PDA

View Full Version : Blizzard Beach and the lazy river at Typhoon

Roland
07-30-2011, 09:30 PM
It's been quite a few years since I've been to Typhoon Lagoon. At that times they did not have a lazy river like Blizzard Beach.

Are they compatible or is one preferred over the other?

Roland
07-30-2011, 09:31 PM
I been there exactly three times, twice in one year, once the next and I think it wasn't 100% running.

Dsnygirl
07-31-2011, 01:15 AM
Blizzard Beach has Cross Country Creek, Typhoon Lagoon has Castaway Creek. Both run the perimeter of their respective water parks, but I'm not sure which one is longer. (Castaway Creek is 2000 ft long... not sure about CCC)

I think the choice b/w the two comes down to the ambience... TL has more shade and more palm trees... much more tropical. BB is more polar caves and concrete covered to look like snow... much more open and to us, a bit less relaxing just by 'look'.

I think you'll have fun no matter which one you choose, though...:)

sixshot19
07-31-2011, 01:22 AM
I've been to both several times. I prefer Typhoon. Especially the huge wave pool....watch out when the horn blows...

iceicebritney
07-31-2011, 07:37 AM
The ice cold showers that happen a few times during your cruise at blizzard beaches lazy river are my least favorite part. I try to avoid them, but so does everyone else!

Mfarquar
07-31-2011, 08:25 AM
Blizzard Beach's lazy river (Cross Country Creek) is 3,000 feet long. Maybe that's why it always feels less crowded to me? I used to think it was wider, but maybe it's just longer so it spreads out the crowd more...

I for one love the cold water that runs over the entrance of the cavern at CCC. Disney's water is always kept at least 80 degrees. On especially hot days, the cold water splash feels GOOD! :)

MarkC
07-31-2011, 08:48 AM
Both are awesome and sometimes I even confuse the two. You'll really love either one.

syndrome
08-03-2011, 10:55 PM
Just returned from a great trip.....we did both water parks...the lazy river at TL was much more relaxing than BB's lazy river. Both are great though!