PDA

View Full Version : Dining questions

Disney Hungarian
07-31-2011, 10:15 PM
I am taking mom back to WDW again. This time I have the DP. The last 2 times I took here we had the QS plan. She has a brain injury from an accident and has dementia and Alzheimers. She is a picky eater at times. I want to give her some happy moments while we are there.

She loves fireworks, but since her accident loud noises terrify her. I took her to the La Hacienda de San Angel in October and watched the fireworks from inside and she loved it.

I was wondering if there are other restaurants that have firework viewing from inside. And also any other suggestions for reservations that you may have.

I have a ressie for dinner at Akershus since she loves the princesses (disney is very real to her)

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Only 55 days out. But I can and will hit the reservations site every hour on the hour till I get the ones I need for her.

Thanks in advance.
Sean

Disney4us2
07-31-2011, 10:33 PM
There is Tokyo Dining in the Japan Pavilion. Last trip we had a window table at lunch. Great view of WS lagoon. Food is good too.

Disney Hungarian
07-31-2011, 10:35 PM
There is Tokyo Dining in the Japan Pavilion. Last trip we had a window table at lunch. Great view of WS lagoon. Food is good too.

Cool, Thanks for that! I will check for availability.

SBETigg
07-31-2011, 10:49 PM
The Illuminations view from Tokyo Dining is good, mostly from window seats-- and even then, the actual view is obstructed a bit. Really not the best, and only if you can get it (which is not guaranteed). But considering your circumstances, it's probably worth a shot. The other option is Rose and Crown, but again not guaranteed and the prime viewing is actually outdoors. The pricier Bistro de Paris has a few tables with views, but some obstruction like at Tokyo Dining.

For Wishes, you can try California Grill, Narcoossee's, Citricos, or 'Ohana. And again, at all of these, the view from inside is not guaranteed but possible. California Grill is the best bet in this case. Citricos has very few with a view, and at Narcoossee's and 'Ohana, more limited tables with views (and some potential obstruction).

You're really sweet to do this with your mom, and I hope you have good luck with it and a magical trip.

Disney Hungarian
07-31-2011, 10:59 PM
Thank you Sherri,
Mom loves California grille for cocktails. I took her up to show her the view last December. I will keep trying to score a table for 8-8:30.

Pirate Granny
07-31-2011, 10:59 PM
My grandsons are afraid of loud noises. I brought foam earplugs that mold to your ears. We were front and center for illuminations and they didn't flinch.

Disney Hungarian
07-31-2011, 11:12 PM
My grandsons are afraid of loud noises. I brought foam earplugs that mold to your ears. We were front and center for illuminations and they didn't flinch.

Thats a fantastic idea!!! She handled Wishes better than Illuminations last year. Maybe with the earplugs she can enjoy Wishes more. The blankety blank inferno barge was her undoing at Illuminations last December. I made the mistake of having her front and center of the "handi-capable" section at the front of the lagoon. Maybe at the back of the lagoon with earplugs might work for Illuminations too. Or I can take her to the bridge between the Beach Club and the Boardwalk inn. Is that a good viewing area?

clausjo
08-05-2011, 03:49 PM
We were at Nine Dragons in February during Illuminations and could really see quite a bit. There are several tables by the windows that I'm sure you could request. We've never had any issue getting a walk in reservation there.

On a different note, I think what you're doing for your mom is wonderful! I know I treasure every trip I can take with my parents, especially my mom who is chair bound and very limited on what she can do anymore. :thumbsup: