PDA

View Full Version : Art of Animation Resort

Sunshine1010
07-28-2011, 01:52 AM
I just read about the Art of Animation Resort. Well, I've known about it like everyone else...but I'm just NOW researching it.

They say that it will have 1100 rooms that room 6. Wow....that's great. I once needed a place for 5 people, and the choices were limited. So this is a welcome change for whenever we bring our son's friends.

But...reality hit me. That would mean if there were 1100 rooms available..and it held 6 people. ...that's 6,600 more people in the parks every day. Am I wrong?

Sunshine1010
07-28-2011, 01:53 AM
Also, another question about it: Can just 3 people stay in the rooms...or do they have to have a certain amount of people?

Strmchsr
07-28-2011, 07:50 AM
Well, every room won't hold 6, every room won't always be full, and folks that might stay off-site or elsewhere would be staying here, too, but hypothetically, yes, that could be 6,600 more people. You could certainly have 1,3, or 6 in a room. There's no minimum. However, given the prices of AOA resort, I wouldn't stay there with less than 5. Even then 2 rooms at a normal value resort are cheaper at the moment.

Mfarquar
07-28-2011, 08:04 AM
I think it will be safe to assume that Disney will pull some pre-existing fans who stay onsite to AoA for an extra trip because this is a new resort. However, I think this will be the minority of their business.

As it has been their motivation for a long time, Disney will be looking to pull business from the existing market - i.e., they will be looking to get people who are visiting Orlando to stay on their property. As OP mentions, having rooms that accommodate 6 people will satisfy a need of potential customers.

Disney knows their profit rises exponentially the longer guests are on the property and in the parks. AoA helps them achieve this.

So, that is not to say that 6600 new guests will be added to the park per day. Rather, there are 6600 guests that may be staying on-site instead of off-site. Where there may be an increase, especially during the busy months, is in Extra Magic Hours attendance.

There will actually be more than 6600 guests, because there are also traditional rooms being added (I believe the Little Mermaid section). I think it is safe to assume this hotel addition will be handled by Disney the same way they have handled the addition of other hotels and DVC locations.