PDA

View Full Version : Park Pass Expiration?

WDWgoofy
07-30-2011, 10:09 PM
Need confirmation--

If I purchase a park pass (such as a 7 day ParkHopper) and do not make an initial visit will it still be fully valid as a 7day ParkHopper a year or more later?

I thought this might be a way for me to spread out the expense of a future WDW vacation without knowing exactly when I will go.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
07-30-2011, 11:47 PM
As long as you don't use it, it's good forever. Once you use it for the first time, it you didn't buy the non-expiration option, it will expire 14 days from the date of first use.

And it's always good to buy it when you can afford it, because the prices go up periodically but your pass will still be valid for however many days you bought it for, regardless of any increases in price.

WDWgoofy
07-31-2011, 07:46 AM
Thanks, that is what I thought.

Mfarquar
07-31-2011, 08:19 AM
It' IS good if you can do it. My uncle bought multi-day passes back in 1989 (give or take a year) and planned to go back a few years late. Turns out he didn't make it back until 2003, but boy did he save a lot of money when he actually used them!

DizneyRox
07-31-2011, 08:34 AM
Considering typical interest rates (sub 1%) and Disney's price increases (10%+) , one might even be able to qualify buying tickets as an investment.

Buy tickets as early as you can afford them, and or check here daily. Disney gives about two days notice of price increases, and I wouldnt be surprised if we saw another this year. I don't think one is coming, but it wouldn't surprise me.