PDA

View Full Version : Soarin & guest using an ECV

Dyanna
08-01-2011, 09:42 AM
This will be my mothers 1st time in WDW & due to her medical condition she must utilize a ECV for the trip. How does one get into Soarin with one of these? Will she be able to take elevator down to ride entrance with the ECV or will she have to park it outside the building? She is unable to walk long distances or stand for a period of time without having problems.

Disney4us2
08-01-2011, 09:55 AM
Your mom can take the ECV with her. The elevator is on the left side near the Garden Grill. I found it easier to back my ECV in. That way you just drive out. The ECV can go in line with you, and into the ride. They will have you park it in between the sections of seats. I find it easier to enter the ride from row 3, which is the bottom row. Have fun.

PETE FROM NYC
08-01-2011, 05:49 PM
Your mom can take the ECV with her. The elevator is on the left side near the Garden Grill. I found it easier to back my ECV in. That way you just drive out. The ECV can go in line with you, and into the ride. They will have you park it in between the sections of seats. I find it easier to enter the ride from row 3, which is the bottom row. Have fun.

I totally agree.
DW and I are both ECV users.
We do not leave our ECVs until we are ready to be seated in the bottom row. The ECVs get parked about 10 ft from our seats.

Renfairwedding
08-01-2011, 10:22 PM
I agree with the other posters, it’s easy to get your ECV in to the ride.

Just a hint....

If you’re the second person in line (or more) for the elevator and it seems like a real long time and the doors have not open make sure someone has pressed the call button.

Yes it’s a slow elevator but there are times there is no one going up or down so the car dose not return without pressing the button.

It happens all the time. Well to me

steamboat willy
08-07-2011, 10:00 AM
So.....you don't have to walk/ride the winding entrance ramp with others to ride soaring?
Where does the elevator let you re-enter the ride que?

Renfairwedding
08-07-2011, 10:20 PM
The elevator only brings you to the lower floor were the ride entrance is located. You enter the ride with your ECV in the regular line or fast pass line if you have a pass.

When you get to the head of the line a CM will help you to the right place to park and transfer to the ride.