PDA

View Full Version : Port Orleans Riverside - Extra Entertainment

Kuzco
07-29-2011, 03:11 PM
Staying at PORR next year,
Can anyone tell me if they have any extra entertainment at the resort. Example... Do they have outside movies , campfires or games by the pool ? and I read something about Piano Bob and catch and release fishing. The resort looks awesome and we can't wait to stay there !! If they have extras that would just make it better. Look forward to any responses.
Thanks
Kuzco

missymouseworld
07-29-2011, 03:59 PM
When we stayed there they had bikes you could rent, or surreys, and they had a horse and carriage ride (by appointment only) in the evening. At the main pool, they did have some pool games. The main building houses an arcade. The nice thing about POR is that you can take a boat ride to DTD to shop, or just enjoy the ride. By the main building, there is a booth that you can get your hair braided for a fee. There are small boats/large boats to rent for a fee in the marina area.

Don't know if I am missing anything besides the fishing....

Enjoy your trip and enjoy POR. It is a really nice resort.

buzznwoodysmom
07-29-2011, 04:11 PM
We've stayed at POR once, and POFQ once. During both trips we swam at POR and they didn't have pool games on the days we swam. POFQ seemed to have pool games almost everyday tho, so you could always hop over if that's the case. You can use both pools, as they are considered "sister" resorts.

wickedgin
07-30-2011, 05:54 PM
I've read that they do poolside movies, but I saw no evidence of that when we were there in June 2010.

texas211
07-30-2011, 06:42 PM
Not really entertainment, but there are some random critters running around like rabbits and lizards that kids like to keep an eye out for.

sainter
07-30-2011, 07:11 PM
We have seen poolside games for the kids on occasion. There may be a schedule for this. There is also a campfire (on the island) with smores "seasonally".