PDA

View Full Version : All Star Music Family Suites

SharaLynn
08-01-2011, 12:44 AM
Hi! We are finally planning our next WDW trip for March 2012. This is an exciting trip as it is our last big family trip before our oldest son graduates from high school! There are four of us: Me, DH, DS 18 & DS 14.....after lots of debate I think we have settled on ASMu/suites due to space and cost.....what can all of you tell me about it? We stayed at ASMo last trip and was great, but I am wondering specifically about the suites. I found so much helpful info here while planning before, and I am so happy to have this resource again!!! Everyone here is wonderful! :mickey:

WDWCrazyKaren
08-02-2011, 08:30 AM
I think you will love the family suites! So much nicer than a single room there. Remember though, you can usually get TWO rooms for less than the cost of the family suite at ASMu (they do have connecting rooms). The up side to the family suites is that they have a kitchen. If your teenage boys eat as much as ours, that kitchen would be a MUST! With the two rooms instead of the family suite, having two actual beds is more comfortable than the bedding they have in the suites. Neither of our kids were happy with the fold our chair thing. Either way, you will love it and have a great time.

nfrustaci
08-02-2011, 09:52 AM
remember its not really a kitchen, it is a kitchenette. small frig, coffee pot, sink and microwave. paper towels, paper plates, plastic utensils. all of it is great for heating stuff. have a great trip.

LVT
08-03-2011, 07:46 AM
Sounds good. We have 2 grown sons and did the connecting rooms at POP in May. That was very comfortable.. Someone may correct me, but I did not do the suites because I understood them to seldom have discounts. We have been lucky with discounts, I like to spend more on food.

IamBelle
08-03-2011, 07:23 PM
I LOVE the ASMu suites!! I will be there again in 2 weeks!! I love the close location to the pool and the food court and the room is very spacious. The fold out beds are a little unconfortable (you can sort of feel the springs) but I slept on those for about 10 days and lived to tell about it! The kitchenette is stocked with plates and utensils which is great when eating your leftovers! The best part is the fridge that comes with the room...no extra cost!! Have fun and enjoy your vacation!!

wdwluv
08-04-2011, 10:04 AM
I don't know if it's ALWAYS the case, but at least for this November 2011, the family suite IS NOT discounted for Annual Passholders. So the PP comment seems it could very well be that those rooms are never or rarely discounted. I know I had grabbed my reservation right away when I knew we were going, because I heard they fill up fast. That would explain why they never have to discount them. My TA told me I could save nearly $1000 bucks if I booked two rooms instead! (with my AP discount) But unfortunately our family situation, can't risk NOT getting a connecting room.

SharaLynn
08-05-2011, 07:32 PM
Thank you all for the feedback! The suggestion for connecting rooms has me researching more ideas....and planning is most of the fun! Thanks again!

rmsongs
08-13-2011, 08:19 AM
If it's anything like the suites @ CSR, I'd do connecting rooms. When we stayed there, we had 2 refrigerators and real beds in the connecting rooms. The 'suite' was just conecting rooms, but only 1 fridge and a Murphy bed in the second room. I seem to remember the connecting rooms being cheaper, as well, but it was also an earlier trip, so maybe that's why.