decide that you still want another day in a park. So after dinner you go to DTD's Guest Relations site and you upgrade that ticket by adding a day to it for $8.52 (or whatever the exact price is now)... you're able to do it because it's within the same calendar day in which you used the last entitlement on the ticket.

Goofy4TheWorld
08-07-2011, 09:32 PM
Because I like details...

Am I correct in interpreting this ridiculous new rule to mean that if you have purchased the WP&M option that you still have an upgradeable ticket if you have WP&M entires left even if there are no park days left?

If not this rule gets even worse. :(

CleveRocks
08-08-2011, 08:48 PM
ANY entitlement left on the ticket means the ticket is still alive and eligible for an upgrade. So even if all the theme park days are used up, if you still have at least one WPF&M admission on the ticket then you can still do an upgrade (within that 14 day window, of course).

magicofdisney
08-08-2011, 09:02 PM
I know if it were me, I'd just walk...
Same here, amigo...

Not only that, how many individuals actually do this? I cannot fathom a family even considering it. :confused: