PDA

View Full Version : Florida resident question

docswife
07-30-2011, 10:39 AM
Does a part time Florida resident (like snowbirds) qualify for Florida resident discounts?

Anyone have any experience with this? What type of Id is required?

Melanie
07-30-2011, 11:01 AM
Directly from the Disney World website:

Florida Resident Tickets:
Proof of a Florida residential address is required. For each adult ticket purchased, you may provide any of the following:

•Valid Florida driver's license
•Valid Florida state-issued ID card (must have a Florida address)
•Valid Florida-based military ID

The persons who will use the Florida Resident adult tickets must be present at the time of ticket pick up. If you do not have one of the IDs indicated above, then for each adult ticket purchased you must provide one of the following dated within the last two months and evidencing a Florida residential address together with a corresponding picture ID (passport, driver's license, state identification card):

•Monthly mortgage statement
•Florida vehicle registration or title
•Homeowner's insurance policy or bill
•Automobile insurance policy or bill
•Utility bill
•Mail from a financial institution, including checking, savings, or investment account statement
•Mail from a Federal, State, County or City government agency

Bills can be no more than two (2) months old. PO Boxes are not accepted as proof of residency. Current bills printed from electronic versions are acceptable, though photocopies and fax copies are not.

Renfairwedding
07-30-2011, 11:04 AM
All Florida Resident Tickets Require Proof of Residency

Proof of Florida residency is required -- you must provide any one of the following:

For full-time Florida residents:
Valid Florida driver's license

Valid Florida state-issued ID card (must have Florida address)

Florida-based military ID

For part-time Florida residents:

Must have a driver's license or state photo ID card from another state, or a non-US Passport and at least one of the following items which does show a Florida address:
•Monthly mortgage statement

Current homeowner's insurance policy or bill, current automobile registration, insurance policy or bill or current utility bill (Power/Phone/Cable/Water).

•Statement from a financial institution showing checking, savings or investment information or mail from a Federal or Florida State, County or City government agency.

TheRustyScupper
07-30-2011, 12:09 PM
. . . Monthly mortgage statement . . . Current homeowner's insurance policy or bill . . . current utility bill . . .

1) And, nope, timeshare or interval ownership doesn't count.
2) However, a true "second home" make
3) They are very careful about this.
4) After all, Orlando is THE timeshare capital of the world.

January-2007
07-30-2011, 10:02 PM
I had been wondering about this, sometime in the future if we could buy a second home in Florida if we could get the discount. Very nice!

CanadianWDWFan
07-30-2011, 10:26 PM
My parents have their Florida State ID cards. They own their place and were able to get the card. They have to renew it every year. They were able to use the card and get a Florida resident discount on their reservation.

Rinkaknap
01-30-2014, 09:52 AM
My In-laws are Florida Residents and they wanted to buy our kids Disney passes as gifts. They aren't going to go to Disney with us, so my FIL wanted to know if when he goes to AAA he should tell them that and not take the Fl resident discount? He doesn't want to do anything wrong and we don't want to have a hassle at the gate (hassle not worth it for any discount)....thanks

PopPhan
01-30-2014, 11:00 AM
My In-laws are Florida Residents and they wanted to buy our kids Disney passes as gifts. They aren't going to go to Disney with us, so my FIL wanted to know if when he goes to AAA he should tell them that and not take the Fl resident discount? He doesn't want to do anything wrong and we don't want to have a hassle at the gate (hassle not worth it for any discount)....thanks

If they are purchasing MYW standard (with or without Park Hopper and/or Water Park options) tickets/vouchers there probably wouldn't be a problem using the FL Resident discount, as these are not coded to a persons name/biometrics until first use. Annual Passes, on the other hand, would be a no-go in that the user would need to produce the proper ID to activate.

I could be wrong about this, and the new MagicBand situation may have changed the rules........I would definitely contact ticketing to be sure.

Rinkaknap
01-30-2014, 11:09 AM
Thanks! Not AP but will check with ticketing to be sure!