PDA

View Full Version : Pics and Thoughts About Strollers?

mickeys_princess_mom
07-31-2011, 02:48 PM
Can you please direct me to a current picture of the rental strollers at WDW? :princess: will be a year old, and is tall...Would you recommend renting, bringing own, umbrella?....
:baby: Thanks!

Strmchsr
07-31-2011, 05:47 PM
Unless you're only staying 1 or 2 days I would definitely recommend bringing your own. It's a little bit of a hassle, but for the price of renting you could buy a super nice one. Generally umbrella strollers work very well. Especially easy for getting on and off the buses.

mickeys_princess_mom
07-31-2011, 05:56 PM
That's the direction we're leaning toward. :mickey:Thanks! :wave:

DisneyMom12
07-31-2011, 06:47 PM
I bought a chicco Light Weight Umbrella Stroller for my last trip 3 years ago. It's was so easy on and off the buses, has a little recline for sleeping, and rides great. It became my favorite stroller, the one I use everyday. I'm using it again in a few weeks when we are back with my youngest son.

mickeys_princess_mom
07-31-2011, 08:29 PM
:thanks::mickey:

jonahbear2006
08-01-2011, 12:58 AM
we really love the jogger strollers. we have a double jogger stroller and the best part about it is the way it folds and that we can pretty much leave stuff in the basket without stuff falling out. Also the buckles in the back that release to lay the seat down are the perfect place to put your disney mugs when not in use. just clip them in and no more carrying them on and off the buses. also has a couple of spots to clip carabingers . The kids are comfy and it accomodates a larger child if the older kids just get plum exhausted. We put all 4 kids on it once to make it to a ressie in time and no problems. They also dry faster than other strollers if you get caught in the rain

BrerGnat
08-01-2011, 09:19 AM
With a one year old, definitely bring your own. The Disney ones are hard plastic that do not recline. Not ideal for a baby.

I'd also recommend the lightest weight umbrella you can find with a recline, small basket, good sunshade, and RAIN COVER. I love Maclarens. My favorite one was the Triumph. For a little more than the cost of renting a WDW stroller for a week, you can buy one of these and it will give you many more years of use. I'd also recommend ditching the "diaper bag" and just using a backpack. While you are pushing the stroller, you can sling the pack over the handles, and when its time to get the baby out and get on a bus, ride, or whatever, just grab the backpack and go.

sommer
08-01-2011, 11:35 AM
We rented one from a stroller rental company. It was great - it was at the resort when we arrived, we used it all week and just left it at the desk when we left. It was a great stroller too - very easy to fold up for the busses - comfortable for both of my sons (7 & 2.5) - nice recline when my younger DS fell asleep. One thing that I'm glad I did was I brought a scarf to tie on the handle - they all look the same when you're trying to find it parked next to hundreds of others.

Melanie
08-01-2011, 11:53 AM
Our stroller page at Info Central (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/children/strollers.asp) has pics of the current strollers and weighing the pros and cons of renting or bringing your own. :)

azcavalier
08-01-2011, 12:33 PM
The last couple of years, we just bought a WalMart umbrella stroller. They fold up so they don't take up any space on Disney Transportation, and unlike the park's rental strollers, you don't have to leave them in the parks. And if you're flying, and don't want to check it, then give it away when you head home. It only costs around $20, which is cheaper than if you had rented them.

Disney Doll
08-01-2011, 04:38 PM
I say bring your own if for the recline feature alone. A lot of the smaller/cheap umbrellas don't recline. Our most favorite Disney stroller was a Chicco Lightway. It's compact and light, but with many of the features of a full-size stroller. I've been seriously considering a Chicco Lightway double even though my older son probably won't use a stroller outside of Disney because the thought of going with a different stroller is just hard. We have a sit-n-stand that we used last time, but it was quite a bit more cumbersome.

diz_girl
08-03-2011, 02:33 PM
Another vote for the Maclaren Triumph. The handles are high, which is nice so you're not crouching down to push. Plus, the wheels are far enough in front that you're not kicking the wheels all of the time. It does recline a bit, there is a basket and sunshade, and it comes with its own rain hood. While it can be considered expensive for an umbrella stroller, it was worth the money.

We used ours at WDW when DS4 was almost 18 months and it worked out well for us. We used it a lot before and after our trip and it will be going with us to WDW again in November when our youngest DS will be 10 months.

Buttercup
08-04-2011, 10:41 PM
I refuse to rent strollers from Disney anymore. Their prices don't make sense. The last I checked (and this was a while ago so I'm sure it's even more $$$ now) it was something like $15 for a single stroller per day, and $31 for a double. Explain that to me: why is a double more expensive than renting 2 singles? :confused:
Anyway, we rent now from either Orlando Stroller Rental or Kingdom Strollers and they deliver the stroller right to our hotel, for waaaaaaaay less money for the entire week, and they come pick them up from the hotel front desk on the day we check out. That way we get to use the strollers our whole vacation, not just in the parks, and we don't have to lug ours to and from our home.
Also, just a note, the strollers we rent easily fit bigger kids (my son was 6 last year and still gets tired - he fit in just fine). The double stroller can hold up to 100 lbs which is two large kids! Anyway, it's definitely another option. You'll see a lot of people at the parks pushing around strollers from third party companies.

tennantsrwe
08-05-2011, 12:56 PM
I personally do not like the Disney strollers. I think they're bulky and do not look comfortable at all. In addition they sit very low to the ground so most kids are riding around all day either looking up or looking at ppls behinds. Besides that they are OUTRAGEOUS to rent!! There are reputable stroller rental agencies in Orlando that have nicer strollers at better prices. Most all of them deliver and pick up from your resort, home, etc for no charge. Great way to take advantage of the stroller but not have to worry about transporting it. We also choose this option bc our DD ususally doesn't need a stroller, so buying one isn't necessary. I personally reccomend Kingdom Strollers. They have a larger jogger type stroller called the City Elite that is for taller/bigger children. Rates are the best I've found too.

mickeys_princess_mom
08-07-2011, 09:18 PM
Thanks to all of you! This has been helpful!