PDA

View Full Version : Downtown Disney with a 3 y/o and a 9 month old

Lizzy
07-29-2011, 10:25 AM
First I want to say: Hi INTERCOT! I've missed you!

I am taking my younger kids to DTD for lunch with one friend and then meeting another for dinner. Am I crazy? I am excited though, but I hope I can keep them both happy and entertained most of the day there.

It has been years since I have been to DTD. Besides Legos, what is there for me to keep them busy and having fun? There's plenty shopping for me.

PlutoToo
07-29-2011, 10:38 AM
There was a little train ride near the pin station. If your little one liked boats, take the boat to Port Orleans and back. I think there are sometimes parrots outside Rainforest Cafe to see. Not sure what else may appeal to you.

Lizzy
07-29-2011, 11:05 AM
Oh I forgot about the train! Taking the boat ride is a good idea too if they get sleepy. Thanks! :thumbsup:

HackLaSalle
07-29-2011, 11:42 AM
The magic shop (is that still there???) does demos every now and then. You can also try the Characters in Flight balloon ride... don't know how that would effect the 9 month old. Ice cream at Ghiradellis... there's some options.

diz_girl
07-29-2011, 11:53 AM
Aren't there play fountains too? So maybe have lunch with your one friend, then have your 3 y.o. play in the fountains, then have them do the train ride/playground to dry off, then they can zonk out on the boat ride (or two or three) before dinner with your other friend.

Lizzy
07-29-2011, 09:29 PM
I posted a report on how the day went if you are curious :cool: