PDA

View Full Version : Best breakfast?

Katzateer
07-30-2011, 08:13 AM
Outside of the parks what is your favorite place to eat breakfast and why?

Ours is Kona's and everything is so good but the Tonga Toast rules!

DVC2004
07-30-2011, 10:27 AM
Kona for us too. We usually have breakfast in our room but every so many trips we make one breakfast stop, and it's always Kona. Great way to start the day especially if you are heading to MK.

SBETigg
07-30-2011, 10:45 AM
Grand Floridian Cafe. Lobster eggs benedict. Or I would love to try breakfast at Kouzzina or Boma. But we're not big breakfast people. We usually do big dinners or lunches and just grab and go at breakfast.

MinnieMommie
07-30-2011, 10:54 AM
Kona is our favorite because every breakfast entree is delicious, each person in my family has a favorite and because the the French press pot of Kona coffee is an amazing treat! It is our one must do breakfast on each trip. (btw - you can get the Tonga Toast at the quick service venue at the Poly)

We also enjoy the breakfast at 1900 Park Fare and think it is a character breakfast with good food quality. We always had breakfast there when my children were young and still do each time my youngest is with us because it is her favorite.

Captains Grill has a nice (good tasting and selection) and very reasonably priced breakfast buffet and their regular breakfast selections are good too.

My kids like the CS options at the CR, WL and SSR. I'm sure there are others but these come to mind quickly. :mickey:

disneycutie165
07-30-2011, 12:19 PM
Roaring Fork in the Wilderness Lodge. Nothing makes my family feel more at home than walking down that long hallway to the Roaring Fork!

iceicebritney
07-30-2011, 12:29 PM
Chef Mickeys:mickey: Good food and good company! Mmm, thisbpost makes me hungry for Mickey Mouse waffles

akaDisneyDreamer
07-30-2011, 12:34 PM
Kona is the best in my book too, (ate there for the first time last year) which leads me to ask this question ... we are staying at AKL on our next trip, and want to have at least one breakfast at Kona Cafe. How do we get there from our resort, and how much time should we allow for travel so we can make our ressies?

Thanks! :mickey:

missymouseworld
07-30-2011, 01:11 PM
We really enjoyed the breakfast buffet at the Captain's Grille at the Yacht Club. There is lots of variety and it was really yummy! Also, it wasn't overly packed and loud/busy.

ElenitaB
07-30-2011, 04:40 PM
Kouzzina offers a pretty awesome breakfast: their waffles look fabulous (a friend had them) and the turkey sweet potato hash had me begging for the recipe.

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-30-2011, 10:31 PM
So far it would be Kona for us...we had Tonga toast, Big Kahuna breakfast and steak and eggs and everything even the coffee was excellent:)

brivers222
07-31-2011, 12:28 AM
Our most favorite is Ohana

on this next trip we are going to the following for breakfast:

Ohana (x2)
CRT
Boma
Akershus

So far I have been to everyone except CRT and Ohana has had the best food and enjoyment.

Katzateer
07-31-2011, 06:39 AM
CRT is great for the atmosphere but don't be looking for an outstanding meal. It is just ok

HackLaSalle
08-01-2011, 11:56 AM
I will double whichever poster said 1900 Park Fare delicious food and pretty fun character interaction.

I will put in Crockett's Tavern and Crystal Palace in here as well as I enjoyed both of those.

I love the breakfast buffets. Load up on a big breakfast and you can eat a light lunch and dinner at the park. It'll keep you nice and energized to plow through the day.

jonahbear2006
08-01-2011, 12:23 PM
Boma. their breakfast is typical american fare and yet it is superb. Theres no suprises here, like there is for dinner so those who are a little skeptical of this restaurant should start with breakfast. They have the jungle juice you can get at tusker house and also they have a diff kind of french toast. it is all yummo!

FutureCorpsFan
08-01-2011, 12:30 PM
Boma is pretty good/exotic. Cape May Cafe used to be good but I've noticed a drop off over the past years..

dizneydeb22
08-01-2011, 01:45 PM
Kona is the best in my book too, (ate there for the first time last year) which leads me to ask this question ... we are staying at AKL on our next trip, and want to have at least one breakfast at Kona Cafe. How do we get there from our resort, and how much time should we allow for travel so we can make our ressies?

Thanks! :mickey:

You would have to take a bus to one of the parks(Magic Kingdom always works for us) and then a bus or monorail to the poly. If you don't mind the few extra dollars you can always take a cab.
Enjoy!:eat:

Minnie_Mouse
08-01-2011, 03:40 PM
I personally really like Chef Mickey's. i love the waffles. And the characters that come to our table, it's the best way to get autographs from Mickey and Minnie.:mickey:

Tinkerbella16
08-01-2011, 04:18 PM
Kona is my absolute favorite for breakfast.. not only is it at my favorite resort, the food is just sooo good! Love the Tonga Toast, pancakes, omelets.. everything!! The Kona pressed coffee is always a must too!!

It is a tradition for me to visit the Poly on every single trip more than once for a meal or to just take in the atmosphere.

I am a Mickey Waffle lover too so I really love O'hana also since its all you can eat style. Chef Mickeys would be a very close 2nd. The location and food is just great!! :mickey:

akaDisneyDreamer
08-04-2011, 11:17 PM
You would have to take a bus to one of the parks(Magic Kingdom always works for us) and then a bus or monorail to the poly. If you don't mind the few extra dollars you can always take a cab.
Enjoy!:eat:

Thanks Debbie!

Anyone done this know about how much time I should allow for travel? We would be using the bus/monorail. If ressie is for, say, 8:00 a.m., when should I leave AKL to get there on time?

Joannelet
08-05-2011, 08:37 AM
I love Boma. The breakfast was the best I ever had. I also enjoyed 1900 Park Fare and its a character breakfast. I am going to have to try Kona now since so many people recommended it. We have been there for dinner and loved it.

Melanie
08-05-2011, 08:46 AM
It's Poly all the way for us - we love Kona and Ohana. :lei:

darthmacho
08-05-2011, 10:41 AM
Outside the parks, I'd go with the Wilderness Lodge. Whispering Canyon was a hoot and a holler every morning. We had a character breakfast at Artist Point way back in 98, but I don't think they serve breakfast any more. :(

TheDuckRocks
08-05-2011, 11:57 AM
Thanks Debbie!

Anyone done this know about how much time I should allow for travel? We would be using the bus/monorail. If ressie is for, say, 8:00 a.m., when should I leave AKL to get there on time?

When we go to an 8 AM breakfast ADR we try to get to the bus stop at 6:45 AM as the busses don't start running until a few minutes before 7. With the transfer to the monorail it will take you a good hour to get from AKL to Ohanna.

VWL Mom
08-05-2011, 02:25 PM
We had a character breakfast at Artist Point way back in 98, but I don't think they serve breakfast any more. :(

The Pocahontas breakfast was my favorite, probably because my boys were babies then and we made so many memories there.

Now it's Kona with steak and eggs for them and Kona Coffee for me.

Tinkerbella16
08-05-2011, 03:30 PM
Outside the parks, I'd go with the Wilderness Lodge. Whispering Canyon was a hoot and a holler every morning. We had a character breakfast at Artist Point way back in 98, but I don't think they serve breakfast any more. :(

you just answered one the questions I've been asking myself for a few years now.. I remember going to a character breakfast at the WL in 1995 when I was 9 years old and I have a picture of Pluto giving me a small figurine as a gift for giving him a bone that one of the waitors handed to me to give to him. It wasn't Whispering Canyon bc the backround of the pic did not look like WCC at all.. I said to myself, "no way it was Artist Point bc that is signature dining place now".. and well it was afterall!! Thanks! :mickey:

buzznwoodysmom
08-05-2011, 06:52 PM
Kona and Ohana's for us all the way!

jonahbear2006
08-05-2011, 08:28 PM
Grand Floridian cafe! Food is excellent, management there is some of the best on property, and its so tranquil. its a lovely way to start the day.

HoosierDisneyFan
08-06-2011, 10:48 AM
Grand Floridian Cafe :thumbsup:

We had an excellent breakfast there this past December and it was not too crowded or noisy.

:chef:

brownie
08-06-2011, 12:16 PM
Our favorite is Goofy's Beach Bash at Cape May Cafe. We like the atmosphere and the food, and it's never real crowded first thing in the morning.

Boatwright's was on our list until they discontinued breakfast there. I really like their banana-stuffed french toast.