PDA

View Full Version : Preordering photopass

TheVBs
08-01-2011, 09:42 AM
How early do you do this? Also, has anyone gotten the photobook? How many pages do get? Thanks! :mickey:

Grumpy.
08-01-2011, 11:26 AM
I wouldn't bother ordering a photopass, just grab one from the first photographer to take your picture. You can use a bunch of photopasses and link them all together on Disney's photopass website. (hint: I usually either write down the photopass number, or take a picture of it with my own camera in case I lose it). The photos only last about 30 days on the website so be sure to edit them right away when you get home.

We had a photobook done after last years trip and it's great! I would recommend really taking your time and edit the photos to make them exactly how you want, then start creating the photobook. I got everyone's help making it and it was great family time creating the pages. We added hidden Mickeys all throughout our book!

As for the number of pages, It comes with 20 pages, but you can add up to 40 more.

Hope this helps!

TheVBs
08-01-2011, 01:14 PM
Thanks so much! :mickey:

I should have said "Photopass CD". I'm wondering how far in advance to preorder that.

I'm also curious about how people liked the photobook through Disney's Photopass site. Sounds like you really liked yours Grumpy, good to know! Have you done photobooks on other sites, and if so, how do you feel Disney's compared to those?

brivers222
08-01-2011, 02:07 PM
I am wondering the same thing... Its great to save $50 off price of the CD by ordering in advance. I am guessing you can do it anytime up until your arrival date... you wouldn't get the CD until you are done with your trip, right?

Once i get the CD i am going to go Costco and build my own photobook for a fraction of the price disney charges. Maybe even find a good picture and have them put it on canvas

Disney Doll
08-01-2011, 04:33 PM
Now that I have gotten more into photography myself I am more aware of how inexperienced some of the photo pass photographers seem. We've had some fabulous photopass shots and some not so good photopass shots. It's really hit or miss of late and it's unfortunate because my experience had been pretty good in the past. Because of that DH and I will take the majority of the photos ourselves. I really love the shutterfly photo books so I think we'll do that this time. They won't have the Disney themes, but I figure we'll have enough Disney in our photos.

TheVBs
08-01-2011, 06:52 PM
Brivers, I think you're right, as long as I order before our check in date, I think I'm ok. Although I don't think I'll leave it quite that late. And, yes, you get the CD after you get back, view and edit your Photopass photos. I thought it was well worth it for the price! We had over 300 photos after I made copies with embellishments. We were so happy with it because they got some really great shots. We completely blanked on using our own camera when we met the Fairies and the Princesses, so if it weren't for the Photopass CMs we wouldn't have any pictures of that. They also got some shots I would have never thought of, like taking a picture of DH while he was taking a picture of the DDs with a character.

Definitely the Disney photobook is much more expensive than at any other site I've used. It would be great to have all the Disney themeing, but the discounted price for 20 pages is what I would pay for a large book with additional pages elsewhere. Can anyone comment on the layouts? I think I read the maximum number of photos on one page is just 4? I would really welcome any detailed description of how it works.

NJGIRL
08-02-2011, 03:01 PM
Now that I have gotten more into photography myself I am more aware of how inexperienced some of the photo pass photographers seem. We've had some fabulous photopass shots and some not so good photopass shots. It's really hit or miss of late.

I totally agree with this. It's really is hit or miss. I have a very good camera and find that my pictures come out more crisp and clean than the Disney photographers most of the time. I am not putting them down but these people are not photographers, they are people hired to take pictures, there is a difference. I have ordered the photopass in the past, but will now only order it if the occasion calls for it, like if we have mulltiple trips within the window (so we get more for our money) or like last year when we took my 5 year old niece for the first time and we did alot of "special princess things" with her.