PDA

View Full Version : Only able to go one day, what would you do?

Disneymom4ever
07-29-2011, 10:58 AM
We are dropping my son at college next month (which happens to be 1 hr. from Disney :mickey:), and to make this easier on me, I've decided to throw Disney into the mix. I actually booked 2 nights at the Beach Club, but we've only got one park day. (Leftover tix from last trip). I've never gone just one day! I'm not sure how to handle that! They are parkhoppers, but is it wise to waste park time hopping? Just curious what others would do, I think I'm going to be so emotional this trip I'm not even sure Disney can help! :(

Dulcee
07-29-2011, 11:23 AM
If it was me I'd do Magic Kingdom in the morning through lunch then hop on over to EPCOT to get things done there and then dinner somewhere in world showcase.

I agree though, 1 day would be rough!

mdricks
07-29-2011, 11:36 AM
Congrats on your son's achievement and best wishes for his future!! :party:

In your shoes I would make frequent visits to see him (along with the mandatory stop off at Diz on the way!)

I have done a ton of one days and have always done them "commando" style. 4 parks in one day can actually be a ton of fun if getting rides in is your thing. If I was going to do a "lazy day" I would ride at MK until tired and then head to Epcot for afternoon/dinner.

:number1:

disneymom15
07-29-2011, 11:54 AM
For me, I'd think about what ride or attraction puts the biggest smile on my face. Hands down, Toy Story Mania. So, I'd do DHS in the morning, hop over to Epcot or MK.

Maleficent_vf
07-29-2011, 11:54 AM
I would focus on Epcot (mostly World Showcase) - since your staying at the Beach Club...though I wouldn't rule out a nice monorail ride over the MK at some point in the day! And I'd make an ADR for one of the great restaurants in the Crystal Lake/Epcot area and end the day with Illuminations and a leisurely late stroll around World Showcase.

chellbell
07-29-2011, 12:05 PM
I did a one day a few months ago when checking out a college, which was also about an hour away. I was with my cousin and we ended up going to three parks. It was a lot of fun but I was tired that night!

I think it just depends on what you want to do. When you go one day and are going to different parks, you tend to miss things because your trying to get a lot done in a short time. If you only want the rides, then I'd park hop. If you want to go slow and at your own pace, then do only one park and if later that day you want to go to another you still can. :)

Jillirose
07-29-2011, 12:34 PM
If it was me I'd do Magic Kingdom in the morning through lunch then hop on over to EPCOT to get things done there and then dinner somewhere in world showcase.

I agree though, 1 day would be rough!

:ditto:

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-29-2011, 12:43 PM
I'd do exactly what you wanted to do.

DD and I spend a "girls day" in the parks, where we did our favourite ride or two from each park. It was crazy, it was tiring, but I'd do it again for sure.

Think about your favourite things to do, and just do those! Whatever you decide, enjoy :thumbsup:

ryca1dreams
07-29-2011, 01:12 PM
I would just do one park (torn between MK and Epcot) and really take my time - listen to the music, look at the details, people watch, character watch, talk to CMs, and of course, enjoy the attractions.

jonahbear2006
07-29-2011, 10:40 PM
blizzard beach. I think that if I went to any of the 4 main parks I would be completely mentally conflicted, even after the fact, so I would def. choose a water park or Disneyquest.

mymickeymouse
07-29-2011, 11:41 PM
How tough! I would want to say dhs since that is my favorite park, but there is so much magic at wdw, how can you go wrong wherever you go? We have not been in four years and cannot wait until next June for our family trip(8 total).i would say go where your heart leads you!!!!:cloud9:

princessgirls
07-29-2011, 11:56 PM
Epcot/Magic Kingdom.

We had a one-day park hopper day last year while in town for a family reunion. We did an all-out 14 hour Magic Kingdom/Epcot day and it was fabulous!!!

Julie:mickey:

Tink#64
07-30-2011, 12:25 AM
Which park is your DS's fav? I'd definitely do what would be special for him! If he doesn't have a fave, my perfect one day would also be start with MK in the AM - park opening for sure & then the afternoon/evening in Epcot!

:pixie: For a special trip, even though it will be bittersweet, still making more lifetime memories! :cloud9:

darthmacho
07-30-2011, 04:56 AM
I'm betting you won't make a wrong decision, because you'll enjoy whatever you decide. I personally like the Epcot/Beach Club suggestions because you can really maximize your park time and minimize your travel. If you really want to hop to MK, there's always the monorail.
:mickey:

DisneyorBust
07-30-2011, 08:17 AM
If I had only one day to enjoy the "World"....based on where the OP is staying I would opt for the MK/Epcot split day. Like others have stated, spend the first half of your day in MK, enjoy a nice lunch and spend the rest of your day in Epcot, and top it all off with Illuminations and a short stroll back to your resort. I've always found Epcot a nice park to relax in.
And congratulations to your son!
I feel your pain, we have two in college, luckily one commutes from home.

Disneymom4ever
07-30-2011, 10:04 AM
Thank you so much everyone, it's interesting to see what you all would do. I'm now thinking I might just let my son make this decision, and spend the day with him. He loves MK, so I'm thinking that's where a lot of our day will be (EMH that morning as well). And then we might just go from there. My DH says he is "tired of Disney", and wants to just relax at the resort that day, which is unimaginable to me! (He thinks I'm nuts and rolls his eyes every time I plan a Disney trip). So this could be a special day for my son and I. And if any of you are there at that time, and see a mom blubbering in line, well, yep, that would probably be me. :mickey: