PDA

View Full Version : Rain Forest Cafe

NewmanFamily6
07-28-2011, 06:04 PM
Is there one location that is better than the other for Rain Forest Cafe....AK or Downtown Disney?

faline
07-28-2011, 06:36 PM
I think they're pretty comparable. I haven't been to either in quite some time but, in my experience, the one at Animal Kingdom was often less crowded than the one at Downtown Disney though, lately, it doesn't seem I've seen massive crowds at the Downtown Disney site.

AllDisney
07-28-2011, 06:44 PM
I like the location of the one at AK. It has worked for us upon leaving the park to have ADR's and early dinner.

The location of the one in DTD offers you the chance to walk around and take it all in:mickey:

Both places offer the same food & service. It's down to location, location, location:thumbsup:

moe513
07-28-2011, 06:51 PM
We like the AK one better. We take a break from our AK day and go have lunch and then go back to the attractions

MinnieMommie
07-28-2011, 09:49 PM
We like them both the same. In my experience the DD location has longer lines but we have a safari club card so that expedites entry. Just select the location that fits into your plans. It's all good. :mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-29-2011, 09:19 AM
We've only eaten at the AK one but we have always enjoyed it so that's what I would choose.

btharvey
07-29-2011, 09:22 AM
There used to be somewhat of a difference (AK seemed to end up on top most of the time when compared to Downtown Disney), but it seems as if it has disappeared.

Pick the one that's near where you want to go and what you want to do. They're across the country as well (we used to live not far from one in Towson, MD). It is pretty much like the AK one.

yourmagicalguide
07-29-2011, 04:10 PM
Eating at the Rain Forest Cafe in AK is a great choice for supper if you plan to spend the day in the park and simply want to walk a few steps out the gate for a meal :thumbsup: As another commenter said, I would make ADR's to avoid a long wait.

Both restaurants are seemingly the same in terms of food and decor, but it has been a few years since I've been to both. I have personally had friendlier and more helpful service at the one in AK, though.

:mickey:

steamboat willy
07-30-2011, 08:27 AM
Is there one location that is better than the other for Rain Forest Cafe....AK or Downtown Disney?

Going against the grain here: We enjoy LUNCH at Rainforest in Animal Kingdom for a cool, set down meal. But for Dinner, we like Rainforest at Downtown Disney. More to see and do before and after. We can walk off our meal, enjoy the shops and entertainment as we walk around.
When you leave Rainforest -Animal Kingdom at night, all you do is walk to the Parking Lot.