PDA

View Full Version : town car or me

peter's #1 fan
07-28-2011, 11:05 AM
which would you use a town car with grocery stop or magical express with garden grocer. we usually use the town car but wondering if we could save a few bucks.

DizneyRox
07-28-2011, 11:17 AM
Cheaper? ME w/ GG probably. The town car cost will far exceed the convenience fees on the grocery delivery.

Convenience? Probably town car, but knowing the brands you're getting from GG might be worth a little piece of mind. Depending on where you stop, the store may or may not have the brands you are used to.

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-28-2011, 08:11 PM
Which would I do?

I'd probably stick with the town car, since that's what you're used to. I also like being able to pick out my own products, check prices, etc.

faline
07-28-2011, 08:34 PM
I've never used a grocery service but do like the personalized ride from the airport and the opportunity to shop for those items I want.

spoiledraf
07-28-2011, 09:56 PM
At $115 round trip, plus tip, thats a pricey limo ride to get a shopping stop in. Can't remember what the charge was for GG but it was very reasonable and convienient. you can also get adult beverages. And as for picking items, they list brands and prices so you do have choices. Is it worth 135 bucks to hand pick your choices plus the time it takes to make the stop, ? Not to me!

CleveRocks
07-30-2011, 08:43 AM
If the personalized service and private ride are worth the money to you, then you have to go with the car service.

But I can tell you this ... you'll get to your resort faster with Disney's Magical Express (and grocery delivery) versus car service + grocery stop.

I've used Goodings 3 times for grocery deliveries and I've always been satisfied. I don't need a private ride, I just need an efficient way to get to my resort to start my family's vacation, and DME has always done that for us. And although I don't NEED to watch every penny I spend, I'm very very happy to not shell out $120+ for an airport transfer that I can otherwise get for free.

peter's #1 fan
08-01-2011, 12:23 PM
thanks everyone:mickey: