PDA

View Full Version : Fantasmic dinner package!

jazzy
07-27-2011, 07:43 PM
I am interested in doin the fantasmic dinner show, got some info on the dinning and what comes with the show but before i decide to move foward i need feedback, has anyone ever done this and is this worth it?

faline
07-27-2011, 07:47 PM
Haven't done it in a while but enjoyed it when we did it last. I believe we ate at Brown Derby as part of our package.

DisneyMom12
07-27-2011, 07:59 PM
I think it's worth it not to have to wait so long on line to see the show. I have eaten at both Hollywood and Vine, and Brown Derby with my package, and enjoyed them both.

brivers222
07-27-2011, 09:03 PM
We have mamma melrose in our package... not my first choice at all, but if it gets us through the lines at Fantasmic is worth it.

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-27-2011, 09:13 PM
I don't see any reason not to do the dinner & show package.

For us, there just isn't any way I'm going to wait hours to get into the show, and I'm going to eat anyways, so why not do the dinner package.

We've done all three restaurants, and the Brown Derby was wonderful, but expensive. Hollywood & Vine was fine, (but loud), and Mama Melrose was just "ugh". But still, not having to wait in line was wonderful!

jazzy
07-27-2011, 10:47 PM
How do you go about seeing the show are there areas in the fantasmic show where you can sit and eat, do you have to arrive at the show 45min prior to it show time, do you go after you eat, what do you do after you eat?

Suz36
07-27-2011, 10:50 PM
We've used the package at Mama Melrose's and Hollywood and Vine, and I would definitely recommend it. We enjoyed the meals, and it definitely took the stress out of the Fantasmic! experience. The only drawback that I see is the meal times have been extremely early for us - in the 3:45 to 4:15 range for dinner. But it was worth it.

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-28-2011, 08:07 AM
For us not having to wait 2 hours in line for a guaranteed seat is worth it...we ate at Hollywood and Vine last trip with the package and thought it was kind of mediocre...we are doing Hollywood Brown Derby on our upcoming trip and I am excited because I have heard good things about it. We have eaten at Mama Melrose's several years ago and thought it was okay but have been hearing excellent reviews on this site lately.

mariak
07-28-2011, 10:07 AM
I definitely think it’s worth it! I’m all for anything that maximizes our time ENJOYING the parks and NOT waiting hours in lines. When you make your ressies, they basically assign a time for your meal. Then, at the restaurant, they give you a pass with information on it including a little map that shows where the entrance is for the people who have the reserved seating for the dining package. I think we generally get there about 20-30 minutes before the show (but I think 45 is recommended). Once there, you are in the section which is roped off for this. It’s double nice because that area is right by the exit so that you are a little ahead of the crowd when the show is over.

We ate a Mama Melrose’s the first time we did it. Our entire family really enjoyed the meal although it did seem to take a long time from beginning to end. But, when I scheduled it (trying for a little bit later time), we were also given an earlish time for dinner(as someone else has posted). The cast member told me that the computer spits out times that would get you in and out in time for the show…..so we kind of had a clue that it might take a while.

For our trip last December, I tried to get ressies for Mama Melrose’s again but was told that there were none available …..which I thought weird because I was calling ON my 180 booking day. Oh well, we weren’t ready to give up 2 table service credits for The Hollywood Brown Derby so I booked Hollywood & Vine which was very good. They had a nice buffet and we enjoyed pretty much everything we tried.

We are headed back in Sept. and I was finally able to get Mama Melrose’s again for this trip……but not without some work! When I made my ressies (ON my 180 day mark), I had no luck on-line so I called the dining reservation line and talked to a cast member who said that MM’s is usually the first to fill up for the Fantasmic package and she could not get a reservation to come up for that day and restaurant either. I told her about having the same thing happen last year while trying to plan our December trip and a friend of mine who had that happen for her December trip as well. We both thought that really odd so she kept trying (for like 10 minutes) as we both came to the conclusion that not ALL of the reservations could be booked for the Mama Melrose’s/Fantasmic package, ON the 180 day mark, first thing in the morning. She kept digging with no luck. We were just about to hang up when she screamed, “Wait! I got it!” She said that she had to search it some other way ……..I’m thinking she said that she had to plug in “lunch” or something. I would guess that this may be the same problem that both my friend and I ran into when trying to book previous packages with MM’s???? …..just thought I’d share this with you all in case anyone else has ever had problems getting this package. …it may be worth a try to ask the cast member to change search parameters to “lunch”.

Have a magical trip! :malef:

Mickey'sGirl
07-28-2011, 10:25 AM
How do you go about seeing the show are there areas in the fantasmic show where you can sit and eat, do you have to arrive at the show 45min prior to it show time, do you go after you eat, what do you do after you eat?This is the only way we go to see Fantasmic. With two autistic sons, waiting with a crowd for hours in the heat is simply not an option!

Call dining reservations and tell them you want to book the "Fantasmic Dining Package". You are not limited to a certain time to go to eat (we are eating at the Brown Derby at 3:50 this year). You go and eat as you normally would, and then your server will give you a "pass" that you take to the entry spot about 45 minutes before the show. There is a reserved section for package holders .... but if you are too late, you will be out of luck seat wise. They will not save them forever, so make sure you are there at least 45 minutes before! Also note that your reservation must be secured with a credit card, which will not be charged, unless you default on your reservation.

You can go enjoy the park as you normally would, but make sure to get to the entrance for the show!

It's a great program for us. :thumbsup:

wickedgin
07-28-2011, 08:24 PM
We didn't do the dining package last time (June 2010), and it was probably the most miserable part of our trip--the mention of Fantasmic still elicits 'ughs' from my children.
However, we were there during SWW so the park was super-full and it was incredibly hot. At a less-busy time, it might not matter so much, but I think that not having to be in line/on the less-than-comfortable benches for hours makes the dinner package worth it. :thumbsup:

bburky502
08-01-2011, 10:32 AM
As we have never done the Fantasmic package, I don't know the answer to this...can you book the package online or is it only through the phone system?

brivers222
08-01-2011, 12:44 PM
Right now its only available online up until Nov 12th... Any time after that (as with us) has to be phoned in.

I am sure in a few weeks it will extend the time for online booking, but you risk the chance of it being sold out.

AllDisney
08-01-2011, 01:07 PM
We have used the package in the past and it's worked out fine. Brown Derby is our fav but we have always enjoyed Mama Melrose's dinner as well.

This past May we did NOT do the package and had NO issues. We were there the week of Memorial Day. We had dinner and walked into the show about 45 minutes before the show and were right in the middle. ALL the rows were open and did NOT have any issues.

As many times as we have been we have NEVER had to line up 2 hours before a show. I don't know when the people go that there is a 2 hr wait (maybe Christmas week)?

Anyway...you'll make the right choice:number1: